Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 10, 2005

My idea of a purrfect guy gift


Alighty, then…here I was looking for a “perfect gift” for a guy friend of mine..

Well, did not know it was that hard! To think of an “out-of-the-world gift!!

Thought about a few

  • A tienaah!Too formal for someone who dresses casually..
  • Perfumes or Cologne—Sick of those
  • Watches, pens -are a thing of the past
  • Shirts- Hmm…bored of giving those beige, black, brown, blue colors!
  • Gadgets: yeah! I know they would love to be proud owners of an Ipod nano, an IMac or any freaking cool gizmo, but they are darn expensive..:o
  • A Tennis ball, football- Am sure a guy owns atleast one of these, so why present??

    Umm, its different with a boy friend though, when a kiss or a hug can make up for any damn present in the world:)

    Think, Think, Think Hard!!!



My wandering mind came to few random things that a guy would/should need!!



Beware! They sound like consummately crazy things to give as present!!

A Trash canyeah! They always need thoseJ
Few Utensils—In my experience, they are real good gifts, especially when you go to teach the basics of teaching them how to cook [Thanks, Silverline]
A book on etiquettes—Might come handy, in case they forget

But, At last I came across this

A T-shirt!!

http://www.lifeisgood.com/

A T-shirt with a difference...


Yeah!! Long time back, a friend of mine wore this T-shirt that said

"Life is Good"

I realized that this might be a kinda different thing to present coz

  • It is not available at any normal store, so it wont be repititive
Maybe this is something that we sometimes forget..

Why not wear it, so you may feel it...

So this is my present for my dear friend!!

*** I have given the URL, coz of copyright laws*** [dont want to take a chance]

Comments on "My idea of a purrfect guy gift"

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (4:54 PM) : 

girl cudnt help myself...had to comment,have been so mean lately ..a little guilt creeping up in Nandya and hence Nandya apologizes to the Lady..thats indeed a cool idea...my best gifts when people give me Cartoon Books ...I abs love the Shermans lagoon...and ofcourse Phd Comics..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:15 PM) : 

# Hey Nandya,

Its OK! Don't let guilt imprison you!!I kinda reacted impulsively too and me says sorry:) I try to remain happy in midst of occasional bouts of sadness..
But, trying to see the brighter side of life...Thats why..LIFE IS GOOD:)
I truly beleive that,

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same, coz we all analyze life in our own sweet ways:)

So smile away, dude!

Hmm!! Me absolutely love comics...Archies, Famous Funnies!!

Thanks for writing back..Do write something yourself:-)

ROS

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (5:48 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Nandya,

Got your message that was intended for someone named Rashmi??? Cant see that post:(

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (7:18 PM) : 

well...LOL..u were too quick for me there....i was hinting that ur alias was Rashmi....

Archies....seriously!!!....:)

i wud suggest PhD comics....absoultely hillarious at times....

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (7:49 PM) : 

Aaarghhh I hate having to decide what to buy for a guy! It's really a tough task!! :O

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:55 PM) : 

# Sayesha,
Owwww!! look whos here:-)..
Thanks for visiting my "web-home"girlie:)

Just right now, I cribbed on Bhole's blog that I had a bad day at work..

So right now, your post gave me that much needed smile:)

Thanks!!

#Nandya,
Hmm..Well since past 2 days 2 guys have made two logical guesses for my name..Pehle, Kiran (coined by Pradyot)aur ab Rashmi.

That was hitting in the dark, Nandya:)

Naah!!that isnt my name:)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (7:56 PM) : 

Shopping for guys is so much harder than shopping for girls. So far the best gift I cud find for a guy is a shaving cream warmer.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:11 PM) : 

# Thanu,

Haha:) A shaving cream warmer:D

Never knew that existed:)

ROS

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (10:13 PM) : 

what the hell is a shaving cream warmer...thats the most luxurious and yet paradoxical nonsensical thing i have heard of ....

was looking for a word in Urdu for that...ROS

Soma = rays of the Moon was all i ended up with..kind of neat there

and Rashmi well turned out to be sanskrit...

me jobless right now...procastinating reading....

