Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Life so parallel


I met her for the first time, when we went to watch a circus, when I was 5 years of age.
Though, I kept bumping into her every time, as she lived in the opposite building as mine..I never did like her.
Precisely, coz she was from an all-girls convent school and I was from a co-ed catholic school. All the guys from our school flocked to their school's gate just to catch a glimpse of all the beauties who resided in one single place.
Well, that was then, until my 10th std.
Come junior college..and to my utter dismay, I find her in the same class as mine and both of us exchanging wierd glances. Since, we lived in the same 'locality', I happen to travel in the same bus as her!
Her name is 'Priyanka'.
As it turns out, she happens to be Roll # 1 and me Roll # 2, so we end up as being lab partners even during our practicals. How I hated the professor then!
Well, chemistry classes, turned out to be beneficial coz due to a strange reaction process, a new unexpected covalent bond was formed------->Our friendship
A serendipituous product that I am glad was formed.
I do not call her my best friend, coz thats not what she is..She isn't someone with whom I share the tiny details of my life with. But, she is certainly the one with whom I can collect the thread from where we had left it. Seperated by miles but still very much close in thoughts. Someone with whom I can share the darkest of secrets, still be assured that I won't be judged. For someone whom I have an intutive feeling for.
She is a 'soul-friend'. We all have heard of soul mates, but a soul friend??? One whose, life has been a mirror image as that of mine. A friendship that has stood the test of time and managed to weather all conditions. Ten years have passed, but both of us have been a pillar of strength for each other and the relationship has got only deeper with passage of time.
Well, the events that have happened in our 'respective' lives have been similar and almost alike.
Apart from superficial things, such as sharing a common passion for cricket and for Anil Kumble (at that time), we do have a lot of things common between us.
For example:
  • We share the same birth date
  • The same language
  • Same percentage of marks in our 12th grade, which made me consider engineering as an option too (thank god, I did not go behind her in that field)
  • The same guy gave us a rose on rose day in 11th std
  • We both had our first 'serious infatuation' in our second year of professional college (different guys)
  • Our respective crushes were both gujratis and were from the same Undergraduate college as well
  • Well, if that wasn't enough, both infatuations never proceeded to another level in both the cases:-) and we both got over that after final year:))
  • For beleiving in the 'andekha anjaana theory (ref Kajol's character in DDLJ)

So, today I got an email from her explaining about a marriage proposal that has come for her and she sent me a picture of him for my opinion!

For the first time, I sensed that there was something that is going to happen with her (as far as this matrimonial thing is concerned).

I happened to call her instantaneously, and tell her about this wierd intuitive feeling that I am experiencing. To my surprise, she also feels that even though she has not met him or talked to him, she is still having an intuition. Now, I have no clue how that works.

How can one 'feel' anything for someone whom you have not heard or not seen??

After she asked me how I felt looking at his pic, I stumped her saying that...

"You guys look so much 'made-for-each-other' that he almost looks like your brother"!!!!!

Now, I hope our lives remain parallel only until here:D

But, I do hope that he is her "Andekha anjaana"

My only question is, Can two lives me so parallel that you almost feel that the exact same thing is happening to you as well??

Comments on "A Life so parallel"

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (7:12 PM) : 

so u havent taken that break yet..:-)

Dont tell me I dint warn u:P

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:15 PM) : 

hehe..I am taking a 'break' here..Sweetheart:D..This is my 'vent out' place..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Gi,

What are you doing, snooping around here:D

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (7:23 PM) : 

my boss ran away....:-)

so am free now, till I start my trek home..

and I thought I cud get hold of my flirt...she aint no where to be found:-)

so I tht letz turn our attention to ROS...wat say;-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:25 PM) : 

Gi,
Huh!back up option kya? I am a seedhi saadhi gaon ki ladki..me aint into flirting:p

Are atleast post to padh leeya hota:(

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Wow... Life has some real amazing stuff for us to discover, eh? :)

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (7:31 PM) : 

I did read the post..:-)

If I give another senti response...

Jeenu might fall off her chair..

I dont want her to get hurt..:-)

Shez another option u knw...:-D

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:32 PM) : 

# Sash,

At the moment we are both online..Ask for a wish:)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:33 PM) : 

# Gi,

I want to hear a senti Gi speaking..I will take care of Jeens, dont worry:D

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Yeah rite....I tried...but somehow..when you force me to do something, that never happens:-)

Let me see some old movies, get into the mood, come back and then comment:-)

 

Blogger vi said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Ray,
That was so beautifully expressed...you might want to send a link to Priyanka...
Nice "image" too go with it!

