Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 01, 2005

20 and still not done..

So, this time I have been tagged by Vi to write 20 more things about me!
OK, now for the real post.For those who did not know me earlier and who still don't know me, can read Me, Myself in my own words! post where I had some trivial details about myself. Of course, if you care to:)

So, here I go, yet again the process of self-evaluation begins
.
1.Like Mom like Daughter:
1. I never wanted to be like someone. I love being myself. But, there is one person, I find myself trying to match up with.
My Mom -At a subconsious level, I always wanted to be like her and I am getting there. While growing up, I wanted to look beautiful like her, wanted to have long dark hair like her, wanted to be modest like her and now when I have grown up (I think), I want to be able to cook like her.
2.I love lively homes and peaceful lives:
Home means a place full of love, plenty of pampering and hugging. A kitchen where food is cooking or the coffee is brewing. And there is music going on.
I get queasy amidst arguments and quarrel. A little bit of healthy bantering is more than welcome, but I cannot stand to live amongst people who raise a fight for no apparent reason.
3. My inability to say NO:
Often times, I find myself in a position wherein I cannot just say NO. Its not a very good quality and I realize that. If there is someone who asks me for a favor, I cannot refuse him/her. I quickly yield and sometimes go out of my way to fulfill that.
4. Ice-ice baby
I prefer warm food over cold. I prefer hot beverages over cold soda. A warm shower is more relaxing than a cold bath. Warm hearts that can feel are more desirable than cold insensitive hearts.
5. A complete Water-Baby:
Water is very soothing to me (typical cancerian trait). Go absolutely gaga over beaches and water fall but totally skeptical to go in the middle of sea or ocean. Deep waters threaten to swallow me.
6. Love designing homes:
A domestic kind of person who loves decorating her house. Likes the idea of framing pictures, adorning homes with plants and wall-hangings. A house for me, is about free expressions and not about making impressions [Adapted from movie, Yours Mine &Ours].
7.Oh those Chiffon sarees:
Want to be able to carry off a chiffon saree one day. Remember the one where Madhuri Dixit is wearing a blue colored saree in freezing cold temperature (in Pukaar). Ah! Sarees are awesome and chiffon sarees give that thing to a woman's personality.
8.I love working behind the scenes:
I can organize and event and love event managment, but I cannot be in limelight. I cannot be on the stage (except for recieving an award). Have a stage-fright.
9. Hates reptiles:
I dislike crawling creatures. Sorry Nandu, I know you won't like it:p
But, lizards and snakes are absolute No no. They give me the creeps.
10.Greeting cards:
I think cards say it all. I love making my own greeting cards. Since, I do not get the time, I prefer buying one. But, I take my own time, to look for the card just so apt for a person whom I am intending to buy it for.
11. Art:
I know to make artificial flowers, have learnt embossing and gravering. Have done fabric painting and embroidery. Sad part is, I haven't done any of these in more than 5 years and quite likely have forgotten it:(
12. Unlike my name:
I cannot write poems. I just cannot. Thats why, I think my given name doesn't suit me. I am in absolute awe of people who express themselves poetically. Robert Frost, remains my favourite poet and amongst bloggers, I think Princesse and Phoenix can really write well. I am sure, they don't need my acknowledgment.
13. Travelling and reading:
Love to be in midst of people who are well-read and well-travelled.
People who are well read, always make interesting conversation & people who are well-travelled always have interesting experiences to share.
14. OCD
I have obsessive-compulsive-disorder (OCD)!!!! for keeping my sink clean. I hate vessels being left in the sink overnight. They should either be washed and kept away or should be kept in the dish-washer. I keep cleaning the kitchen sink area everytime. I also have OCD for vaccuming my carpet. I cannot stand hair strands stuck into the carpet and make every attempt to remove it, the moment I realize it. I have a checking behavior also. I keep checking my car whether the headlights are off, whether my door is locked, whether my iron is plugged off, whether my stove top is switched off and whether my door is locked. Phew! I am highly disordered:))
15. Creases:
I never wear unironed clothes. For some wierd reason, I always iron my jeans as well.
16. Modesty is a rare virtue:
These days, where the world is fiercely competetitive, I think modesty is long disappeared from our lives. I personally think, and have experienced that even though people might not have anything to brag about, they do. I have met very few succesful people who are humble and modest.
17. Intuition:
I consider myself to be very intuitive. Maybe all girls are. But, I have a very strong intuitive power. I can judge a persons mood and his state of mind with his/ her voice and the way he writes.
18. Hospitals make me sick
There is something about hospitals. I do not like the feeling of being there. Would not want to elaborate further on this.
19. Fault finders:
I abhor people who find fault with everything you do. If it not your clothes, its the way you look. If its not your look, its the way you cook. In short, fault finders find fault even where non exist. The revel in the ego boost they get out of ridiculing people. Of all the people, I can't stand people, who find fault with the food that someone cooks. Considering the fact that, you take so much pains in making the dish and it might happen that something might be amiss. If you can't appreciate the efforts, you don't have any right to condemn, unless you are the one who made it.
20. Expressions:
Last but not the least, love people who are expressive. People who can express themselves in a way or the other. Art, music, drama or mere gestures. I am not comfortable in midst of people who are sly and who have flat facial expressions.

