Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 21, 2005

To my girlfriends..


\
Well, we all do have "friends" which symbolizes a term irrespective of the gender. There are guy friends and then there are girlfriends. So here's to all the girlfriends in my life. Girls you ROCK!
*************************************************************************************************
1. She will always care for you. When you are sick, she will make sure you are eating well and will take you to a doctor.
2. She will give you a piece of her mind, when the need comes.
3. She will drive you around, if you don't want to drive. She will go grocery shopping with you and wont crib, if you take your time in making a choice between Oatmeal Cereal or Banana-nut-crunch.
4. She will go sweater shopping with you. Wont complain if you do a million dress rehearsels and drive the life out of her, while asking her to give her honest opinion if pink looks good or green.
5. She has loads of patience to listen to the same story, even if you tell her for the third time. [This happened with me today, when I was with Jas and I was telling her what amazing palak-paneer my sister had made when I reached Mumbai. She then told me, that I had told that her that for the third time and each time, that I tell her, there is some novelty in my expression]
6. If you are fat, she will tell you that. If you are putting on weight at the wrong places, she will tell you that. She won't give you an impression, that you are slim and trim, just to please you.
7. She will listen to all that you tell her but won't give you advice. Coz she knows at times, all you want is someone to listen. Not someone who would give her a lecture.
8. She will listen to your sob-stories. If a guy has hurt you, she will help you see the brighter side of it and if the guy has done something typically-guyish...she will sit with you and give him 1000 galis along with you:D
9. She will watch DDLJ and Dil to Pagal Hai with you. She will not call you an emotional nerd if you cry for the zillionth time. She wont call you a loser, if you refuse to watch "Gadar" and "War of the Worlds".
10. Even if you meet her for the first time, she won't ask you questions whether you are into basketball or football.
11. She won't be scared, if she sees you wearing that fruit or mud mask on your face.
12. You can hug her, touch her without thinking what she would be thinking. You can dance, wear whatever you want and feel your unrestrained self.
13. She won't mind if you wear tight clothes or short clothes. She will find something to compliment you on.
14. She won't mind coming and spending the night with you, if you are scared.
15. She wont consider an intrusion on her privacy, if you call her for the 4th time in row. She won't cut the phone saying.."Go get a life"
Well, these are things that I have come up with. Any additions are welcome:D
In the end..."Boyfriends come and go but girlfriends are forever"

Comments on "To my girlfriends.."

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (3:03 AM) : 

**applause**
Lovely posts..
girlfrnds though a little rare thses days are amazing..simply amazing
i pity such few ppl understand female bonding
but it's just amazing!

 

Blogger aria said ... (7:52 AM) : 

Good post Rays :)

But somehow my best friend (n the only one!) for past 8 years has been a guy n he has all these traits! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:28 AM) : 

just toooooo good... guys are already learning a lot from ur post... :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Hey Guys!!
Thanks all...am a bit busy so will respond later:o

BTW, are you able to see the links on the right side of my blog page??

I can't see any thing here except my posts:((

Some techie help me out yaar!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

GREAT post ROS. Loved it. Girlfriends are special. Just comforting.

I was laughing when I read the part of deciding between two cereals at the store....hahaha :-)
Also, deciding between two equally good looking colors in clothes. Gosh, I certainly take my time! :-) I tire my own self!

And your friends observation, that everytime you tell that story you have a different expression, was very interesting :-) Perceptive friend! :-)

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Ros!!

Thats simply superb. This post makes me feel that u r sweeeet enough to hav such gud frenz. Keep it up!!

Well, apart from that, frenz are forever regardless the gender..am I correct???

Bye...

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (1:13 PM) : 

hey girlie
nice post..liked the part about giving galiyan to guys..hehehehe
just did that with a friend of mine :D
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:14 PM) : 

#Kiddo!

Thanks gurl..I hear ya! Well, I have a bucket full of girl friends, actually..they are not a rare breed re:)

#Czar,

Ankhen to khulee hai dost, sirf chashma uth gaya hai:)

Guys are attached too, but in different ways, as mentioned by Viks:)

Sirf read karne se kuch nahi hota, implement karneka hota hai:D

Thanks bro:)Glad you liked it.

# Sheels,

Yeah, thats my favourite too..Thanks..


#Aria,
Ya re..I dont say that guys dont make best friends. In fact I am the only girl in a group of 4 guys:) For understanding a woman, you need to step into her shoes, most guys fail to realize that. Glad that a friend of yours is all that and more..You are blessed:)

#Bhawna,

Welcome to my "Life"..Hehehe..Thanks..I hope they learn and don't forget:0

#Czar,

Patience and Me, Well you know that right?:p

#Viki,
Ya,thanks for calling me patient, yaar:)
Did not know a list made out of sheer impulse will come across as patience..yeah!!
Ya, guys do all that..coz games are be all and end all thing in guys life. They are happy, they drink beer, they get ditched they drink beer:))

BTW, a post on good guy friends coming soon:)

#Hershey,

Wow..you noted the nuances, thats sweet. Thanks girlie:)
Not just cereals, in picking menus also:D

#Rik,
Thanks buddy..I dont know if am a sweet friend, but am certainly a true friend.

