Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 07, 2005

I am OK, You are OK

Its Monday!

Having a perfectly normal day, except for a real bad headache, thats preventing me from being normal:(

I do not get headaches frequently. Last time, I got it was almost 6 mths back!

I am fine most of the times when less than 6 hours of sleep is perfectly normal for me. Last night, I slept for 8 hours straight and here I have a throbbing head:(


Someone asked me in the elevator

"Hey, how are you??
I reply "Hey, I am good, how are you"? [When actually I want to say, "Dude, mere sar mein bomb phoot rahe hain"]

Such are the ways...

I had a friend named Richard, who went to school with me in Louisiana. He used to call me "Little Indian girl" as I was 10 years younger to him and was fresh off boat then.

Ric always told me "ROS, this country works in a weird way. You have to pretend. You might be coming back from a funeral. Still, if someone asks you "How are you"?, you automatically say "Fine"!

You might be all sad and your life might be all upside down, still you say "I am fine"

But, there is this friend of mine, who broke up with her boyfriend the previous night and was all distorted the following monday morning.

She was fumbling for a pen in her purse when this Indian guy asked her if she was OK.

This girl just blurted out "I broke up with my boyfriend last night, how do you expect me to be"!!!!

I was kinda amazed at that coz, why would a stranger care what happens in your life. Its just a formality, why he asked her.

But, according to her, a stranger doesn't care whats going on, but nevertheless, even you don't care what he thinks of you, so its easy (at times) to just say whats actually bothering you.


Its a different story, that they guy actually gave her his phone number then and they ended up going out:))

Well, thankfully for me, Jasmine gave me a "Toblerone" to set my mood:D

So now I am all SMILES:)

Comments on "I am OK, You are OK"

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (5:19 PM) : 

if you don't count the spammers..then YAY...me first...

good to know you are feeling better...
and how true....you have to say you are feeling fine..even when you are not...

reading about the toberlone..i am getting a sweet tooth as well...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Hmm..Parth! Check the updated blog with the picture of "Toblerone"..Now go, get it:)

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (5:47 PM) : 

I love...TIGER BALM....or Zhandu Balm

or the sensur Nilgiri Oil...

This nepali friend of mine had once given me some ointment once...it practically blew my brains out...it was like chilli powder in ur eyes..but damn good stuff

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Hey Ros..

Lol!! its true that we pretend.
Often, yelling out in tough times, lead to unwelcome situations...

This UG, had been struggling hard in getting the results out of an experiment, and when accosted by his prof,"Howz goin on!!! seems to be tough??? He blares as " Yeah this experiment is a s****". later, he had to stay long.

Well, Ros, sleeping for 8 hrs,Ummm..yummy!! Wish I cud sleep for more than 6 hrs..but this crappy alarm doesnt want me to...

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Hey baby girl,

Hope you're feeling better today!

I agree... sometimes when I'm in a REALLY bad mood, and someone says, "Hey Sayesha, how are ya, girl?" I'm like all "Awesome, man!" and in my head I go, "Yeah right, awesome my foot!" But if a close friends asks that, I'll probably blurt out, "Stay away, I'm in a REALLY bad mood, trust me, you dun wanna stay around me today." :P

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (7:10 PM) : 

My response has always been "Good." Those who know me will know from the tone whether I am in a good mood or not :)

Sar dard ki dava Toblerone ;-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:53 PM) : 

#Nandu

Ok! thank you..Amrutanjan is also a good option, if you havent tried it already:D

#Sheela,

I know..we can't pretend all along..maybe a time will come and we would say.."How does it matter to you, I am dead or alive"..I will say that when i will be defending and someone gets on my nerve:))))

#Rik

hehhee..poor UG:(
I know it would be unbearable to answer that question:)))
Well, I beat my alarm too..I dont listen to it:)

#Sash!
yeah..I say that to my friends.. actually u know..my face is like a mirror, it reflects everything and thank god they never ask me anything...

Bhole,
A chocolate for any damn mood..be it Toblerone or Coffee Bite:)

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (8:08 PM) : 

Ummm..herez my first blog.

How busy are you..

Thanx ROS
cheers,
rik.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 PM) : 

LOL...ROS...true...one experiment that I have always wanted to try is this...u know how many a times people ask you how you are doing and then before you answer they are half way down the hall? Well one of these days when someone asks me that I am going to say..'Ohh I am slowly and painfully dying'. I am pretty sure they will be like...'ohh good...good'.
Emotional expression is usually frowned upon here and the importance is always being on rational and using that part of your brain rather than the emotional, intutive part of your brain. I personally think...using both is important.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 PM) : 

So good to see another post ROS!
It's a great topic.
And I am glad Toblerone cheered you up :-) Bless the person who gave it to you.

With people I am close to, I have a hard time pretending to be "fine" when I am not. They can see through my expressions and voice. When they sincerely feel something is amiss (or even if they don't) and want to know how things are..I just end up telling them because it also feels 'wrong' to not be ones 'genuine self' with people we are close to. But there's another line of thinking with these same people. Sometimes, the closer they are, the MORE we care for them enough to not burden them with our worries. So we pretend to be fine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like Tiger Balm too!

and Sayesha, good to see u!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Nice blog.... keep it up...

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (7:42 AM) : 

hey ROS
hope u r feeling alrite gal..
well all u needed was a nice cuppa of chai..Hmmmmmm
well me off to get some now..
take care
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (9:55 AM) : 

i am leaving a NASTY comment

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (9:55 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (10:51 AM) : 

wow!
nice!

and ya
i just LOVE toblerone!!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:21 AM) : 

#Rik!

I commented on that:)

#Freako,
Lol..freako:)) BTW not commenting more, as I am talking to you right now.

#Vik,

Pretty good, buddy:p

#Hershey!

I know..thats the point no..your close friends can "read" you but elevator people dont:( and they frankly dont care as to how I am doing, actually:D

#Czar!
Well that guy was lucky I guess..if something like this happens to me..I would slap that guy:D So dont try:))

Are Toblerone is a Swiss Chocolate..Absolutely yummmmmm..

P.S..Bhai dooj pe bhej doon kya:))))

P.P.S..Tu bhi mujhe apnee insomnia gift kar de:))

#Anon!
Thanks:)

#Panna baby!

Am so glad that finally you are not being a silent reader:) and are commenting..

Yeah..your face is the mirror to your heart:)

#Jeens!
Yeah..am doing well:)A coffee did it for me:D

#Nandu!

I am waiting;)

#Z,

IIT-D mein saaree junta ko bhai dooj present..Toblerone:))

 

Blogger piyusharanjan@gmail.com said ... (8:56 AM) : 

hey,....i think those who say i am ok you r ok, they really mean the bindas attitude towards life.so enjoy the life full,who knows tomorrow?

 

So you were saying....