Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Friday the 13th

[Some might find the contents of the post very personal and some might actually not care]
I looked at the date on computer today at 12:30 PM and was a little surprised.

For the first time, I did not have it in my mind that it is my sister's birthday today (13th jan).

No, I DID not forget the date but forgot that it was the dawn of 13th!

Aahgh! talk about being pre occupied. The only date there's on my mind is 10th jan:(

But, I remembered it at the brink of time and made sure that I was the first one to call her.

Maybe remembering birthday's is not a big deal. But, to forget someone birthday who is close to me is a sin for me. I do not like the feeling if I forget it.

I think we do not always get an opportunity to express our feelings to someone who is close to us but birthdays are just special in many ways.

Her friends used to chide her by saying "13 number manhoos number" but she would always say that 13 is her lucky number:)) She proved them all wrong when "Aamir Khan wore that t-shirt numbered 13 in the movie Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar and won the cycle race. I have grown to like that movie only coz of that!

When I was in school and until my 12th std, I did not have close guy friends. I had good friends, but thats about it, they weren't the ones who would call me or pay me a visit.

And my sister rocked in that way coz she had and still has more number of guy friends.
Apart from this difference we had a lottttttttt of dissimilarities:
Including:
1. She is really girlie girlie and mama's good daughter. Does household chores with lot of enthusiasm. I hate doing that. I do it coz I cant stand sloppiness and there is no one else who will do it for me here:( Even now, I let the dishwasher do it for me as I abhor cleaning utensils.
2. Very well organized in everything.
Books: Her notes are all lined up and labeled and stored in seperate folders. Typical Capricorn trait. When I was in school, my books used to get scrolled at the edges.
She used a proper marker and highlighter. Whereas, I still use a pen and cannot stand flourescent markers at all.
3. Clothes: I probably cannot maintain clothes well. Though, I buy them, laundry and line them up in closet. My sis is exceptional in that too. Its one experience living with her during that time when I was my lousy best:O
Particular features:
  • She arranged clothes in the closet as per their colors and types. When she got married and moved, she still came and did my laundry and here I used to make a call and ask "Tai, where is this dress of mine". She would say "Its in the fourth shelf and third from the bottom":O :O
  • Her clothes are always ironed for the entire week. She exactly knows what she is going to wear for the whole week. I am exactly opposite. I wear clothes according to my mood. Iron in exactly at that time

4.She could never go confront a guy when the rowdies used to come behind her, She used to take me to give them a good talking. I was pretty good at that. I could not stand other guys ogling at her like that!

5. She never cut her hair and when she did that after entering college, my dad did not talk to her for three days. I never grew my hair long. Even now, I have never grown my hair beyond shoulder length.

6. She loved wearing saree and I did not like wearing one until last year.

7. She came back home before evening and I would step out of home after evening.

I am kinda amazed at the bond all sister's share. Once someone told me, that amongst two sisters it usually is like a "Sita-Gita" match. and I think, we exactly fit that mould. So many differences that I can still add to that list, nevertheless, we still have so many common attributes.

Even now, the greatest joy I get is when people say that I resemble her.

Comments on "Friday the 13th"

 

Blogger Jagan said ... (4:59 PM) : 

13 is my lucky number too ..from school to coll , my roll no was always 13 :) ..since its lucky , it doesnt mean i did well in exams ..but i am happy got thru :)..neways , wish ur sis on my behalf .

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (8:35 PM) : 

I'm so similar to tai. I ron cloths righ after laundry. so all my clothes in my closet are ironed, and they are sperated by types.

Dress pants
dress shirts
jeans
casual shirts

I and tai will make good friends.

 

Blogger Keshi said ... (11:10 PM) : 

ur sis sounds like me...and u sound like my sis :) seriously!

Happy Bday to ur sweet SIS!

btw I dun like forgetting bdays too but sometimes it happens...and in no way does it mean u love that person any less...

Keshi.

