Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 28, 2005

Spooky experiences

Its friday evening. No lab meeting.

Life has never been this nice on a friday evening in a long time now.

Reminds me of the statement that Aria had made last week.."Weekend to har week aata hai na"
Right now relaxing to Shaan's "Woh pehli baar, jum hum mile"..
So well, Haloween is just around the corner..[I dont dare think of diwali..as many of the junta here will bury me alive, if I have another post on food n diwali:p]
I have always found the concept of "Halloween" kinda wierd, coz scaring away people is not the best thing to do, as a child.Totally discouraged by parents! But, I was taken aback when my almost 3 yr old nephew Aryan celebrated "Haloween"at his play school, in Bombay!!
I had no clue what it meant until I came here.
Well, wow..haloween-diwali-christmas..India celebrates it all!
When I was a little child and even while I was growing up, I was not particularly good friends with ghosts (bhoots). I somehow used to beleive that ghosts do exist and if I did not study they would take me away:p
I would also beleive that they came only at nights!
So, at one time, I think when I was in 5th standard or so..me and my cousins were all watching this scary movie by our very old "Ramsay Brothers"..named "Aakhri Cheekh"!
Our parents were all gone to some realtives place and we decided that we would watch this movie especially when none was around to watch us.
That was a fourth floor apt and a 5 bedroom house.
Just the 4 of us..ekdum "sannata"..
I still remember that movie just like any other Ramsay movie, as usual started off with a lonely street at night with only a jeep and it somehow always stops at or near a graveyeard!!!!
So, well we all sisters tightly clinged to each other, during the movie coz none of us were brave enuf to watch the terrified looking bhoot..with a mask that almost look like an unwashed-face pack.
By the end of movie, me and my youngest cousin were in tears and were freaky scared to even go to the bathroom to take a shower (remember, just when the heroine in these movies enters the shower, instead of water, the shower will have all blood)
So, all of us decided to sleep in one room for that night! None of us wanted to sleep alone and of course, since no elders were there..who will beat up the bhoot if it enters the house?:)
The night progressed and there was an eerie silence.
To add to the already grave situation, the window was slightly cracked and it started to rattle in the middle of night. Just outside, we had the "peepul ka tree"
Thats it!
This episode had occured when I was barely 11 years of age. It was enuf to cause a profound influence on my mind. After that I have never indulged into watching any hindi scary movie, especially coz my sister who was the oldest of us, got a sound bashing from elders. She was supposed to have controlled us against watching that kinda movie.
After that, I had resolved not to watch any horror movie and I stuck to that for almost 13 years!
I broke my resolve when I watched this "Vaastushastra" movie..One of my friends, Gaurav who can actually beat the life out of you by making wierd faces and actually imitating the bhoot!
The movie was absoultely stupid, nevertheless by the end of it, I was crying, coz of the ambience the time of the night.
I was scared to even drive alone at 2:00 AM.
I reached home and started checking all the closets for presence of any "bhoot" in my house!
That was almost 8 mths back or so, and even today, if I reach home on a friday or a saturday night beyond 1:00 AM, I make sure am on the phone talking to someone until I get home, just in case you know!
I check all the closets and drawers.
Switch on all the lights at home and play the music!
I dont know why I do that, but I have no reasoning for that.
The peepal ka tree still freaks me out!
I still think that "aatma"(souls) talk, that bhoots are always dressed in "white".
Even now, I can't be in alone in a gross anatomy lab that has "human skeleton", especially at nights.
Of course, if I cant take hindi shows, its next to impossible for me to take any "Silence of the lambs, Evil Death" and movies such as that..
So this year, I have resolved that I am going to visit the "Haunted House"with my friends, just to get over my "bhoo-phobia"
Hopefully, I should be able to survive that so that I can come and blog about diwali:D, the next day:))
Anyhow, I am already getting spooked and to top that..I have to go shower as well!

Comments on "Spooky experiences"

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (10:52 PM) : 

I'm first! :D

I'm freakin' scared of scary movies! I used to watch them once in a while and remain scared for days. That's when I stopped watching them. No war movies. No bhoot movies. :)

Hey, everyone seems to have a neighbourhood peepal ka ped, huh? :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Oye Sash,

That was quick:) glad that you showed up after two days with two comments:)Becharee, had to read up two longish posts:p, in midst of her 6 stacks of notes!!

OK! so I have someone who freaks out at that "peepal ka tree":)

I wish you were my flatmate too:)atleast there would be someone to toally chillax with..You also seem yo have endless quota of energy to talk:)

Anyhow, this comment seems like an email:D

take care and dont blog until you finish your padhai!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:06 PM) : 

Sash, BTW did you notice..both of us have our faces towards the sea..

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (11:26 PM) : 

both of you are facing the sea...and peeche se ek haath aage badhta hai..and taps you on your left shoulder...you turn around...and no one is there..you get engrossed in your thoughts..phir someone again taps you...you are scared..look around but koi nahin hai wahan...

Happy Halooooooooooowwwwwweeeeeeeeen
Trick or Treat :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:30 PM) : 

Haha Parth,

Lolllllll:)
Addition to the spooky environment:)) no..we turn around and give one tight slap to the one who did that...:D..lekin that slap doesnt hit anyone...kyunki koi nahi hai na:)) Pathetic joke..forget it!

Happy Haloween to you toooo.

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (12:00 AM) : 

well, why doesn tnaything,l any movie, spook me!
i'm tired of watching horror movies with a grain

oh someone plssssssss give me some blood in the shower!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:05 AM) : 

Heehe Phoenix!!

You can take all that you want:)) Blood in shower..Am still laughing at that..Well, wait until March:D, u can add holi colors to that...Howss that?? Blood in shower..its biohazard, babes!!

