Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ordinary-yet-extraordinary


We all have our own ways of greeting the weekend. So my fridays kinda dangles at the threshold of being a complete party animal or partying-alone-at-home. Well, I know it sounds crazy but then who said I am not crazy:))
So here is how I "am enjoying" my friday..which has gone well into saturday:)

Considering that I had a great time at the friday lab meeting, me and Jas decided to hook all the guys and convince them to go out for Starbucks (for a change) instead of their regular friday night booze. Even before, we could go on to ask them for this, we knew it would just be the two of us..Never mind! The temperature was well into 37 F today and what else can give you pleasure than a warm cuppa coffee on a cold-almost-winter-like evening:)

You know, one of those days, you want to put on your dancing shoes and feel happy for no reason at all. Everything around you is serene, not a typical crowded friday evening and the atmosphere is just awesome for a romance! Well, dont think, am getting any ideas..but this is exactly my state of mind as of now!!

Our topic for discussion races to the movie "Serendipity"..(Since, I have loads to write, let me keep the movie discussion for sometime later, else it would take the focus out of the blog)

So here, I am all happy and trying to figure out how exactly I can spend the evening in a way that I don't have to go out in the darn cold weather..

Music is the answer to everything in the world..So, I switched on my classic english rock collection and the evening was well spent listening to "Neil Sedaka" crooning in the background to "I am living next door to an angel"..

A weird thought came to my mind, thinking that if America did have an "English dhaba" this music would have fit well. The way punjabi songs play in the background in the dhabas that are run by sardarjis. I would have loved to find something like that over here. Though, I absolutely love rock-n-roll, the aura it created, which made a horrible dancer like me, actually tap her feet with joy!!!! You know, how it feels, when you fall in love with yourself:))

Guess what I was doing while I was "experiencing all those lovey-dovey feelings"..Vaccuming my carpet at unearthly hour (precisely, 12:30 AM), followed by a quick shower, dinner at 1:00 AM ending with adrak-wali chai, which I am still sipping:))...and now after editing this post at 4:00 AM, I am relishing "Hershey's Raspberry-blackcurrant-icecream":))

Sounds insane, isnt it??

Not quite! kinda feels awesome to let your hair down once in a while,

  • To forget doing things at their specified time
  • To just live for the moment
  • To shut off that alarm for once
  • To just shut off that phone for once
  • To do ordinary things in an extraordinary way

Aah! the feeling is divine!!

Mmmm...I get wings to fly

Oh, I'm alive

I can touch the sky

I know that I'm alive

I am living for myself just today, experiencing this wonderful thing that God has given us, LIFE!!!



Comments on "Ordinary-yet-extraordinary"

 

Blogger silverine said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Wow, you are alive!!!!

Great post.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Hey Silverline,

Thanks for stopping by:) and for making sense of what was written in a fit-of-emotion:)
ROS

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (3:01 PM) : 

ROS,

Live life king size :)

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Bhole

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:40 PM) : 

# Bhole,

I agree:-)
To put your words in another way,
"Work as if you don't care about money.
Dance as if you are not being watched.
Love as if you've never been hurt"

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (5:18 PM) : 

ROS - I like the other way better :) Especially ...Love as if you've never been hurt

Bhole

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:07 PM) : 

# Bhole,

Love as if it was your first time:-)coz eac time it happens, it absolutely magical!

 

So you were saying....