Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Dance, drama, Music!

The party was awesome and yes! I did manage to get that funky look:) Yeayyyyy
The Look:
The interesting thing was amongst girls there were only four of us who were "sportive" and all the guys rocked:(
Me dressed as "what-I-dont-know"
Jas dressed as a 60's ke heroine and
Sneha dressed as "Fishherwoman"
But the guys took the cake once again.
"Shorts teamed with kurta along with blazer and a tie" for Vivek
"Mangal Pandey outlook for Gaurav" He looked wow:)
[P.S-My knowledge of histroy sucks, I know..but I let the whole world know about that as well,
When I blurted "Tu to Mangal Pandey dakoo lag raha hai"
Gaurav "Mangal Pandey, dakoo hai kya?? Bechare Amir Khan ki mehnat waste":))
Anyhow, I do know that Mangal Pandey is a freedom fighter, OK?but he looked more like a dacoit instead:)))
The Music:
Rocked!!
Amongst songs such as "Aaja nachle and Chunari chunari"and people making merry and full in zest.
Men dancing to "Chamma chamma"and women dancing to "I am Mumbhai"
Suddenly, the whole room was quiet and spell bound, when Md. Rafi crooned in the background with his "Aaj Mausam Bada baeiman hai":))
Ok! thats it..we decided to attack the awesome food.
The Food:
  • Kofta curry
  • Dahi wada
  • Sambar
  • Pulav
  • Puri
  • Gulab Jamuns

Now the stomach is full and then we decided to play something. We zeroed on some childish games that we used to play.

The Game:

First, option was the Dark Room, but doesn't sound good, especially when we aren't kids anymore:)))

So, we decided to play "Killer and the Detective"

The game is a typical bacchu game. People like Aryan would probably play it when they go to school:))

There are bunch of guys (we were 16) and the rule is none should be quiet and obviously being loud and boisterous is something that we have always been:)) and then u throw chits and out of that one is a detective an the other is a killer rest all others are extra. The extra chits had these wierd names that I coined. Some egs "Madam X, Xena, Chameeya, Roop ki Rani, Zorro, Lord of the Rings, Mad Hatter, Sexy eyes"etc etc..Of course, the guys were mad, when they got the chit that had chamiya in it for 4th consecutive time:)

Back to the game, the detective is to guess who the killer is.

As a clue, the killer winks at others without the knowledge of the detective and the person whom he winks says"I am dead". So the killer is supposed to kill everybody before the detective finds out and the detective needs to be observant and find out.

It was chaotic and great. The reason, I narrated the whole game is coz out of 16 people 10 of them had never played this game before!!!!!!! That was surprising coz we grew up playing this game!

So anyhow, I was in for a surprise coz..when I was the killer, I did not know how to WINK!!!!

Man, am I not wierd??

How can one not know how to wink?

Now that I think of it, I dont know to whistle either:(

So, I don't qualify as a tapori:))

Alright, the day was over and it was awesome.

We had it all, food, party,music in our life.

Kids again!

Finally, while going home, we realized that we were quite loud at 2:00 AM and while gettin back into the car, one drunk man screamed from his balcony and asked us to **** of.

:(

:(

Oh, poor guy did not have a date, I beleive :))

Comments on "Dance, drama, Music!"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (1:06 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Sounds like u had an awesome time. I dunno how to wink either. I try and Shekar goes, it is only a wink when one eye closes. But I can whistle.

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Looks like you had a blast.

LOL @ Tu to Mangal Pandey dakoo lag raha hai

BTW...the game you guys played sounds like a home production to me ;) So the killer knows who the detective is?? Can the killer kill the detective?? :)

You're from bombay and you don't know how to wink and whistle???? :)

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Killer and Detective..

Acha laga..
//Detective needs to be observant...utna shor macha me bhi???

//Chaotic n gr8..well its gr8 to be chaotic...and gr8 coz its chaotic..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

Wow yaar, hhaha! What fun! What outfits :-) My mouth started watering with that menu. I had not heard of this detective-killer game before. Sounds like an absolutely fun game!:-) I am so happy you had a Rocking time!

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (6:11 PM) : 

ROS dhidi!!

Hope u r havin a gr8 weekend!!

Thabi tho itni time blog se door rah saki!!!hehehehe...girls

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 AM) : 

I cant wink too!! I thought it was just me but atleast now i know that some else has the same problem as me.....lols. Everytime we played this game and i was the "murderer" the "victims" got confused cause they never knew if i was winking at them and by the time i killed 2 people i would be found out. =)

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (5:19 AM) : 

good u had fun!
and killer is an awesome game!

btw im an expert!
no1 can catch me if im killer...

 

Blogger aria said ... (6:18 AM) : 

Ohh I think I did play the game as a kid ..but can't seem to recall it... sounds familiar ..

Mangal Pandey naam ka koi daaku bhi zaroor raha hoga!
Btw I can wink .. but I can't whistle. Had been trying for - past don't know how many years! I still haven't given up. I was actually planning to write about a recent incident when I SO wished again - I could ..

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (3:08 PM) : 

hey ros
i can see u had one helluva weekend :D
well girl..mangal pandey and dacoit..Hehehehehe....iam pretty sure sometime soon ROS might ask who is gandhi???(pronounced as GHANDI)..hheheehehehe
kidding
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger virdi said ... (12:30 AM) : 

The Food: Kofta curry, Dahi wada, Sambar, Pulav, Puri and Gulab Jamuns.....

wow....... awesome....... surp surp...

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (12:49 AM) : 

hey seems u had lotsa fun...cool..
so who cooked all that..or u all got it from indian restaurant...
In the detective game, whenever we played in a group, for girls who didnt know how to wink..they were allowed to blink (wink with both eyes) their eyes...

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (6:33 AM) : 

Baby girl hope you're not gussa and all... photos bhej dena... I'll email you once my last exam is over... offo this subject is driving me nuts! :(

 

So you were saying....