Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 24, 2005

Me,myself in my own words

One of my very good friends over here, said that she does not know much of me, despite having read my blogs..So. well..Here is an attempt to paint a picture of me..never done that..and I am going to pen down 50 facts about me:) So gurlie, this ones just for you!

Here goes: Ms.ROS who is a typical cancerian
  1. Has been a vegeterian all her life without accidentally eating meat in any form
  2. Binges on 'Tiramisu' in Italian, 'Puran polis and jalebi' amongst Indian and 'Baklava'in Greek
  3. Loves travelling but hates driving
  4. Is never bored
  5. Has talked on the phone continuously for 5 hours
  6. Can't live without hindi music,adrak-chai, friends and family
  7. Sleeps less and thinks a lot
  8. Has friends right from Kindergarten years
  9. Can cook up a classy meal in 15 minutes
  10. Trusts easily
  11. Can never hurt anyone intentionally but gets hurt easily
  12. Keeps her house spik and span
  13. Beleives in destiny
  14. Serendipity is her all time favourite movie
  15. Thinks that the band MLTR has songs with the best lyrics
  16. Has not put on or lost a single pound in 2 years
  17. Loves wearing Indian outfits to american malls and lab on the weekends
  18. Can never grow nails
  19. Indulges in junk jewellery and clothes but cannot stand perfumes, at all
  20. Thinks that men in black T-shirt and faded blue jeans look 'WOW'
  21. Never eats frozen food, except for peas and french beans, of course
  22. Can relate to people and maintain friendships forever
  23. Thinks that 'Pehla Nasha' in Hindi music and 'Nothings gonna change my love for you' in english are the most romantic songs
  24. Travels by buses, local trains, eats at Udipi, relishes Bombay Pani puri and Pav Bhaji and never drinks Mineral water, after going to India
  25. Thinks that 'Marine Drive' and 'Band Stand' in Bombay are the most beautiful place on earth,despite having travelled to many places in US as well
  26. Considers 'New Orleans' to be the most extraordinary place in US
  27. Knows the lyrics to atleast 200 hindi songs by heart
  28. Has an immense capacity to love
  29. Is very impatient and restless
  30. Always wanted to be in the field of Pharmacy right from 8th grade
  31. Has never slapped anyone
  32. Can never manipulate others
  33. Can adapt to situations easily
  34. Beleives that freedom comes with responsibility
  35. Considers sarcasm as a big turn off
  36. Thinks that Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble are assets to Indian team
  37. Is bad at learning new languages
  38. Can never sulk for long
  39. Thinks that women look pretty with a smile on their face and twinkle in their eyes
  40. Loves pink tulip buds
  41. Has never played with dolls
  42. Is always well dressed
  43. Is very spontaneous
  44. Still eats "Amul Butter" and drinks "Bournvita" every day
  45. Never takes medicines
  46. Considers her height as her biggest asset
  47. Loves sunshine
  48. Has never read 'Mills and Boons'
  49. Is shy of public speaking
  50. Remembers birthdays

Comments on "Me,myself in my own words"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (7:11 PM) : 

48 and 50 very true for me too.. But I love driving. It was nice reading the list. See I know u a little better now. Hopefully u had a great Monday :)

-thanu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Hey Thanu!!
No! I drive coz I have to:)Thanks re..Just wanted to pen few more but it would be painful for the readers:))
Monday was not too good but its going to be good this whole week. He is gone for a wk:))Hows you??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Hey girl,

Hmmm... wow, a post just for me! I feel so flattered. Wow :)

Thanks, now I know a lot more! And yes, we're alike in a LOT of ways! :)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Hey ROS,

That's one informative list! :)

And yes, I too love travelling, but I can't drive at all! :O

Cheers!
Sayesha

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (7:31 PM) : 

West coast main Monday katam hi nahi hota. Still Monday evening ard 5.30. Can't wait for it to get over.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:42 PM) : 

#The one this list is for..