Wow, am done. Can't believe, I am made of so much that I have so far written 70 things about myself.Hahahahha. Must say, enjoyed writing this.Thank you, Vi.

Now, to pass on the honors:

I think, I more or less "know" my blog friends here, through their blogs. So would like to tag people who have recently become my friends. Would love it, if they oblige:)

They are:

Princesse

&

Gangadhar

Comments on "20 and still not done.."

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (4:47 PM) : 

somehow reading the whole thing..one song came to my mind..

"Kya ada ka jalwein tere Paro..dil ke tukde ho gayein hazzaron"...

excellent job..

 

Blogger vi said ... (5:25 PM) : 

ROS,
Very well written, seem to have quite a few things in common...hate hospitals, hate snakes, uncomfortable around sly people....
Nice to meet you again and to have you as a blog buddy...:)

vi

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (6:05 PM) : 

People say I'm like my mom too (looks wise). I wish I cud cook like her.

Only warm thing are considered as food to me (exception ice-cream). I dunno how people can eat cold sandwiches.

I iron jeans too - people call this high maintenance.

I pass out every time I visit hospital, but was brave during my this trip to Atlanta.

-thanu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (6:23 PM) : 

Yeayyyyyy.My blog is repaired!!!

#Nandu,
waah waah, hum dhanya ho gaye:) lekin tukde yahan mat bikhra..mein yahan vaccum cleaner use nahi kar saktee:p

P.S-Thank you:)

#Vi,
Thanks dear..even I am glad to know, we have lotsa things in common. Now, together we can send Nandu's "Subbu" somewhere:p

#Thanu,
Hmmm..You DO look a lot like your sis..:)
Chalo, glad to meet someone else who irons jeans:))

Sweetheart, I know its the nauseated feeling that you get in hospitals, but you can't escape that, right? I am glad you handled it well:)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:00 PM) : 

#Viks,
Thank you! Chalo good to see a changing you. You have started complementing my posts.Phew!

Aur rahee baat shaadi karneki..tujhe to pata hi hai, mera swayamvar hoga..amongst all the suitors:p
Each of em have to tell one good quality about themselves and then only I will choose:DHow s the deal;)

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (8:25 PM) : 

I iron my clothes too except for Jeans. Used to iron Jeans once upon a time, but not anymore. :)

Agar svayamwar rakh rahi hoo to koi challenging task to rakho....just asking them about a quality doesn't sound interesting and fun. Zara hatke hone chaheeyee ;)

Good One :)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (8:55 PM) : 

once I went to meet some one in the hospital and I woke up in a bed next to them.

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (9:09 PM) : 

Spot on abt the chiffon saris and lizards, baby girl! :)

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (10:19 PM) : 

you have OCD..pehle batana tha na....you would have help me vacuuming the carpet..and cleaning out...

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (10:49 PM) : 

Hey ROS,

Very nice posts missing them...
//My inability to say NO-
Vik ki deal ko NO kahi diya thune!!!
//Ah! Sarees are awesome
Yeah! revealing, yet concealing...Oops sorry.
Very good @ OCD.
Your Previous post:Someone comes flying through distances..

