Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Out of Office Reply:)

It was time to make a weekend call to Bombay yesterday.

Today I got my sister all for myself.

With Jeeju gone to Germany for 25 days, MIL gone for veggie shopping and
Aryan enjoying the weekend sleep. So, it was time for us to catch up with "things".

I have realized, off late my blogs have a more frequent mention of my sister! Donno why.

I have also noticed that though, I keep smiling oh-so-often, I haven't had a "Laugh" in quite some time now. I used to not be that way. There was a time, when I was told that if I continue laughing so loudly, my in laws would disown me. I donno what is it with girls and soft-talks and hushed smiles.

Today, my sister (Tai) got back that hidden laughter that was pent up within me. And for the first time in long time, I laughed "dil-se".

Alright, the incident that she narrated might not be especially funny, but it was to me.

It so happened that Tai, sent a stupid forward to my jeeju at his office email address and since he was away he had an "Office Auto Reply Message" turned on.

So she got an immediate automated reply saying "I will be in Germany from ABC to XYZ. Kindly contact Mr.XYZ at so and so number in case of urgency". [I know the exact sentence, coz even I had tried sending him a stupid fwd:))]

!!!

Now, my sister who completely ignored the "subject line" that said it was an "Out of Office AutoReply" just checked the body of the email, and also replied to him saying "Whats this? I think I know that u r in Germany, y did u send this mail to me?"

Later, when she realized her folly, she couldn't control her laughter and while narrating this to me, I could not contain it either. I think, jeeju has not checked his email yet:D

Just got me nostalgic and took me back to the time when I used to actually write down jokes that we discussed in college and go back home to open the "Joke-bag" to her. I would love to make her laugh. Even though, my jokes were mostly of the sardar levels!

But, yesterday I did narrate a
Vikram level joke to her:), which I had royally killed:D


Thanks, Tai for bringing back those times!!

Comments on "Out of Office Reply:)"

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:48 PM) : 

#Viks!
Duffer, I just elevated your level. I hope you know that your jokes are the "class kinds". Now, dont make me open my mouth by saying nice things about your jokes.
The joke that I was refering to was the "Fire Place and the Signal" one;)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (6:26 PM) : 

#Viks!
We like your jokes, Viks:D

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (6:32 PM) : 

Hahahaha!! Hey, Viks and I crack the best ones! Virdi cracks the popo types. And ROS kills all the jokes.

Muahahahaha! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Lol...ROS KILLS ALL THE JOKES...LOL

 

Blogger Princessse said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Since everyone is focused on the jokes and who tells the best jokes, I just thought I'd mention an aside ... A very touching post ROS!! :)

... I've always wished I had a sister...and the sweetest thing is that my brother grew up knowing that I had this feeling and so everytime he'd return home on a holiday, he would wake me up at some wee hour of the night and say, 'Come on princesse, let's have a chattie! ... just like the good ol' times' and I'd be like 'Errr... in the good old days, you used to take pleasure just bashin me up or makin fun of me...if it's those 'times' your referring to I'm not really up for it bro'... and he'd say 'nooooo, silly! seriously, let's talk...and catch up on everything that's happened.. let's ransack the kitchen, let's watch some old movie and laff our heads off!' ... and that would just make a me break out into a smile... that he would so often encourage these 'bonding' sessions and they always turned out to be full of humour and laughter!! :)

Thanks for bringing back sweet memories ROS :)...

p.s.sorry bout the post-length comment! :$

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:55 PM) : 

#Sash!

Hehhehehe..I am Jackie:p

#Freako!
Come on you are a "live"witness that I have a greatttt sense of humor:)

#Princie,

Oh! thats so sweet and dont mind the long comment. Like I said, the world wide web has loads of space:)

Must be nice to be a elder sis,I missed out on that:( Wonder what older sisters think:O (One post is due on that)

Nice of you to share this experience:)

P.S Hershey, where are you?? Long time no see??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 PM) : 

True...you do have a good sense of humor...I stand corrected!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:56 PM) : 

#Freako,

Hahaha, you dont HAVE to say so:O I mean no harm to others:)

#Ganga!
Oh I am sorry! I assumed everyone around here have been on my blog for a while now. Jeeju means (brother-in-law) and Aryan is my sister's three year old child:) BTW, if you click on "Aryan", you could read a post that I had written on him not so long ago:)

 

Blogger Raj said ... (11:26 PM) : 

Funny.