Smart gurl:)Well, you know you deserve it:)
Well, do tell me out of the 50, on how many counts are we alike:))

#Sash,
Hmm! I am well aware of your driving skills, honey:p
#Thanu,
Are start hote hi weekend planning start kar! It will fly in a jiffy:))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

//Well, do tell me out of the 50, on how many counts are we alike:))

3, 4, 5 (almost), 6, 7, 9 (almost), 10, 11, 20, 22, 23 (first half), 24 (second half), 27, 28, 33, 34, 38, 39, 43, 48

:)

 

Blogger vi said ... (10:52 PM) : 

ROS, Nice to meet you!!! Virtual Handshake!
Must say interesting person!

vi

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:12 AM) : 

#Vik

:p
Yes, I surely can, for a friend of my mine:)Well, glad that you read the 50:))

#The one this list...

20 out of 50..Voila!! Thats something...you must be my Kumbh ke mele mein bichadee huee behen:)
On a serious note..Glad to find someone who can trust people...just like I do:)
Wow..its worth making this list!

#Vi,
Thanks sweetheart:-) Virtual hugs for you:)

 

Blogger aria said ... (1:46 AM) : 

"Virtual handshakes from me too"

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (3:08 AM) : 

you seem to be normal, straight-forward and are a typical girl.

 

Blogger virdi said ... (4:38 AM) : 

hey lady added u... :-)

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (6:49 AM) : 

Typically a girl i would say!
:P
that's why i identify with a lot of them
but yeah it's nice to know more abt u

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (8:33 AM) : 

hey ROS
seems like iam the last one to comment this time..the late party stick has been handed down from bhole, to vi to me ..hehehehehe..
"nice to meet u ros"..so u r a cancerian..welll lot of my good friends are cancerians too..hehheheehehe...
so u missed saying one thing are u very possesive about u r family and friends????
one full week of no budda.."sigh" heaven..i have to meet with mine today...
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:47 AM) : 

#Aria,

Thanks dear:)

#Oye Virdi,

Welcome yaar! BTW, now we both vie for the 'me first'place on Sash's world:)) I have been reading your posts and laughing secretly:-)

# Z kid,

Abnormal kya hota hai? and typical ladki haun hai?

# Pradyot,
Gelatin is made out of pig bone marrow:( and of course, I have had capsules, but vegeterianism is a debatable issue and I call myself the same, coz..I dont eat cooked meat directly:D..

#Phoenix kiddo:)

Hmm...U are also saying typical gurl just like Z kid:)Wonder what being a typical girl is like!!

#Jeens,
hehe:) Hmm..protective I can say..:D

So you must a Libran or A scorpion??No way a gemini:))
Are nahi, Buddha is here:((( Happiness evades me..Sob sob`

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Pradyot,

Missed that WHAT..for 46, 31!

Yes, never played with dolls...Never owned a Barbie doll ever! I used to play kitchen-kitchen, gilli-danda, badminton and gulli cricket while growing up!

Re..Rahul Dravid..Coz he is as solid as a 'Wall' always dependable and man of crisis!
Kumble,coz he is not only good spinner that India has and who can also bat when need arises!Again..dependable!

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (11:13 AM) : 

loved ur list...u have been ignoring me...boo boo!!..

.thought u wud not talk to me unless i commented ...he he he lol.

..so here goes....well that def gives a insight..nice...damn nice...a lot of things..which personifies being a woman...things which are attributed to the spirit and are the hallmarks of feminity...

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (11:18 AM) : 

hey ROS
iam a scorpion just like Vi..hehehehe..it would be fun to see whose zodiac sign is wat in junta here ...:D
ohhhh..just when u think u can relax budda pops ups huh???
well hopefully he will be out of ur hair soon
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger vi said ... (11:23 AM) : 

So when is your b'day Jeenu? Mine is in the first half of november!

vi

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (12:01 PM) : 

yaar 'typical normal girl'.. wallah! there u have it.. how can i explain that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Wow....loved reading through those....you are quite insightful!It would be a good exercise to pursue...I once tried writing down all the polarities in my life....and to assign what place on a 1-5 scale...I stand on each of these polarities. It was an interesting exercise...not unlike...this one...for you. BTW...sorry....could not chat with you that day....ended up staying with the professor for a long time after the class.

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (1:26 PM) : 

hey Vi
mine is in the middle of november :)
so iam getting ready to give virtual bumps to Vi on her b'day..;)
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (1:41 PM) : 

vi humein nahin maloom tha ki tumhara janamdin aa raha hain...

subh kamnayein....aur Ray ko daawat ke liye bula rahein ho ke nahin....

