Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 05, 2005

A winner in some ways

Everyone of us, have "won" something in their life time.
For some it might be a gold medal that they won at an exam, for some it might be a pricey dress, shoes or some values. For someone it might be someones heart that they have won. I might not have won a lot of things worth narrating, but ...
I am a winner, each time, when--
  • I dont let my insecurities get the better of me
  • I be my own self without letting any person affect my persona
  • I maintain my dignity and not let anyone trample on me
  • I remember people for the impressions that they have left behind and not what they have done, or whether they are with me now.
  • I skid each time, I drive on snow and am able to steer myself out of the storm
  • I meet a new person with an open mind and keeping in mind that he/she might not be permanent
  • I remember people who are no more companions in this journey, fondly. When I don't tear away the greeting cards or photos, that were treasured possessions. When, I choose to keep sweet memories in a seperate closet from the not-so-sweet memories.
  • I admit my fears and apprehensions to a loved one and do not consider crying to be a job of the weak hearts
  • I refuse to take everything thats served on my platter and prefer to serve myself
  • I refuse to look at the world with rose-colored glasses and accept the reality, no matter how harsh, and manage to move on
  • I confess

So, guys..are you winners too??

Comments on "A winner in some ways"

 

Blogger Jeremy said ... (11:06 PM) : 

Yes, I am a "winner."

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (11:59 PM) : 

/* I refuse to take everything thats served on my platter and prefer to serve myself */
sahi baat..bilkul sahi baat boli..ley,you just graduated from "item" to "phigure" in my list of people !
:)

 

Blogger virdi said ... (12:58 AM) : 

oye yeh winner wunner bol ke don't ask us to think too much...

meri akal woh kheet mein ghaas charne gayi hai...

 

Blogger virdi said ... (12:58 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (1:23 AM) : 

wow... great post..

I meet a new person with an open mind and keeping in mind that he/she might not be permanent
Well thought n Well said...

yes as u urself said... everyone has won something in their life...
so it makes all of us winner...

but I do believe that no win is ever final... nor is any loss

Have a great day
Cheers

 

Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said ... (1:30 AM) : 

I remember people for the impressions that they have left behind
I want to have this in me....
I cant forgive people, no matter how good they have done to me in past...I suck!!

I refuse to look at the world with rose-colored glasses and accept the reality, no matter how harsh, and manage to move on
I BOW THEEE.....seriously!!

And I think you are a WINNER...

Dont ask anything about me...coz I'm to embarrased to reply back here ;)

 

Blogger Princessse said ... (7:26 AM) : 

A beautiful focus on the positives of life :)... and of your personality... YUP, I'm a winner! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 AM) : 

Wow that was really inspiring....I'm glad i came across your blog on a bad day :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Yes......I have always believed that there are no "losers" in life. I don't like the word loser. We are all definite winners, even if we don't realize it or believe it. We are all trying....; We all want to be winners in our own way..

Lovely post ROS. Loved all those points.

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I'm a bad semi-winner.

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I'm a bad semi-winner.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:14 AM) : 

#Itstjoint,

Welcome!
Thats great:)

#Kini,
"Item"Ewwww...man! all those models from DJ Doll are coming in front of my eyes:O
BTW, what exactly is your definition of "Item" and "Phigure";)

BTW, thank you:)

#Virdi,
Jyada khayega to mota ho jaayega. Itneee der se char raha hai kya:p

#Puneet,
No win is ever final nor is any loss, but is at everlasting one?:)

Thanks buddy:)

#Arzoon,
I guess, each one for his own. But, I do think holding grudges, only gives rise to an unhealthy mind. Get angry and then get over it. USually, people are not worth all the resultant emotional turmoil:)

Jyada jhukna mat..peeth toot jayeege. Nahi re! Reality is reality, no matter whether it is dressed in laces and pinks or in black:)

#Princie,
:)
Thans girlie!
BTW, did you get my email?

#Anon,
Wow! that certainly goes a long way. I am glad it came on a gloomy day!
Keep visting:)

#Ganga,
No re, I am on the grounds not up in the sky:) You can reach me!

#Hershey,
Yep! we are winners all the way!!

#Czar Bhaiyya!
Nahi yaar! Biography to budhape ka kaam hai. Right now, only papers and thesis:)
Spiritual guru..Lozz!
Imagine me in "Uma Bharti" avatar:))
BTW, Goa ke liye packing ho gayee?:)

#Z kid,
What is that??

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Very deep post. Very tru, we all are a winner one way or other.

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (12:51 PM) : 

hey ros sweetie
a well written blog
song for the occasion
"we are the champions.."-queen
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:31 PM) : 

#Thanu!
:)

#Jeens!

I have figured out, that a post written by me, in flas 10-15 mins, has always been from deep within:D

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (7:35 PM) : 

ROS - Yes i am a winner cause..

We’ll be singing
When we’re winning
We’ll be singing

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You’re never going to
Keep me down

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (11:34 PM) : 

arre yaar... tu bahut tuff Q. poochti hai re!

 

Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Get angry and then get over it.
I have this very big problem...I just cant forget wht happend...I carry that anger for a long time :(

I need to change this na ??

 

So you were saying....