A friend of mine once got a stupid mail from his boss and he thought he'd forward it to his friend alongwith his comments but he hit "reply" instead of "forward" and sent it to his boss. Thankfully, his boss's secretary read the mails first so he didnt lose his job.

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (12:51 AM) : 

"vikram-level joke"...hahahaha...
seriously maga..good brand-building huh...
=))

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (4:51 AM) : 

arre vikram level joke hame bhi to sunao!!!

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (4:58 AM) : 

lolzzz that was so funny
;-)

if I continue laughing so loudly, my in laws would disown me
really... are u that bad ;-)
kidding

So sweet post re....
njoy laughing :-)

Cheers

 

Blogger virdi said ... (5:40 AM) : 

hehehehe... sisters are so cool.. specially the elder sisters...

i used to make my elder cousin work so much for me... :-)

didi paani... didi food... didi books... didi shoe polish... didi clothes ironing... didi this, didi that... she would do anything and everything for me so easily... never complain... :-)

V..

 

Blogger pingoo said ... (10:12 AM) : 

That was indeed funny :).

Is mauke per PJ Pingoo ke taraf se ek chota PJ

Q.What could one think of when you talk of didi and comedy together ?

A.Didi's comedy show !

Ok, please don't strangle yourself :p there was indeed a show by that name. I am not sure if you've seen it...but its such a laugh riot !! I don't remember if it was on National or Regional Television :|. Yeh "Vikram level" jokes kya hai, ek yahan bhi sunaiye aur hum sab ko hansne ka mauka deejiye :).

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (11:44 AM) : 

When didi and I talk, its mainly laughter and then little talk. I'll be seeing her for c'mas so excited...

 

Blogger RP said ... (12:01 PM) : 

RoS
True. Until we meet up somebody from our college/close relatives/school we hardly laugh our gut out. How our corporate lives has actually spoilt our un-inhibited living?

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Raj,

Welcome to my “Life”.

Wow! That was close:O Even I have committed such blunders. That’s why I never email personal emails from my university email address

#Kini
Viks is a sweetheart! Nice image he has atleast in the joke department:D

#Viks

Hhahaha..seedha saadha like a “Jalebi”O
Sheesh! Khud ko lucky samajh that you were in my conversation with my didi
BTW, what is “Maga”

#Z kid,
Vik ko uske upar ek post likhne ko bol:p

#Pooooo,
I “was”that bad!
:)
:)

#Virdi!
If you were my brother, I will take one big danda and hit it on your head.
Itna naatak mein nahi sahan kar saktee:p
Waah kya tevar hain..teree shishter great hai:)

#Pingo
Welcome to my “Life”.
I have heard of Didi’s comedy show, dekha bhi hai..it was on DD, ages ago!
Over to Vikram!

#Thanu,
Great! You will be able to catch up with her:) I miss my didi:(

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:05 PM) : 

#RP
Missed your comment yar!
Exactly my point. Well said!

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (12:31 PM) : 

ros!
what does jackie for u mean ??

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:47 PM) : 

#Z

Oh no not again:(
Jackie for me, means..sexy and funny:))
P.S:- Others might have their own judgement:p

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (6:31 PM) : 

:o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 AM) : 

Best regards from NY! tadalafil svenska Bell and howell 8mm projector Photo of a scrabble board Car dvd player combo with monitor cincinatti microwave radar detector Plastic surgery chicago implants san francisco facelift 14 nike shoes size soccer automobile insurance replacement Butalbital acetaminophen caffeine and codeine

 

So you were saying....