Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Milk, ginger and 10 cents!!

Instance 1: Today

By now, it is a well documented fact that I am quite addicted to caffeine..
With that, I have come to realization that I am even addicted to ginger??

Get the link??

Are yaar,
adrak-wali-chai..

OK! Yet another crazy event…

Instance 2: Two days back

University gym parking lot--- I saw a wallet lying around, maybe someone accidentally dropped it on his way to the gym. I opened it and saw his name etc..but no contact details.

I search our school database and find his name and send him an email that his wallet is safe with me and that he should come and pick it up from me. He comes, gives me blessings..Leaves..

Story over

Instance 3: Today

My stomach is grumbling….tiring day.. have to work on student chapter budget..to work on outline…

Desperately in need of tea…I come home and open the refrigerator, only to find that I ran out of milk and ginger too..And, I cannot do without both!!

I pick up my purse, and rush to the grocery store.

I buy both the items and have no patience to buy anything else..

The bill says $2 and 10 cents!

I open my purse to pay and realize that I do not have my wallet!!

That’s OK! I can always hunt for “chiller” in my purse which is always full of them…

To my horror, I find that I do not have a single penny…

Sad, I try to search my pocket, if I can find a dollar or two and to my amazement, I find exact 2 dollars!!

But….

What about the remaining 10 cents???

Sounds little cheap to bargain, in a US grocery store…Wish it was India, when you can get away with saying “
Bhaiyya de do na, 10 paise ki hi to baat hai;)

Anyhow, I can always come back..

I turn around and find the same “wallet guy” watching the entire scene from behind!!!!!!!!

Yes! As unbelievable as it sounds…this is exactly what happened

He was more than happy to pay for those 10 cents!!

Though, it’s a meager amount, nevertheless it has come at a time when those 10 cents meant a lot!

Like they say,
“One good turn, deserves another”

I volunteered to pay him those 10 cents later, to which he just said “
Girl, you saved more than a thousand dollars for me, and you talk of 10 cents!!!!”

Man, is it just me or my life is full of them…

COINCIDENCES!!










Comments on "Milk, ginger and 10 cents!!"

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (8:49 PM) : 

ROS,

Alright, so i am the first one to comment on this blog :)

Instance 1 - I thought it was gingerale :)

Instance 2 - He comes, gives me blessings..Leaves.. Didn't he collect his wallet? ;)

Instance 3 - I always fear something like that happening cause i very rarely carry cash. I rely alot on Credit Cards. :)

"Bhaiyya de do na, 10 paise ki hi to baat hai ;)" ROFL

Bhole

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:52 PM) : 

# Bhole,

Hehe..very funny..he had come to pick his wallet, not to give me blessings..Lolz!!

yeah, me too..I always have cash in my jean pockets..(left overs from the vending machine)

Now, what the heck is ROFL??

Hes teaching me all acronyms!!!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:57 PM) : 

OK! I got it..

ROFL=Rolling on the Floor laughing:-)

Dekha!!

Thanks Google!!

 

Blogger aria said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Rays ..Now thats some coincidence.
Enjoyed reading this one.
In the middle of all this - you have written two delightful posts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 PM) : 

ROS...I think it high time
such 'coincidences' be given more thought in terms of how they play out in your life in general...like I said..yes yes it means something.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:48 PM) : 

# Aria,

Thanks gurlie:-)..Delightful..thats nice...
Ahan..you must have seen me then..
Mayb god is been generous, I must say..Shoot..despite all this, I don't know why I don't ask something for myself..

# freako,

Now!! You can't make such statements such as They mean something ..without elaborating on it...

Guys..this guy is a psychologist and now I do want to know his reasoning!! Plz tell me:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 AM) : 

Nice story :-)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (8:33 AM) : 

hey ROS
well now iam gonna be on a look out for dropped wallets..who knows what i might find...and who i might..hehehehehe...
just kidding
nice blog
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:31 AM) : 

# Harshi,

Umm..reminds me of "Hershey's chocolates":-)Thanks girl..

#Jeenu,
hehhe..that was a good one.All I could find in that wallet was a bunch of credit cards and a driver's license..hehe..which had no use for me:)) I dont want to be deported to India again..

ROS

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Awesome stuff, ROS!! Incidents like this make life more amazing than it already is! :)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (11:22 AM) : 

hey ROS
well i go to UVA ..iam not sure if i said that when i was commenting some where....:) true sign of a researcher huh :D
wat about u ... let me guess this one please..University of nebraska-lincon????? am i rite....:)
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Nice post, what goes around comes around, or in your case comes around real fast :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:54 PM) : 

# Sayesha,

Yea! absolutely..Makes you reinforce you beleif in "serendipity"

# jeenu,

Ya, I know what you are saying.Apparently, even I mentioned about my university in someone's blog..which I don't remember!
No, its not UNL..its UNMC

# Thanu,

Yeah! thats true..I only hope I dont end up saying something bad about someone..coz thats one thing I cannot take...:)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (1:30 PM) : 

hey ROS
First law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can be transformed from one form to another :)
wat iam trying to say is if u say something bad about someone they actually might end up saying some thing good about u..now will that not make u feel really bad :D
lol
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:18 PM) : 

# Jeenu

OOOpppssss!! Theromdynamicccssss!! wowie..are u into biophysics kya?:D
Yeah! imagine you bitched about somebody and that person comes to know and has all the nicest things to say about you! That will be terrible..and who knows, if you say bad about others,like how Thanu says, it will come back to you:)

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (11:51 PM) : 

arre waah

but every1's life is full of co-incis u c

 

So you were saying....