Awe @ ur flavour
Lol @ ur sunflower

 

Blogger Sudarshan said ... (10:56 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Sudarshan said ... (10:57 PM) : 

hey thats very well written!! Great post!!But ironing jeans is a bit funny lol Thanks for dropping in, please keep coming back!!

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (12:03 AM) : 

:O
HUH !! WHY MEE !!!!??
ay item..sun na yaar..peaceful,lazy,old man begging you yaar...chod na..kya kar logi mere baare mein jaane ke...
On a more serious note,Honoured to be on the list...but i dont think i'll be able to do much justice to it..lotta things that i'm still discovering about myself..Wil inform when done and post them...
:)

PS:sorry..dont mind..no offence..

PPS:
/*I love working behind the scenes
Ice-ice baby
Hospitals make me sick */
Baap re ! fit hai !! bole toh,same to same ho gaya !!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:04 AM) : 

#Bhole,
Nahi re. I know I am not a Sita nahi inme se koi Ram:)
P.S-Thank you:)

#Thanu,
//once I went to meet some one in the hospital and I woke up in a bed next to them///

WHAT?????Did you faint??
Are baby hoga to kya karogee:D?

#Sash,
What?This time only two things in common??;)

#Parth,
Welcome back. I thought you were officially deported:p
Glad you are here:)
Are, I tell stuff only later on. BTW, guys I clean only MY vaccum. I have an OCD only for MY stuff:))

#Rik,
Are Riskha..I missed you only my blog too. Hope your exams are going well. Good luck:)
Are, you have to say NO to something. Especially in case of shaadi. if you say yes to everyone, I will be in jail, chakki pisseng and pisseeng:))

Oye, you are just 21:O
Concentrate on studies more and less on sarees:p

#Sudarshan
Welcome to my"Life":)
Yeah, its funny, but I just do it coz I am compelled into doing that:)
Keep posting and I shall keep visiting:)

#Ganga,
yep, even I wear a saree twice a year. Diwali and Ganpati. The rarity itself makes it more appealing, dont you think so?:)
Gald to know, we have lots of things in common. Hopefully, when I have a son (in future), he won't make me wake up at 6:00 AM:))

 

Blogger virdi said ... (12:08 AM) : 

kini beta tu daldal mein fasta jaa raha hai... beta bach ke rehna... ;-)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:20 AM) : 

Yes I fainted, I don't remember anything, other than waking up on a bed. I dunno what I'm gonna do when I'm gonna have a baby. I guess we will just ahve to wait and see.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:52 AM) : 

#Kini,

Ok, never mind.

If you do it, do it with your whole heart otherwise there is no point in doing it.Thanks for being honest.

Waise, kisike baare mein jaanke kya karna hai? Apnee apnee baat hai, but then apne baare mien bhi kitna jaaante ho?

#Virdi,
Kini is out of the "daldal". Thanks for being considerate about your friend.

#Thanu,
Hmm. that surely is interesting. Koi baat nahi, when you have a baby you will develop endurance:)

#Ganga,
Thanks back to you:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 AM) : 

First Time here
very well written...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:02 AM) : 

#Koi pahailee,

Wow, thats a nice name:) Very interesting handle!

"Welcome to my "Life"
Glad you liked it. Keep coming!

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (1:07 AM) : 

yaar
whenevr i read somethin like this from u, i dunno y, but i always feel you are so typical a girl. (dont worry , thats not demeaning u)
good to know more about u though...
esp chiffon saarees and OCD!...lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 AM) : 

Wow ROS, loved this. I would have loved to comment on each one of your entries...but agar woh karoon, toh yeh comment hee ke lambi post ho jaayegi :-))

But will touch on what comes to mind. It's great to have a sharp intuitive power. I think I lack that, lol, because I sometimes have a lot of different voices speaking from inside me :-)). I just haven't cracked that code
:-).

And ROS, u know, I feel poetry is all about expressing yourself. It can be expressed in various forms. Your posts could read like poetry. A beautifully expressed sentiment or observation of yours could be like poetry. Even mannerisms and expressions, could be poetry figuratively speaking...

So, don't think you don't suit your name. You very well do, in ways you might not know :-).