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:30 AM) : 

I get spooked, scared and even scream when I watch scary movies, but I still watch them. The good thing with me is after the movie is over, I'm not scared anymore. Recently saw Amityville Horror. Pretty spooky according to me.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:33 AM) : 

Oh good for you, Thanu! Well, you have a hubby, BTW:D

No way, I can muster courage to watch any thriller alone, leave aside..spooky ones!

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:36 AM) : 

Wow that is a fast response. sona nahi kya

I've tagged u with a story tree on my blog...

-thanu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:40 AM) : 

#Thanu,

Are..I was just reading that:) It was kinda confusing..but I will do it over the weekend!
Naah! I dont sleep on friday nights! making Besan laddos:)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:50 AM) : 

Besan ladoos- for diwali? I want some.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:58 AM) : 

Hey Thanu,

Yeah for Diwali..
Ok! tumko bhi bhejtee hu!
I guess you arent too sleepy as well.
I was just reading a post on Sunita Aunty's blog that kinda jolted me:(

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:31 AM) : 

Hey Vik,

Ill send a common parcel to you and Thanu:p
BTW, so no comments on blood shower n peepul tree:(

Wow, I have given a one on one response to all of em...Applause to me:)

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (1:38 AM) : 

hey mere liye bhi besan ke laddoo...i think vikram aur thanu ke parcel mein mera share bhi add karo please...

 

Blogger aria said ... (5:18 AM) : 

Hehe Rays.
Bachpan yaad aa gaya.
When me n cousins too - clinged n shared "bhoot stories"
I love staying alone but get really freaked out in the night -when my parents are away. Thankfully I have a company now - my Dog :D so I cling to him. I'm sure he can scare the ghosts away!

That haunted house picture looks so amazing! I wanna visit a place like that too :(
Already waiting for - your blog about the visit :)

Besan ka laddoo!!!! Something is special about the homemade ones.
Glad you are having a better weekend :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 AM) : 

ROS, I am home alone. I will read your post during daytime...lol.

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (6:36 AM) : 

oh these bhoots can only attack the people whose temperament is like them..

so dont worry...
and try watchin the exorcist and ring.. and I remember u sayin Dracula Kee Maut!!!
hehe

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:21 AM) : 

#Vik!

hehe..this is like going n checking out a movie's review before watching a movie:p

#Parth,

Hehe! California besan laddoos..cool! Pehle bolna chaiye na..I just came back after dropping a friend to airport (she is flying to CA):)

#Vik,
yea! exactly you can 'feel'em:o

#Prady,

Haan re..wahee but anyhow..reading back..didnt the bhoots in those movies, look terrified themselves:p

#Aria!

I guess you too have something for "spooky things"..pehle ke ek post mein, it was that bridge:) and abhi you like this haunted hosue:)) Good you have a dog for company:)

#Hershey,

Yeay! I wrote that post at night, madam:D

#z,
oh these bhoots can only attack the people whose temperament is like them

What do you mean?????

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Hindi movie bhoots are funny....bollywood guys need training from hollywood :)

Reminded me of a funny incident...my very good friend Padmini when to universal studios...and saw something scary....she started shouting and crying :) and there was this 4 yr old kid in front of her who wasn't scared and was enjoying it :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Ok...so much better to read your bhoot post during daytime :-) Hey, u r brave girl, to be writing the post at night :-)!

Oh gosh, I like scary movies, but I never watch alone. And even when I am watching them, I might just be doing my own editing through my fingers in front of eyes (even if it editing just half the screen) hahaa

Please do let us know how the haunted house expedition goes. I have always wanted to visit a haunted house :-)

My first memory of a scary movie from childhood was this movie called "Guest House" (I think!) where there is a cut hand (from the wrist) moving throughout the city and getting out of shower drains! Spooky! And now, remembering all that isn't doing any good, so I better stop :-)

Hey, in the spirit of Halloween, good post! :-)

 

Blogger Jay said ... (1:32 AM) : 

"Haunted House" back to Back with "Exorcist" should help U overcome Ur "bhoo phobia". ;-)

I am expecting ur blog the day after Diwali, Don't disappoint us!! :-)

Whoever said .. Ghosts appear to roaming around just at around midnight? Around here Managers walk in by 10 am in the morning! Oh ... we were talking about ghosts right!! ... Actually therz not much difference! ;-) U don't believe me, do U?

 

Blogger Leon said ... (1:41 AM) : 

//wow..haloween-diwali-christmas..India celebrates it all!

That's the best part of being INDIAN!!

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (8:44 AM) : 

well.. forget it ..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:04 PM) : 

#Bhole,

Hahha..ROTFL@ your friend's experience. Are nahi hum jaise logon ko to lowe level comedy hi theek lagta hai:P

# Hershey,
O yeah, I remember that movie:O
Glad that the post dint freak you out
#Jay,

Another new entrant! Welcome!
Well, you may not beleive me, but I do know what you are talking about and actually beleive in it!!!:) Well, as far as my post-diwali post is concerned..its going to be today..when I get time:) So watch out!!
BTW, don't expect the Haunted House stuff..it ain't working out:((
#Leon,

Damn straight! I agree!

# Z,
:(

#Pradyot,

Johnny Depp is your fav, isnt he??BTW, hows the movie?
Man, am retarded, haven't watched single movie in ages!!..maybe for a month or so:(

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (1:15 PM) : 

how did the besan ka ladoo turn out? Did u go to the haunted house? bhooton ka dar chala gaya kya? Or it got intensified?

Anywaz chalo waiting to my package with ladoos.

 

So you were saying....