Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Thoughts behind that 'bridge'


OK! so my last post regarding the bridge, intrigued quite a few people.
Thanks guys, for all your inputs:D
Well, the first pic on there was of a bridge in the lush green natural beauty of Duluth, Minesotta.
A place rich in terms of beauty. So we (hikers) had loads of fun.
Greenary, water bodies, Superior lake will cast a lasting impression on anyone's mind.
Here, I am trying to unleash some of the moments from that trip and also about my previous post!
So, here we were set out on our hiking trail and we heard some wierd screeching sounds...Oohhh scary ones..especially when there were not many people in the vicinity. We set out to begin our trek in the direction of that 'sound'
From a far distance, we saw that bridge and there was something about it that mystified us and we thought of setting our foot there.Yes! Aria, you were right in that guess:)
The expedition began and the 'sound' started to intensify.
Our final destination was that 'bridge' and when we finally did reach there, we were astonished that the place was absolutely uninhabited. None ventured there. It looked desolate and lonely.
Like in the first picture, there are lush green trees, lake in the middle (that signifies a rich life) and then an age-old bridge! (that I interpret as emptiness).
Something that reminded me of a feeling of being lonely despite all the richness in life.
If, you observe the picture there is a 'Ray of sun' that is peeking through and cutting across the bridge. To me it symbolizes 'Ray of hope'. This ray is ehancing the beauty of bridge despite its loneliness and it still appears charming. Maybe, we all have that ray of hope within us that helps us keep going despite all odds.
Our 'disappointments' are like the bridge, we find ourselves lonely and secluded. The green leaves and water are like our 'goals', which are beautiful. Our family and friends represent THAT ray of sun, who will continue to enrich our lives and act as moral support for us as we embark on this journey.
Well, thats that..
The second picture was absolutely nonsensical. Coz, as we stepped on that bridge it started to 'tremble'. That 'sound' was coming from this bridge. The bridge that looked sturdy, was hardly able to take MY weight:D
Extrapolate it to real life, people appear strong and sturdy from outside, but they are as vulnerable from inside..it just need some right person to step on it:)
Now the stupidity, I stepped on it to see if it crumbles under my weight:))) This was what I asked in my last post!
Now, take it easy guys!
Since, it was the first time that I did many things for the first time:
1.Experienced the incredible beauty of Fall colors for the first time
2. Experienced the 'sunrise'and the 'sunset' on the same day after a LONG time
3. Realized that the best way to know someone is to go bag-packing:D

Comments on "Thoughts behind that 'bridge'"

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Hey Vik,
I know!maybe my previous post was not worth the pain of thinking so much!

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Great picts. I love hiking too.
//Realized that the best way to know someone is to go bag-packing:D

So true!!

 

Blogger aria said ... (8:48 AM) : 

Rays :D
So only I could guess - atleast something abt it!
I really thought the bridge was quiet prolific n capable of stirring you much more if you saw it for real!
Very nice pics.

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (9:27 AM) : 

hey ROS
the pictures seem to remind me of the robert frost poem
" stopping by the woods on a snowy evening.."
nice pics...
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:02 AM) : 

# Vik,

I know, kiddo;)

#Thanu,

Yeah!hiking is fun...but there aren't mountains in Nebraska:(

#Aria,
'The deep thinker' Only you could do justice to my blog...which I had actually thought of getting out...

# Jeens,

Rober Frost..man! that guy writes poetries that even I can understand:))othwerwise, me not into poems..unfortunately.

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (11:41 AM) : 

ROS - I was expecting a one word answer :D Aur tumne poora blog likh dala :)

On a serious note, nice thoughts.

Bhole

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (1:10 PM) : 

ROS,
You shud come to CA, we will go to Yosemite and u can hike all u can.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Hehehe..Thanu:) Thanks...California beckons me:)Now I have all the more reason..Yayyy

 

So you were saying....