Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Remembering her

Its just one of those days, when you have loads of work to do, but at the moment you are just postponing it to sometime later.

I glance at the clock on my computer and the date today is 6th October!

The date reminds me of a friend whom I have lost contact with years ago, and it happens to be her birthday. Her name was Ruby and we were friends way back in our eleventh grade. We were very good friends and enjoyed our time together studying together for our 12th board exams. We were both quite alike in our tastes and our aspirations in life and if nothing we knew that we wanted to make it big someday! Just like her name, she was precious..

Alas, as we both parted our ways, she to become a successful physiotherapist and me a Pharmacist.

Sometimes, even though you know you want to stay in touch and you very well think about each other, you just drift apart. She moved from the place where she lived before and one day after four years, we met each other in the train.

Later, I came to the US and then during one of my vacations to Bombay, from somewhere, I got her contact address. I called her and she told me that she was married and now lives in Dubai!!! All at the age of 21..

I know 21 is a perfectly normal time for girls to get married, but I could not relate this to Ruby, only coz I thought she was meant to do something different in life. We have still not met, and somehow never got in touch later on.

She still remains to be a treasured friend and someone whom I think I should have remained in touch with.

Sometimes, even though you may not meet each other often and you may not write to each other often, still there is this place within your heart where that person still resides!

Like the one song “Purani Jeans”

Bus YaadeinYaadeinYaadein Reh Jaati Hain
Kuch ChotiChoti Baatain Reh Jaati Hain

All I remember about her were the two years of fun we had while in college. Sitting on the last bench and having a good time. Those wake-up calls that we gave each other and those times, when we just sat in the college canteen contemplating life.

I know she must be happy in her life and I wish her a Happy birthday for years to come. Wish, I could just let her know, how much I still think of her…
But the hope remains that one day we shall………


Comments on "Remembering her"

 

Blogger vi said ... (12:57 PM) : 

"yaadein bas yaadein reh jaati hain"
Given a choice I wouldn't want to meet any of my school friends...I am happy that they were part of my past....now it would be so awkward...
Baas yaadein kafi hain...sigh...I wish I can reach that stage with well lets not drift here :)

and to keep it symetrical endinging with a song/ghazal
Waqt ke saath har cheez badal jaati....yeh haqiqat hai...(magar mujheko batata kya hai)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (1:14 PM) : 

I guess we are meant to drift apart else we are never gonna find new friends. I've lost touch with lot of my older friends and it feel so awesome when one of them contacts you.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:57 PM) : 

#Vi

I am still in touch with my school mates and its fun to know that someone out there exists, who has seen you growing up and with someone whom you shared the most innocent phase of your life. In fact, I happened to meet a friend of mine whom I last met in 1995, he used to sit behind my bench in school. It was a wonderful surprise to meet a friend, after a decade of time!

You can still talk about school teachers and back benchers with them, about childish stuff without a hitch and things that no matter what you wont talk with friends whom you have met at this stage of your life!!

#Thanu,

Yes! its a different feeling altogether, although old friends are like "Aged wine", they only taste better with time!!

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (7:35 PM) : 

ROS,

Some of the best friends i made were after the 10th grade :) I am still in touch with all of them.

Never loose hold the 2 main ropes of life - hope and faith

I sincerely hope you get to meet Ruby soon.

Bhole

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Bhole,

What a coincidence, I just commented on your blog and I saw a comment on mine!!Wow..Lagta hai Vi prayed for me and also passed on her share of luck to me:D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I am still in touch with a couple of friends who I have known for 14 years of my life! Also...have yall observed? It is so easy to remember almost 90% of the names of the people who were in your class back when you were in school. I tried writing down the names of all the people I remembered...after readiing your post...and I remembered most of them along with a mental picture of their faces!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Hey Freako!

Wow!! that was a nice "assignment":)
I think its not easy to forget a name that you have heard before even though you may not always be able to associate a face to that name!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I thought you had posted this post once before.

 

So you were saying....