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (11:19 PM) : 

Wish ur sis for her birthday. Btw, i was born on number 13 as well...so its kinda lucky to me too. And yes..u know why u are not particular as ur sis is...tell everybody that I am doing phd, have to reach deadlines....have to be in lab for 15hrs a day. Then may be u will feel better. Thats what I do ;)...i did it on MS and 8hrs of lab work...hehe :))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

Wish ur sis a gr8 b'day on my behalf too..

nice comparisions.. lotz of similarities we have ... sareewala part sodun haann..

i always felt the need of a sibling .. pan atta ya vayat aai-babana request karu shakat nahi :p

but it is also gud being the only child :)

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (2:17 AM) : 

me 10th !!!
yeay !! "me first! :P"-aunty ke blog pe main 10th !!
:P
poora post toh baad mein padh loonga..and err...not to sound oh-so-correct or anything,i think you meant 12:30 AM,not PM..not sure tho,might be the US-IST time difference too..at work...
happy birthday aunty didi ki didi !!
:P

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (6:25 AM) : 

Happy Birthday to ur Sis

When is urs ???

Does she own a blog ???
(if not then there is another difference ;-)
lolzzz

13 is lucky for a lot of people

Aamir Khan wore that t-shirt numbered 13 in the movie Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar and won the cycle race
ROFL...
that was bad logic :-)
woh to director ke hath main hain :-) lolzzzzz

Nice to know about u and ur sis...
am quite like you...
(shamelessly i can say a bit better ;-))
hehehee

chal ab...

take care
n have a great weekend

Cheers

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:24 AM) : 

#Jagan,
So what was lucky about 13?:P
#Viks,
Yep, I will "Acid"your wishes to her :P
Looks like you house is like "Satte pe Satta" are my sis can actually be a Hema and clean up the stuff:))

#Thanu,
:O
:O
:O
EMERGENCY SERVICE NEEDED IN OMAHA ASAP:O

#Keshi,
See, I mentioned na, out of the two one has to be like ME:)))

#Ujwal,
Yeah, I know 13 november:))
//And yes..u know why u are not particular as ur sis is...tell everybody that I am doing phd.//
Yeay yeay..I have got away with that for almost so many years:)) Have been using that excuse since my 10th std:))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Aunty..aunty..aunty...aunty...huhuhahahahahaha...alright enough of that. Umm happy birthday to your sister.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Yeah that's the thing about sisters. you hate 'em but love'em. Dont know where i would be without my big sister :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:09 PM) : 

#Suddep,

@sareewala part sodun haann..

Heheheheh..

@pan atta ya vayat aai-babana request karu shakat nahi
Double Hehehehehhe

Yeah! being alone is also good in many ways. Maybe you can throw light on that:))


#Ganga!
Yeay belated happy birthday now:)

#Prady,
WOW! I did not think you would be that organized! coz I remember reading something on your blog long time back saying..that only you know where your things are in your room:) Good to know something more about you:)

#Kinnu Uncle!!
Jyada aunti mat bol.tera is saal ka petname abhi tujhe bataya nahi hai:D

BTW, thanks for wishes :)

#Khush!!

Welcome:)
I think every sister post of mine brings new visitors:)
Please keep coming:)

#Prasad,
yeay they are steadfast. I know 4 other ppl born on this date!

#Poo,
Mine is 2nd july
I am not sure if my sister even knows what a blog means:)) THATS A BIG DIFFERENCE!
Glad you pointed that out!

U better than me:0
Ahem:
U reach work at 10:30-:45
I almost have my third coffee by then:))

U dont know what cooks in your kitchen until dinner time, I make my dinner:))))

Ale le Poo bear:))

#Freako!
Uncle Uncle please mat chidao:P

#Anon!
Oh no way!! YOU CAN NEVER HATE YOUR BIG SISTER, NO MATTER WHAT!
They are just adorable:)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (8:14 PM) : 

13 is my lucky number tooooooooo! :D

 

Blogger Jagan said ... (12:50 AM) : 

so wht was lucky ? i was lucky not to flunk in exams :)

 

Blogger Shriedhar said ... (4:49 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Shriedhar said ... (4:54 AM) : 

a nice n touchy-feely post.

Belated b'day vshes 2 ur sis :)

 

Blogger aria said ... (5:59 AM) : 

Friday the 13th - sounds really lucky! :)
Hope your sis had fun on her birthday.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:28 PM) : 

#Sash,
I know baby:)

#Jags,
Good one:))

#Shreedhar,
Welcome:)
Thanks da;)

#Aria!
She better:) I sent her a Taj Dutch Truffle cake which I have never tasted in my whole life:( and which she gets every year!!
Girlie, where are ya..no updates:((

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 AM) : 

This is very interesting site... hentia outside bondage Frames license lord of plate rings the Football field size Zyrtec carrollton ohio sleep apnea phentermine yard toys for kids Delhomme torn pants Teen slave orgy Bodybag bondage

 

So you were saying....