Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A New Day, New year and New Life

Guys, A Warm warm welcome in the New year 2006!


Another new year, another set of new experiences. 31st December 2005 was just like any other day. Frankly speaking, it dragged! For a change, I wanted to sleep early and was finding it hard to stay up for the clock to strike 12:00. Morning to evening was the same, going to the lab, working and coming back
Another new year, another set of new experiences.
31st December 2005 was just like any other day. Frankly speaking, it dragged!
For a change, I wanted to sleep early and was finding it hard to stay up for the clock to strike 12:00. Morning to evening was the same, going to the lab, working and coming back.
It hit me that its going to be the dawn of a new day of my PhD is when I wrote the cheque for my monthly rent when I was fumbling for the date!
I was like "Wow" let me go do something new, get some exciting result so that my upbeat mood continues well into the next year!
It worked! I am here with a new spirit and hoping this year brings me something new and something valuable for me to cherish for the rest of my life.
You know, how you get the gut-feeling for certain things, in life!
We went to watch the Firework show in ConAgra Foods in Downtown Omaha. Thousands of crackers lighting up the light! Blend of different colors. Different sizes..

Such as this--





This...




Ball of crackers with fragments representing the stars in the galaxy!






The Finale:



Then the Grand Finale: Dazzling, resplendant and bright!



You know, when your heart just misses a beat and you make a wish!

It was all about wishes, for now! let me wait and see how the year unfolds.

On the way, we planned to go watch "Ice sculptures". They are huge sculptures, obviously of ice and which are kept for display during the new year.

Actually, equipped with just this info, we set to check it out!

On the way, I asked the cop as to where it was.

Cop says: They are gone

Me: (confused and puzzled look)-Did they get stolen??:O

[OK! I can actually have the audacity to not spare a cop either]

Cop: They Melted, remember they are made of ice, and the weather being almost above 45 F for all of the week. They are gone!

Me: Oh! Ok..Have a great year:D

In fact, he gave me a real sweet smile without getting irritated on that asbsolutely stupid question!

Well, now I did not expect the sculptures to be at room temperature yaar! I thought , since they are so huge and probably a lot of effort has gone into making that, they would atleast store it a decent temeperature where their melting is not directly proportional to the temperature!

Now, I don't know with what logic they keep it open in the air!

Anyway, somethings never change and my sense of humor is one of the sorts!

Later, we went to a friend's place for a cosy dinner and a game of cards.

We wanted to open a bottle of champagne this year!

One of my friends uncorked a bottle, exactly at 12:00 and it did not open until 12:05 and maybe it frothed so much that it was everywhere on the walls, carpet and even on the fire extinguisher but in the bottle:O

Aah! some things just need technique!

So we enjoyed alcohol without getting drunk:D






Well, anyhow, with this post, I have to take a temporary break from blogging for 10 days!

Important endeveour that requires total dedication and 100% concentration.
Don't ask me what that is! Once it is done and depending on the outcome, I would write about it:)


Just wish me luck;) I am working on it, as if my life depends on it.








Comments on "A New Day, New year and New Life"

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (6:09 PM) : 

ROS - My best wishes are always with you :) I am sure the outcome will be good.

Happy New Year and Good Luck!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 PM) : 

Luck has been wished to you. The pictures of the fireworks are great...especially the ones with the branch in between..I think 1 and 2. It almost looks like you took the picture so that it looked like the spherical fireworks are like fruit on the tree.
Happy New Year to you!

 

Blogger virdi said ... (9:12 PM) : 

wakaw... someone had a great time... :-) I calld you when you werte about to open the bottle... :-)

happy new year... :-)

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (12:37 AM) : 

hey
Wishing you a very Happy n Prosperous new year...

May all ur dreams come true

Did they get stolen??:
lolzzzz
that was so sweet

some things just need technique!So we enjoyed alcohol without getting drunk
lolzzz ye
me too enjoyed w/0 gettin drunk
:-))

All the very best...
wishing u all the luck n success
:-)

Enjoy ur blog holidays :-)
n be back soon

 

Blogger Raj said ... (2:36 AM) : 

Good luck!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

happy new yr dids..dont have time to read ALL of this,. but catch ya later
bbye

 

Blogger Layfield said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Wish you a joyous new year.

For a second there, I thought the branch in the pics was part of the fireworks and I was like,"Wicked sick! How do they do that?"

 

Blogger Neha Sinha said ... (1:42 PM) : 

wish u all the very best ROS :)

luck is yours
wishes are mine
let your future
always shine

:D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

laughing @ "Did they get stolen?" Haha :-).

I love watching firecrackers light up the sky. That one pic with the sparkles around the branch is so beautiful :-).

ROS, All the Very Best...
Wish you a great beginning and success and smiles all the way!

 

Blogger radiohead said ... (5:35 AM) : 

happy new year . nice pics . and d champagne . u had a celebration haan . gr8 .

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (8:20 AM) : 

HNY to u...

seems like u did not sleep for a while coz the first para seems to be dragged.. ;)

all pics r gud but i luved the 2nd one more.. it looks like blossoms on tht branch.. :)

Did they get stolen?
lol.. someone took them home coz they were short of ice cubes for the alcohol :p

Wish u all the best in whtevr u r planning

 

Blogger Jagan said ... (10:08 AM) : 

all the best and happy new year ...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:55 AM) : 

#Bhole,
:) Thnks yaar..

#Freako,
Thank my friend, coz I insisted for her to take the pics, when I was busy sipping free hot chocolate:D

#Virdi,
Haaan, I know you did! waise, tujhe chodke mujhe Champagne nahi peena tha;)

#Ganga!
Thanks, Ganga!!Hope you had a great time at new yr!!

#Pooo,
If u read your comment, May all ur dreams come true and some things just need technique!So we enjoyed alcohol without getting drunk , in quick succession, it sounds like my dreams got stolen:))
Tht was a terrible joke!

Thanks buddy!! Pehle kaam khatam kartee hoon, fir hum dher saree baatein karenge:)

#Prad!
Thanks, bro:)

#Raj
:)

#Kiddo!!
I know!! never mind! Thanks for the kind wishes:)

#Chints!
Oye, Thank you yaar!!

#Jetru!
That would be too good to be true:P
Happy New year, buddy!

#Pandoraji!!
Oye ji, poetry shoetry!! Thanks yaar!!!
BTW. woh line autograph book mein dalne ke liye acchee hain! Abhi 10th ke baad you guys will write farewell messaeges na, tabhi:)

#Viks!
Thanks!! Hope you are doing fine now:)

#Hershey,
Yeay!thats my favourite pic too:)
The same wishes to you too, Hershey:)

#Baby Santa!
:) You had loads of fun too:)

#Sudeep!!
Hahahaha..I didnt have time to edit the post, thats why the drag:P

Waise, the ice wala joke would have been perfect for that time:)

You rock!!!

#Jagan,
Same to you yaar!! and ya Thanks for wishes:)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:21 PM) : 

//Did they get stolen??:O
Classic ROS.
Good Luck and I'm gonna miss ya.
Happy New Year

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Good luck for the important endeveour! Hope the outcome is favourable and you right about it! :)

Tinku

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

*write...eep!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Enjoyed a lot! All season performance tires Free buy meridia online information http://www.cadillac-cts-8.info/aston_martin_pic_v12.html Proactiv pregnancy eyeglass frames book cholesterol cook low cz engagement rings Land rover chrome wheels consumer reports on memory foam mattresses custom cabinets and plasma tv 1963 pontiac super duty

 

So you were saying....