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:38 AM) : 

# Nandya,

Aww..dont worry..you will find a great job..Have you heard that "Toofan se pehle aanewala sannata":))

Well, quite a good literature search, I must say..Though, I am absolutely fascinated . with that celestial object MOON..

My name isn't Moon Moon either:))

To make things easier, My first name begins with K

 

Blogger vi said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Ray,
LOL, very well written...
Yes, buying for men is such a pain...for women it is simple cosmetics always works!

vi
*haven't had a chance to read up on all the blogs/comments yet...but I see Nandya here ;)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:44 AM) : 

# Vi,

Good to see you back:)

Yeah, Nandya is back with full force!!
ROS

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (1:13 PM) : 

these looked fascinating..

KALINDI: daughter of the sun god

KUNTI: lover of the sun god

Kshanika : on which lasts for few moments ( lightening)

Kunjana: forest girl

Kumudini: white lotus, moon light


Choose one and thou shall be hence forth known as......


#Vi..
tu jahan jahan chalegi mera saaya saath hoga ...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Whoa Nanda!!

Can't beleive, you are finding names from some Sanskrit Thesaurus I guess;)
Let me analyze each of them!!

KALINDI: No..not even close
KUNTI: No way! 5 children are SCARY
Kshanika : No, I ain't as destructive;)
Kunjana: Huh! Do I sound "jungli"or whattttttt'
Kumudini:Not remotely close!!

Man! how I wish, I can just give away my name now...but...now that you have trigerred that spark in me...I ain't relenting...

try harder...

BTW, what makes you think my name must be having a sanskrit meaning attached to it.??

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (5:12 PM) : 

i tried some Urdu names....but all cud come up with which had reference to the Sun was the Soma but which referred to the moon...and then there was Kajal...so u tell me Girl..btw i am the eternal state of bliss...LOL...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:19 PM) : 

# Nandya (or is it Anand

Hmmm....I think I am right but tough luck man!!!

No Kajal either..And why a Urdu name now??
Think Think...
You are getting there:)

ROS
P:S.My real name has no fictional or non fictional resembelance to Sun, moon, stars!!

That should make it easier, for ya!!

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (5:21 PM) : 

aur koi kaam dhandha nahin hain kya mereko...chal tu bhi kya yaad rakhegi ..try karta hoon

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:24 PM) : 

#Nahi re..I was just pulling your leg...
BTW, Bolo to what about my Guess???

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (5:34 PM) : 

well...that was a good one...and I must give u credit for that...right on...and Phd right on there too...

hmm..coming back to u..
Kalapi : peacock, nightingale
Kalpana : idea, imagination, fancy
Kanchana : gold
Kapila : divine cow, white cow
Kapotakshi: one with dove -like eyes( this one i really liked)



the ones most likely

kavita , kaveri or Kirti...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (6:59 PM) : 

# Nandya,

Its a smart guess that I made..Eternal state of bliss=anand=nandya...

Well, and who else can read Phd comics,say that he wants to write a 400 word abstract, and still claim to be jobless...A PHD student!!!!

Yeah, and coming back to me! to the 8 names u have on there...

ONE OF THOSE NAME IS MINE!!!
Rule out Kapotakshi...Cannot identify myself with a complicated name such as that:))..

So, let me know when you give up:))

ROS

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:04 PM) : 

#Nandya!!

And.And..And..Can I make an extremely intelligent guess here???

Let me know if you can handle it:))

ROS

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (7:17 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (7:19 PM) : 

ya i gave u good hints there...but quite a smart guess...a well deserved ego boosting....

ur alias..i go with kavita....if not i give up..

and as far as ur third guess is considered...i am absolutely game..and frankly quite curious..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:22 PM) : 

# Nandya,

Hats off dude, yeh to "Kanitkar"ke last ball wala "sixer"tha:) A pat on back..Iamkavita..

ok..about my guess..U are from OSU??

Man, am sorry..the other junta..this is turing out to be a live chat..but this is exciting!!

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (12:15 PM) : 

ROS - So you're Kavita, eh?

Buying a gift for anyone is a pain. That's why i like it when they say i want XYZ...as long as i can afford it :)

Bhole

 

So you were saying....