Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The guy on the 4th floor

So as it is quite evident, I am kinda "vella"today.
I have tons of stuff to do, however when you see mounds of expts to do and some experiments have got ruined, you are not too elated to get on the driver's seat.

Secondly, I have fever and the best part is I did not know that:O

I dont even remember when was the last time, I ever had fever or flu:O Atelast, since I came to US.

My body aches and eyes hurt, but I assumed it was coz of the fact that I went skating the previous day, coz of which its just purely exertion.

So, I went to the Doctor for bodyache and he concluded it was fever:)

Man! I dont even have the enrgy to prepare a "buffer"

Thirdly, I realized I lost my Driver's license and I am kinda not worried about it. The cop cannot catch me as my "Princess" is sick:)) Also, the picture on the license is the worst pic, I have ever had:))

So here, I am listening to the song "Final Countdown" from and it takes me flashback into the 12th grade.

At that time, me and my friend Priyanka used to do "combined-studies" almost every day. Just when we were burning the candle at all possible ends, preparing for our "Board Exams" at her place in the balcony.

So now, why only the balcony?
Couple of reasons:

  • Coz she lived on the fourth floor and this was the view that we got from her balcony

Trains: That gave us company until the wee-hours of morning.

  • Secondly, coz of a "guy who lived on the same floor, but in the opposite building" and we could see his window from the other window in her house.

So, we never really "met or saw" that guy ever, in person.

The only thing we knew about him was "He was called "Pintya" [coz his mom always screamed at him by that name:D], he used to make tea for himself whenever we studied there, and his window was always closed.

&

This was the main reason for us to sit there "He used to whistle beautifully to the tune of "Final Countdown" totally in-sync and without taking a breath! I think he was singing to the tune of "Mere rang mein rangne wali" from the film "Maine Pyara Kiya" which is quite similar to the Final Countdown, maybe uthaoed from that:)

The way he whistled was absolutely adorable!

That apart!

But, isnt it amazing to see how different people have a knack of whistling to beautiful tunes. Such that, you are kinda mismerized with that tune and it haunts you for a long long time! Its been 10 years that I passed 12th grade, but everytime I see or listen to the songs of "MPK", I remember Pintya. Maybe, this was what tempted me to take a picture of a view from her balcony, this time when I visited her:)

The best part is he probably never knew we were fond of his tunes:)

Though, I dont know "How Pintya looked, talked, walked etc" neither of us ever wished he ever opens the window though:) I bet even Priyanka never saw him.

We just had a mental image of that person which was "He must be tall, skinny, a decent cook and probably quite romantic and shy":))

Dont really care if he indeed was that way.

Sometimes, you dont really need to have the windows rolled down to see whats outside!

Comments on "The guy on the 4th floor"

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (7:14 PM) : 

Me furrrssstttttttttt! :D

Pintya??? YIKES! What's with you and the 'ya' names! :O

But yeah, I think I had a guy like that too who lived in the house opp, and all I saw was the back of his head. Ah what silky straight hair... I never saw his face from close quarters, and never knew his name... but I remember the back of his head! Haha! :D

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:29 PM) : 

#Sash!!

Dahling..as you might have guessed.."That guys name was Pintoo":))

Wow! silky straight hair;) ab tak ganja ho gaya hoga=))
Poora figga kyun nahi dekha:p??

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (8:49 PM) : 

songs frm MPK is playin on my laptop as I read this.
strange

 

Blogger Jagan said ... (9:36 PM) : 

hey ..me too fever :) .. same pinchu ...

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (10:52 PM) : 

Viks,
Yeah, I've watched it! :D

//ab tak ganja ho gaya hoga=))

Image kyun kharaab karti hai re? I am sure ab tak toh woh bilkul achha khasa hunk ho gaya hoga! :D

 

Blogger virdi said ... (11:16 PM) : 

hey why dont u write a post about the guy who used to look at you everyday in the local train???

bolo bolo kuch toh bolo...

V..

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (12:19 AM) : 

PINTYAA !!????
yeh bombaywale bhi na !!
uff !!
:)

 

Blogger aria said ... (9:46 AM) : 

I'd sorta similar view - frm an apartment I grew up .. it wasn't a balcony - was a grilled veranda .. n we could also .. keep track of time - coz of the trains ..
Made me nostalgic :)

Pintya is sucha cute name .. lol ..
Enjoyable read - something we can all relate to .. childhood crushes ..et all ..
Nice one Rays ..
Lovely pic ..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:17 AM) : 

#Thanu!
Strange, indeed:D
:)

#Jagan,
What happened to your East coast plans? Are you feeling any better?? Mine is gone:)

#Viks!
Pray, NO:O

#Sash!
"Ho gaya hoga":O Baccha tha kya woh??

#Virdi!
Ok buddy..aap jis tan tag likhoge us din likhoongee:) Promise:)

#Ganga!
Invisible padosi:)
Of course, it is possible! Dint I just narrate the whole episode??:p
Yeah! me doing well:) Fever gone..yeayyy

#Kin"ya"
:D

#Aria!
Yeah..we can imagine Pintya to be a prankster:))
Glad you liked it!
Merry Christmas, buddy:)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (10:37 AM) : 

hey rays
pintya..??interesting..:D
so girlie u spent the combined studies dreaming up abt the guy who final countdown..;)
sweet blog..reminds me of my school days..
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:38 PM) : 

#Life mission:
Will you find Pintya for me:D
#Jeens!
Never needed to dream:) He was always around:))))
Cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Ooh. Mystery man. Mesmerizing tune. How romantic :-). You are right.....kabhi-kabhi mental pictures hee kaafi hain. We don't wanna spoil that. :-) Thanks for that pic you thought of taking. Btw, he still lived there when u visited last time? :-)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Ullu I was also a kid! I was probably thirteen, and was like sixteen or so.

 

Blogger PNA said ... (11:13 PM) : 

hey rays..morning ...
and merry christmas .....

it is quite amazing that ppl can whistle ...

and the photo even mine on my id is worst i have ever had .....

and it does not atter how a person looks ....we are padosans too ....invisible yet we hear us all

cheers n hugs***
Ash

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 AM) : 

u r quite hilarious didi...as always...take care of urself..get wel, and rock...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

Hi, landed here blog-hopping...nice post..Get well soon....read some others too..u write well..

 

Blogger Raj said ... (5:27 AM) : 

Why skinny?

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (4:40 PM) : 

#Hershey!
Hmm..I would think so. None of the ppl in that building have moved.

#Sash!
Are you were a kid, what about him:D?HAhahahahahhahahahaahha


#Ash!
Welcome!:)
Thats a cute and lively pic of you:)
Merry Christmas to you too:D
Keep visiting:)

#Kiddo Dear!
Make your presence felt baby:)
:)

#Incredulous,
Welcome!
Thanks for hopping by and hope you keep hopping, here:)

#Ganga!
Hmm..Remember we "were" nice little girls;)
Why would you call her Mean?:O

#Sheels!
Merry Christmas to you too:)
So, you travelling anywhere??

#Raj!
Hmm, interesting question! But, you know what he was a figment of our imagination:)

 

So you were saying....