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:36 AM) : 

#Z kid,
Ab kya karen, I am a girl, I have those genes, can't help it. I call it god given gift, to be a girl. My next post is about babies:)) was waiting to write than one for a long time now:p

#Hershey,
Now, you must seriously get a blog yaar! See, you have to contain your thoughts.BTW, I would have loved to have your views on each of those 20 points. Space is not a concern. This is my Winchester Castle. I have so many rooms, which even I am not aware of. So write away:)

No, girlie you do possess one and like me you are not aware of it. Think, it comes only for people who matter to you:)

Ya,so what, if I dont write a sonnet or pen down few verses, there is flow in my thought and I am glad you gave a direction to that flow.

Really nice analysis.

P.S-Are you sleepless in Dallas, like me who is always sleepless in Omaha?:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 AM) : 

Hello Queen of the Castle :-). Haan yaar, main bhi thodi sleepless hoon. Is restless soul ko samjhana hai, ke time ho gaya hai, so jao :-).

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:12 AM) : 

#Hershey,
Welcome to the insomniac club. I am keeping myself up with "Earl Grey tea".Ever tried that?Its awesome:)

BTW, you must be a Grad student too? and my guess Dallas is also correct right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 AM) : 

Tried that once. Yeah, it's nice! :-) I love tea. Agar tea peeyegi toh neend kaise aayegi re?? :-) Waise, I am constantly drinking or munching something too b4 sleep :-)).

Oh, and I thought I had mentioned I am in Dallas. Wow, great guess! (Man! Intuitive powers working in full capacity :-) And yeah, grad student & except for my Comprehensives in Feb, all done :-).

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:40 AM) : 

#Hershey,

You told me Texas, it has to be Dallas, Houston or Austin:)

Yep, Intuition works for people who matter:)

Are sipping tea so that I may not fall asleep.

Wow! done with??PhD???? Sahi hai boss..Too good..All the best for Comps:)

BTW, I had applied to UTD;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 AM) : 

Oh...working on something ROS? Paper pe kaam kar rahi ho kya..

Nahi, Masters, not Phd :-).
You applied to UTD. Wow! For? And when do you graduate ROS?

Thanks for the wishes. I truly need it. I have been so lazy. Theek se nahi padh rahi.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:00 AM) : 

Hey Hershey,

Thanks for giving me company. I have been disturbed the whole day too. Paper ka kaam kar rahee hoon, but getting distracted to the core.

Sleeping seems like a sin, staying up is getting difficult, especially when paper is acting like a sedative.

Plus, tommorrow is friday. And you are very well aware how much I hate fridays:(

UTD, mein applied to Mol bio.Thank god did not get in.

I visited Dallas, in May..my cousin lives there.

You are MS in??
So, how long are you planning to stay up??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 AM) : 

Oh, don't worry ROS, u will complete everything. Haan, it's a lot of effort I know. Not easy yaar. Needs good concentration. Try to get rest, however it feels. The body needs it.

MS in Psych! Haha.
Oh, your cuz lives here is it? Cool! I wont be surprised if they live in the same complex or area as mine. Lotsa indians here.
Planning to go to bed in a little while ROS.

 

Blogger virdi said ... (3:14 AM) : 

bach gaya beta tu... phew!!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:25 AM) : 

Hershey,

Wonder how we form connections!
Psych is cool. For two reasons. We have something in common..the brain..even my research area focuses on brain. Now, I know why we are up when entire US is ready for breakfast:)
Secondly, my sister is a Psych major too:)
You know, Freako is also a Psych grad student (I am sure freako, wont mind my disclosing it:) and you will find plenty of research subjects here:)) Chalo, I will sleep now. Will open the mailbox tomm. Today's day gone..Maybe it was meant to be that way!

Wish, only if I could have had your email id, we could have chatted a lot:)

Nevermind, many people know a lot about you now:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

Haan, we sure do have stuff in common :-).

Let me shoot off an email to you ROS. We can chat there sometime :-).

And Goodnight!
SweetDreams dear.
Wake up refreshed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 AM) : 

Haan, we sure do have stuff in common :-).

Let me shoot off an email to you ROS. We can chat there sometime :-).