Read your "tear" blog too...
cc Flower (thats Aria)'s comment for me!


Take Care :)

vi

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:43 PM) : 

Hey there Vi,

Glad you are back:) on time..did not get that Aria thing you want me to do?

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (8:44 PM) : 

ROS - this is more than coincidence. But, looks like you and coincidence have something going on :)

Bhole

 

Blogger vi said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Ray,
I meant Flowers comment said what I wanted to say for your tear blog :)

vi
P.S.
Gi and Nandu left a comment for you on Jeenu's blog

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Hey Bhole,

I know its a 'coincidental'life, I guess..

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (12:34 AM) : 

Oh dear! Missed my wish coupon!! :O

Can I have another one to use some time in the future??

 

Blogger aria said ... (1:03 AM) : 

Kewl! Thts really more than coincidence. Nice read Rays.

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (2:34 AM) : 

oye thats awesome yaar..
first time ive heard about 2ppl have lives so similar...

and ya... ur gonna get a proposal too....

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (8:18 AM) : 

hey ROS
that was an intense blog yaar..so are there any wedding bells that we are gonna hear in future..:)
Gi
see that is wat i mean by ur multi tasking ability...:))
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:09 AM) : 

# Vik,

:D Did not know that it was so profound that junta had a tough time absorbing it:(

# Sash,

You have all the wishes:) Close your eyes and make a wish:)
The fairy grants you three wishes...

#Aria,

Thanks gurlie for understanding the most indecipherable stuff.

# Z,
Hehe..Read properly..I do not want our lives to be parallel from now on:D

#Jeens,

No way! am married to my lab already;)

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (11:53 AM) : 

FFBW, ROS

Ah therz something abt aria then..

Something thts indecipherable even to the author, has been figured out by her…;-)

Maan, I need some Rum :-D

Jeenu, wacha mean by tht…

What multi tasking….Now now…are u trying to bust me…is this a set up or what…:-)

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (11:56 AM) : 

ROS,

Did u mean the lab or somebody in the lab;-)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (11:58 AM) : 

hey ROS,
in utah i think it is legal to have more spouses :))
just kidding i know wat u mean by married to the lab..i feel the same too :))
Gi
here i was giving u an honest to god compliment and u just could not take it ...:(
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:28 PM) : 

#Gi,

Well, the author knows exactly whats going on in her life and also she is very much in tune with what she wants to convey. But, yeh duniya ke wasiyon ka kuch bharosa nahi..woh kya samjte hain:)

P.S- No comments:p

#Jeens,

No I beleive in 'monogamy';)
Focus is important, jeenu, hai na?:)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (2:46 PM) : 

hehehehe ROS..
pretty funny..so is ur group meeting over ..???
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Sob Sob:( In another 5 mins...

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (3:07 PM) : 

want se kya hota hai ??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I really love you.. i actually do.. will you marry me ?

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (4:11 PM) : 

hey ROS
seems like u have proposal at hand..Hmmmmmm
waiting for u r response to" ur lover yaar.."
hope u r Group meeting was good..
catch ya soon
ciao
jeenu

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (5:13 PM) : 

hey somebody beat me to it...

whats going on here...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:43 PM) : 

# Z

Want pe hi sab kuch depend karta hai!


# Jeens,

Weekend is damned, dear! Busted in the meeting..so waise hi dimag kharab ho raha hai:((

# Lover Boy,

Sorry, abhi mood nahi hai! Plus, I dont accept proposals from people who hide under a disguise:)

# Nandu,

No buddy! you are always first..

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (1:30 AM) : 

as my prophecy, u got a proposal!
wallah!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 AM) : 

Great to have such a friend. A soul friend. Yeah...even friends can be soul mates, on another level.

Here's to "her and him" :-) Hope it really works out well, just as you both feel it...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Hey Heshey:)

Sure!! I agree...friends can be soul friends..Absolutely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Free allie sin hardcore Removal of hair efficacy zocor fire alarm inspection contract Camera digital hp photosmart r607 teen shaved Scrabble tournament championship board Lance bass gay Asian water dragon fillipino shaved pussy weight gain while taking effexor Hillary duff blowjob Fast money making ways on runescape E key learning moderating online teaching Subject to mortgage

 

So you were saying....