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (1:46 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:02 PM) : 

# Nandu,

...u have been ignoring me...boo boo!!..

Hey Nandy, Naah..wasn not ignoring you, generally. My funda..Get angry and then get over it:)but do not remain that way!
So well, what are the hallmarks of feminity? There are quite a few who have said I am so-mucg-a-girl:)

#Z kid,
how can i explain that!
Saaf, sulabh shabdon mein:D

#Vi and Jeenu
The scorpio stings:)

# Nandu,

ROS does not mind any comment on the blog, as long as others leave the place, feeling good..and said in good taste:) I read that comment BTW..Me putting it back there:)So, well Jeenu Nandu is asking you out to Niagara:) You Diwali is going to rock:))Yeayyyy

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:04 PM) : 

#Freako,

I was wondering where you disappeared:)
yeah! I initially planned to write 27 things, then as I started writing I wannted to make it 50 and as I reached 50, I thought there were quite afew traits typical of me, that I missed:)
Re..Chat..No problem...I kinda get bored chatting these days..no time to devote..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:12 PM) : 

hey Jeens.

Check your yahoo mail:-)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (3:28 PM) : 

hey ROS
replied to ur email :D
well..as long as nandu is sponsporing the trip to niagra..i dont mind going there :))
and ROS
u cant find a better person to be friend than a scorp..we are very loyal :) are we not Vi.hehehehe..
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (4:10 PM) : 

hey jeens..

check ur yahoo mail...


wait i dont have ur yahoo mail..nor ur address....now how in the world am i supposed to stalk u ...or rather send u the ticket ...ahem !!!....now u can email me at

pyscho@rampiyari.com

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (7:30 PM) : 

Holy molly :)

That was some list :)

Marine Drive and Band Stand....you know what happens there (behind the rocks ;)), don't ya? :)

Bhole

 

Blogger vi said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Yes Jeenu, we are nothing if not loyal! (Apne mu mia mitthu!!!! :)
Jeenu you might want to write a list similar to Rays outlining scorpio qualities :P...or if the prof is keeping you too busy I will oblige :P
See ROS, kitna inspire karti ho hamen!

Nandyaji, aapki shub kamnoa ke liye shukriya...(and no, i write more then one-liners!)

vi

 

Blogger radiohead said ... (11:18 PM) : 

nice intro .. i think theres much more to this INDIAN GIRL then these 50 mere lines. They r just the starting lines of u biography na ;) ....

Yo MLTR has very nice lyrics .. hadnt watched serendipity ... but its on lan .. will see it after 5 mins .. and its nice tht ur still DESI ... and wht else ... there r still lotsa questionns in mind ..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:38 PM) : 

#Jeens,

I know, my roomate in Shreveport, was and still remains a faithful friend..she is a scorpion as well..And also, water signs connection, they call:-)

# Nandu,

I tried logging on to rampiyari.com and making an a/c there, but it says I don't meet their criteria:( They say, they want a person who has a damaged frontal cortex:D

# Bhole,
hehehe..Shhhhh! its precisely that I like the place..in hustle bustle of Mumbai nagri, people still find their 'own place':)

#Vi,

Nandya ji is 'vying' for Jupiter these dayz..lol!

#Anuj,
Are to fir aa gaya:)Are haan..If I write an autobiography..it would be titled..Meree kahani meree zubani:)So, well I am like an onion skin..gets deeper and deeper:) Shoot any questions that you've got!

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (12:06 AM) : 

hey..wonderful insight...
Knows the lyrics to atleast 200 hindi songs by heart
So can we assume you sing well too?

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:13 AM) : 

#Parth,

Hell no!! Dint you read..Shy in front of people??:)
I can sing for myself and in shower..thats it:)) and I do that all the time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

Wow...really liked reading about you. And Serendipity is my favorite too! :-) Haha. We romantics :-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Hershey,

Heheh:) Thanks gulie:) Its great to be a romantic..makes you beleive that life is pretty too:)

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (8:43 PM) : 

Am literally a newbie to this blogs...."I really donno, if it matters, a compliment from me... "Very nice..."

 

So you were saying....