Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 21, 2005

Why??

Why does it happen on a friday evening??

You are elated that the week has come to an end, and the next two days are going to be 'yours'.
Little do you realize that, Murphy's law actually holds true.

You get busted on the friday evening.

Instead of heading home to plan for the evening, you are in the lab, running all sorts of experiments PLUS preparing for the next two days! Above all you are asked to show up at 8:00 AM for a one-to-one meeting on monday!!!!

You hate being treated that way. You hate the very reason why you should be taking all this. You hate the way people feel that your logic is all screwed up..You want to just walk away from there. But, you cannot...coz hey its a professional world, you cannot act sissy and behave unprofessionally.

You call up your friends who have been-there-done-that,
But you know what...you reach their voice mails, coz they are all making plans!!

The only song that makes sense is "Take me Home, Country Roads, to the place I belong"

You want to get 'tullied', but you know what, you are a teetotaller??

Instead, you come and vent it all out on your keyboard when someone is going to leave a message, that I need a break!

Hey, I want to and I need to..but I just CANNOT!
Coz, this is my choice and now I have to live with it.






Comments on "Why??"

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (8:35 PM) : 

:-)

so wat r u doing...

working on a new chemical weapon to be used in Iraq :-P

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:40 PM) : 

oh gi,
please yaar!

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Know that with time this too shall pass!!

You too will have plans and when people call you, they ll get your voice mail :)

Bhole

 

Blogger vi said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Hi Ray...kabhi kabhi aaisa ho jaata hai...easier said then done but sleep on it...things will feel better tomarrow!

Vent away hum hain na...


vi

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Hey, it all gonna be worth it when u see the 250K salary after u graduate. Then u can schedule 8.00 am meetings on saturday morning.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:37 AM) : 

# Gi,

Probably I lack in sense of humor, or either I do no not understand yours. I beleive that my feelings are not pathological to that extent that I will go rip of a nation for that purpose, nor do I entertain such comments on my posts.

# Bhole,

Hehe:) Thanks for being a sweetheart, buddy!

#Vi,
Your orders are taken, my dear! yea! You know that is precisely why I maintain this journal..:)

Hum hai na --I know..thanks for being there:)

#Hey Thanu,
That comment bought a nice smile on my face:) I am imagining myself sitting in a posh office giving out orders! but, the only thing is will you help me count those 250K$?:)Thanks, gurl!

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (1:07 AM) : 

sorry about tht..
Gi

 

Blogger aria said ... (2:03 AM) : 

Hey Rays. Quiet understandable.
Every now n then we are confronted with something - tht demand renewed commitments or total escape. I have personally felt - (some bloggers made me believe too) - written words really hv some power. It feels good if you just let your feelings out - it stirs up your old beliefs yet again.
Hope you are feeling lighter n yes as thanu says someday - you gonna be the one making others fret on a weekend :D
Hope you have a better weekend next week. Weekend to har week aata hai na :)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (3:10 AM) : 

Hey girl,

Hope it's not going too bad... so what if you can't step out? Sometimes it happens... but there's always email! Send me a holler if you like! :)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (10:00 AM) : 

hey Ray
i can understand wat u r going thro..sometimes ppl can such A** H*** ..vent all u want sister..i hear ya
hope atleast the expts that u have planned for the weekend goes well so ur next week starts well
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:53 AM) : 

# Gi!

Its Ok buddy:)

#Aria,
Yes! Weekend hamesha aata hai..there are going to be wonderful weekends and this was just a dark one..:)

#Vik,
Egg-jhaktly!So here I am all set to go to the lab now!

#Sash,

Shaan bought a smile to my face also:-)

#Jeens,
Yes, I hope! I have a new challenge thats awaiting me and I am all set to pursue that. My boss wrote to me "Do you think you will be able to write that review paper in a month??? I just replied, "Yes, I think I can"..

So, yes! am all set gurl! Things such as this will never deter me! That was just a moment.

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (2:51 PM) : 

hey ROS
i hear ya
rock on girl :)
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (5:03 PM) : 

hey, hope saturday blues are all over by now. Count me in to to count the 250K anyday. Since u had to work on saturday take wednesday off. Will do wonder for ur soul.

-thanu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:17 PM) : 

# Thanu,

Saturday rocks:-) Thanks to the music blasting in the lab on the weekend:0
Its a crime here for a grad student to not show his face in the campus on a weekday:(

# Czar,

Hey!thanks for hopping in:) Just tullied on coffee and thanks to my friends, we are having a blast tonite:) So thats an added motivation for me to wind up work!!

Well, keep visiting:-) Though, I don' assure lot of goodies, here:D

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (4:15 AM) : 

It's hard enought to make a choice... if holding by it seems harder, still hold on..for if u dont...u'll need to do the hardest thing...make a choice again..

That's my law

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:22 PM) : 

Phoenix!
Gurl well said:) After all there is an elastic point for everything in universe! Couldn't have said better!

 

So you were saying....