Yep! I agree...friends are forever:) Bulls eye!

#Jeens,

Wow..so cool..Let me know that tonite..would love to add mine to the list:D

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Hic Hic, So now Vik, do you remember what you spoke when you guzzled down that sweet poison down your throat for the nth time and what stories you actually told your junta:D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

I do not think it is really possible for anyone to step into the other persons shoes...(boy for a girl or vice versa)....closest is having empathy.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:03 PM) : 

E Vik,

I think you got freakshow's comment wrong..He was commenting on my statement "For understanding a woman, you need to step into her shoes, most guys fail to realize that"

Well, You know..I never mind that leg pulling..It makes me more taller..hic hic:)

#Freaksho!

Ok! well you might be correct..But its just the word play, I guess..Empathy=stepping-into-someone's shoes. If it hurts you, it hurts the others. The bottom line remains the same:)Dont you think?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Empathy and stepping into someones shoes...does not imply the same things to me. Stepping into someone's shoes assumes that you can do something like that. Empathy assumes that you cannot step into someone's shoes...the least you can do is be there for the person and help out....it is.. feeling for the person while fully realizing that whatever you feel is going to be 50% of what the other person feels.
Lol...sorry to get technical about this....but I do not agree with all these stereotypes about men are this way and they bond /or do not.. a certain way...they express/or do not express their emotions a certain way. The same goes for stereotypes about women. Men and women are different..for sure...however stereotypes to me signify a kind of cognitive poverty.
ROS..am not implying that you do this...am just expressing my views about it...since the topic came up.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Well, Freaksho!
Thanks for your insights. Exceptions always exist and I do not generalize. This post was intended to accentuate the female bonding and I did not intend on making it a war blog between men and women.

They might be from Mars and Venus but they reside in mutual harmony on planet earth.

So please forgive me if I appeared to be bound by stereotypes.

Call me cognitively poor, I shall take it. To me it is about perspectives. We all have one, different than the others.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Lol....now now ROS....I specifically said in the comment that you do not do that...but that I am merely stating my views...I apologize if I came across too strongly...surely not my intention. And for the record...girl...I liked your post...always have liked them.
How is your tooth?

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (4:01 PM) : 

#Freakshow,
Now, just like they say..you cannot compliment and criticize at the same time. Either you compliment or you criticize. I might have posed as being stereotypical and I don't blame you. People who know me, know that I am not of that types. After all written words dont go a long way in forming an impression about a person.

Well, I know you like my posts and I also know that you did not like this one:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Lol ROS...that would be an excellent skill to learn...to be able to compliment and criticize a person at the same time...hmm I am going to have to start practicing that. Well as far as your posts go..yeah I do like them...an important thing I try to keep in mind while commenting on here is that...you (as in ROS) are taking a risk by posting your views on here...and you do not have to do that....I try to temper my posts accordingly. I apologize if I got out of hand that time!!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:04 PM) : 

Freako!

Well, critiscms and complenting together is an art, not everyone is good at:) Don't you think, it sounds more like a kiss-on-cheeks and kick-on-the-ass, at the same time?;)

Anyhow, I think we are having a trouble understanding each other. I did not get this statement You (as in ROS) are taking a risk by posting your views on here...and you do not have to do that..

Please explain:)

 

Blogger Princessse said ... (7:20 PM) : 

lovely post! touched old corners of my heart...tucked away with old memories... but i agree with phoenix...'good' girl-friends are a rare thing now...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Hey Princie!!
Hush! finally you are here:)Welcome!!
Took a lot of convincing on my part girlie:D
Hmm..well that is true "good girl friends are rare"..but if you have found em, you have stuck gold:D

BTW, keep coming..and don't go into the silent mode:p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

I agree. Good girlfriends....those "bestfriends" are rare.

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (9:29 PM) : 

Boyfriends come and go ... - Unlike others, I am here to stay :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:06 PM) : 

# Hershey
:)

#Bhole!
I know, bechara you:(

 

Blogger virdi said ... (1:50 AM) : 

yes guy friends come and go but girl friends stay for ever... ;-)

V..

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (4:26 AM) : 

a bucket full!

u r obscenely lucky!

no actually, u r too good.
u deserve them.

 

Blogger Princessse said ... (10:25 AM) : 

hum toh aagaye ROS, lekin yeh posht kahin dikhaayi nahin deytaa ;)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Virdi,

Hehhehe:D ya coz GF's get promoted to "wife"

Hey Kiddo,

Thanks yaar..dekhte hain bucket full rehta hai ya beh jaata hai:D

Czar bhaiyya,

Are, yaar..humne socha ki problem solve ho jaayegee if I change the template:(
Lekin mujhe kya pata saare links chale jayenge..yaar mujhe yeh HTML sab samajh nahi aata:(
Also, I cannot stay without colors:)

Princie,
Matlab???? Post dikahyee nahi deta means?

 

So you were saying....