And Goodnight!
SweetDreams dear.
Wake up refreshed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 AM) : 

Popo beta......hi!
:-))

Virdi, waise tumhe chidhane mein maza aata hai :-)

Chalo, me signing off for the day too.

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (3:43 AM) : 

hey
great to know about you...

My inability to say NO
earlier I too had this...bt gradually i'm learning to be polite n say no ;-)


Love designing homes
wow thats so cool

I have so far written 70 things about myself.
where are the other 50 ???

nice one
Take care

Cheers

PS: I read n replied to ur post on long distance lovers :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 AM) : 

ROS, mujhe tumhara e-mail link nahi mil raha....

Let me know.

 

Blogger RP said ... (5:22 AM) : 

ROS
Your link to the previous post is not working. :-X
6. Love designing homes
Will ye design mine? Dont be silly, ofcourse for free.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:19 AM) : 

#Hershey baby,

My email id is: sunandshine@gmail.com

#Puneet,

Nice to have you back. Learning to say NO, haan re pata nahi mujhe bhi kya kya sikhna hoga:(

Are, first of all let me admit, I tried playing a little bit with HTML links. It got messed up:(
Lagta hai, I should get the book HTML for Dummies:))

BTW, here is more about me:

http://starsandsun.blogspot.com/2005/10/memyself-in-my-own-words.html

Are, mein check karke reply kartee hoon, on long distance lovers:)

Chalo good night:)

#RP,
Are, I design home cheap me. Believe me my home does not have any expensive stuff:O
Give me cards, pictures., plants, shrubs and lights and I will make a "Mahal"for you:)
BTW, here is the link:

http://starsandsun.blogspot.com/2005/10/memyself-in-my-own-words.html

 

Blogger aria said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Rays .. wonderful read ..
I can barely open my eyes .. came bck home at 10pm .. too much work .. still couldn't resist commenting .. :)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (2:18 PM) : 

hey rays
nice blog girlie
i totally identify with decorating homes and obessive cleaning :D
well waiting for the next instalment of 20 :)
cheers
jeenu
ps i have posted the part 5 :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:46 PM) : 

#Aria,
Are,yaar blog bhi yaheen hai aur mein bhi. Aaram karo and come up with a bada comment:)Are girl, thanks for considering my post worth your sleep:)

#Jeens!
Hahah..next 20..have to rake my brains for that:D
BTW, I have to refresh my memory for Nilay days 1-4 and then will hop by NIlay 5:)
This time, I have not read the comments, so will give u an unbiased view:D
BTW, me not having lab meeting until next year.
Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

Got it ROS :-).

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (2:10 AM) : 

Hey...
I read ur 50 facts... so cool...
but still couldnt figure out ur name ;-)

some of our likes matches like...
nariman point n bandstand, pehla nasha and notthing gonna change..., freedom with responsibilty, .... n on

it was great reading ... n now I'm wearing a black t shrit n faded blue jeans ;-) lolzzz

take care
njoy

cheers

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:34 AM) : 

#Puneet Man,

Cool that you are wearing blue jean and black T..Cho chweet;)

Haan yaar, I miss those days at bandstand and Marine Drive yaar:( Even if i see lakes here, its "anjaana".

Are, har aashiq ko "Pehla nasha" hamesha accha lagta hai;)fir chahe woh pehla ho ya doosra:)

Glad yaar, itnee mehnat se you read it:)

#CZar,

Bhai, you are never too late. This post would have been incomplete without you reading it:)
Exam kaisee rahee??

Open book to hoon. Maybe, exerpts from my book, can serve as a guiding star for someone in la la land:)

Hehhe..so sweet yaar. No words for this sentence of yours.

This is me, unleashed:)

 

Blogger RP said ... (4:45 AM) : 

This is interesting. So, few shrubs & plants & u promise a kool 'mahal'. 5n. So, who is constructed my house?

 

Blogger Princessse said ... (1:37 AM) : 

Heyyyy sunshine!! This was an amazing-20-all-about-you post! Thanks for taggin me!!! Normally, I woulda frowned at the thought of being tagged but you asked so sweetly that I cannot resist!! I shall get to it soon - and thanks so much for the honour :)

 

So you were saying....