Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Of having to say sorry

Millions of ages ago when I was in fourth grade, I sneaked in and ate peanuts from my friends (Amit's) lunch box. He was a little boy too and complained to his mom, who in turn told me not to do that.

Needless, to say I felt very bad and told him “ I am sorry”, coz that's what was taught to us in "Moral Science class" and they say "Maaf karnewala bhagwan se bhi bada hota hai", which I do not totally refute..

Even now, when we recollect that event, we laugh at it. In fact, after that incident, him and me became good friends.

It was so easy to say "I am sorry"

That was then.

Now, as I think about it. It is increasingly getting difficult to say those three words that can straighten up everything rather, I avoid using that word judiciously.

How many times, when we say sorry, we actually mean it??

Or, in other way, when someone has come and dutifully told sorry to you, have you forgiven him/her completely?

In my opinion, there are certain things in life for which even if you genuinely feel sorry, the other person will never be able to undo that or forget it.

He might pretend or forget it only coz he has to.

How will a girl ever feel when a guy whom she loves comes and tells her “Hey, you are a wonderful creation of god, tum to yeh ho, tum to woh ho. But…am sorry!

I mean, should the girl be excited that so many compliments were just showered on her or be sad that despite her being such an awesome person, he is sorry!

I mean why feel sorry for such a thing..

You run your car over a poor little deer strolling around on the road, and you feel sorry for that. Obviously! But, is the deer going to get its life back?

These are simple little events in life..but there are far more important things in life for which even if you feel sorry, the damage can never be undone.

I remember a time when me and my sister used to have a fight. I used to coolly say sorry for any damn reason even if I have been really mean.

She used to just retort saying “Sorry cannot make a dead man alive

Well, indeed..it cannot!!

People say hurtful words, without realizing what damage it can do to the person who is at the receiving end.

In the end all they do is to say “ I am sorry”..Done!

They know..nothing can be said beyond that….


Sometimes, in life there is no "Backspace"button. Once you hit ENTER, it goes into your record forever.









Comments on "Of having to say sorry"

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (6:15 PM) : 

ROS - Here in the US you can say my apologies :)

On a serious note....
I have a hard time too saying those 3 words. It takes alot....

Bhole

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (6:47 PM) : 

Sorry is a word that is so much abused. Great post, made me think about all the sorries I've said.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:36 PM) : 

Bhole,

You are right:-) Apologies accepted!

Thanu,

:D..I am sure, none of them would be so serious..

Vikram

Thanks for stoppin by. I don't think sorry as a word has lost its meaning. Its the people who have done so..using it inappropriately. Also, for close people, you never really have to say sorry..coz with them your eyes speak volumes:)

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (8:43 PM) : 

ROS,

Thanks for stoppin by. Yeh kya koi bus-stop hai?? :) ROFL

Bhole

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:48 PM) : 

# Bhole,

Kuch apna dialgue maaro yaar!! Copy Cat :))

 

Blogger vi said ... (10:28 PM) : 

Hi Ray,
Nice post...I have no problem saying sorry...I guess I am humble kind of person....:) Aur kisi ka dil nahin dukha sakti...I think if i got airmiles/frequent flyer points for guilt trips I could have enough points to flying to Delhi each week :)

BTW, went out with a real Ray today...seems like a nice chap but firangs...ok laters!

vi

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (11:49 PM) : 

oye good yaar
i completely agree...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:20 AM) : 

# Nutty,

Hmm! interesting question..For me, flowers usually do the trick;)

# Pradyot,
Thats the whole point. Somehow, I do not wish to be in a situation for which I will be sorry. Not that I am proud of saying it, but I think when I say sorry, I might have done something really bad.

On another note.. who went crazy over my upside down pic? Couldn't find the person

BTW, that is "Vi", Now, Vi can you handle this:D

Not re, thats fine..You are having your break..enjoy!! I am glad you came back with a great post:)

#Vi,
Okkk!!And we thought you eloped!! You have to blog about this "Ray"
# Z,

Thanks yaar!!:) Keep visiting!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:06 AM) : 

# Vikram!

Not to say, in the US of A, "excuse me"has been replaced with "Sorry":) I agree!!

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (9:57 AM) : 

HI K,

interesting post...i guess its how u say it that really matters....

make a very saaaad face....get a very serious look and if possible get a little teary eyed....and then say sorry....that almost does the trick...hai na...!!!...

luv and rgds,
Nandya

 

Blogger aria said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Sorry! Looks like I missed the bus - couldn't comment on time ;)
For me - its like lying - I can lie so naturally without thinking :D
Can't say (Read - won't say!) abt others ..

Btw - Nice pic Nandya ;)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:22 AM) : 

# Nandya,

Good to have you back! Ya with that expression People are going to be more sorry;)
P.S: Nuttysocrates, see there's one more way!

# Aria,
aka SRK, huh! Even if that guy lies, none can tell..Like that of Kabhi haan, kabhi na"..Oh boy! you definitely feel sorry for that guy even when he has lied so bad!

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (10:48 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (10:52 AM) : 

thanks mermaid..... since i used the evil google to track down ROS i thought well hell with being a faceless charachter...


Nuttysocrates...??? what in the world are u talking abt there girl..?

10:48 AM

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:56 AM) : 

# Nandya,

Please refer previous comments.."Nuttysocrates"is someones blog name..You dumbo!!

OK! this guy has been evil in tracking me down that way..but thats OK, nothing can remain hidden from google:))

 

So you were saying....