Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Word of Caution


Two girlfriends, working in the same place and both PMSing at the same time.

Do I need to write more??

Everything about each other bugs them.

Suddenly, they get on each other's nerves!

One finds comfort in listening to Bhangra, the other girl finds the bhangra beats annoying for her current mood.

One listens to Jagjit Singh's voice to keep the blues away, the other girl thinks listening to him makes her nostalgic.
One watches DDLJ, the previous night and the other watches Hum Tum, both of them are still in hangover from those movies.
Resulting in a typical convo such as :
Girl 1: Mujhe rona aa raha hai, pata nahi kyun
Girl 2: Kal mujhe bina matlab ke ghar ki yaad aa rahee thee
Girl 1: Tujhe pata hai, kal mujhe Raju ne kaha ki you are having that constipated look on your face..Boooo...(cries)
Girl 2: Tujhe pata hai, Raju ne mujhse poocha ki why am I looking so hyper, as if I am going to pounce on others..Booo(cries)
Both come to a conclusion....
After all men they are...
Guys you need to understand..you may call us Eternal PMSing one or whatever, but there are just these days, that I suggest you do, when you realize that she is behaving all wierd!
  • Do not intrude on certain territories, please let the girl JUST BE
  • Dont make any rude or sarcastic remarks, which will rebound on you
  • Do not pass any comments on her looks and DONT tell her that she looks SICK
  • There are times, when she just wants to cry for no apparent reason, if you cannot give her a Kleenex, JUST STAY AWAY
  • And Please for God's sake dont dismiss her as a Cry baby!

This would do wonders for the female species.

***Names Have been changed****

Comments on "A Word of Caution"

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:56 AM) : 

@Anon! During those times, you start talking to "Spams":( coz they dont have a ear and they dont listen to our catharsis!

Tell me, how to repair a car..Dont ride a bicycle here!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Well, CZar..

The best part is all this is part of the package of being in the US of A..Never happened in India:(
Maybe it has to do with being around with people who induce stress and the stress of being in this Country!Where people exactly know how to piss you off!! and beleive me guys here never realize!that something is happening!

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (12:09 PM) : 

ha ha ha.....this is so funny....ok i will get back on this after i am back from my meeting

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (12:40 PM) : 

I dont intend to start the girls vs boy fight here but
like czar said if girls are having the pms syndrome expressed it simply..it would make it easier for the guys as well as for themselves...
i also understand what you said that stress doubles now specially being seven seas away, all by yourself..with other issues to tackle as well...and then to top it all "being misunderstod by guys"...
I guess simple communication would ease off some worries..

LOL @ "tell me how to repair a car, don't ride a bicycle here...

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (1:14 PM) : 

hey ROS
my sympathies gal..i know how u feel..esp i miss having my mom making me feel better..sometimes i call her during those times..just feel like someone cares u know :)
anyways when it comes to guys..i dont think they are good in figuring out stuff like we gals are..so i dont expect anything supportive from most of the guys around here...i try my level best to tune them out ...but still there are some of them who are nice and they understand..but believe me it is very few in number...
Hersheys chocolate always makes me feel good at these times..may be time to bring out the sweet tooth gal :D
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Layfield said ... (2:26 PM) : 

>>Two girlfriends...
Don't think this is a nice way to start...

And what's with the pic...?

And I'll keep those tips in mind.

*Leaves sadly as he cannot understand Hindi*

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (4:08 PM) : 

well ROS sweetheart....my sympathies...and a big hug ....frankly its hard for a guy to tell...i mean he has no clue whatsover....and if she starts acting irritable then u know to back off and not trouble her...but at times like these...just sharing that thought can tell the guy to be more sensitive...and i am sure many wud not laught it off...and rather give u the pampering / or the space whatever u need ...

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (5:18 PM) : 

ROS dont worry...i wud have thrown the spoons and plates right back at you....lol...i can picturise it..we two would make such a nice couple !!


reminds me of that Hawkins Pressure cooker ad...where the postman is out by the door and the lady of the house is throwing all the Kadhai and all...

hillarious...

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (6:17 PM) : 

She once told me about it and also told me the date range. Everytime she was cranky or snap at the smallest of things.....I knew. But again, unless we are told we won't know about it....after all we are human too.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Oh Prady!
Dont dismiss it off as "bad memories"..Poor girl she, whoever she maybe:P

Hey Sheela!
Welcome gurl! I absoultely and truly agree with you, unless you have the same anatomy, guys would never understand the pains and pleasures of being a woman:)

Nandu!
Awwwwwww...Tu mujhe plate se maarega??:((((
I remember the scene in Salam Namaste, when Arshad Warsi says his wife throws all the biscuits at him or something:)

Dont worry..mera Corelle plates are most dear to me:p

Bhole,

Awww...I prefer not to remember the dates:(( when the toofan is about to come you get feel the sannaata:))

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (7:56 PM) : 

Haha! I was gonna post about PMS some time, but you beat me to it, girl! :P

Good one! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Lol...excellent post...could not help but comment. I think the best bet for guys under these conditions so as to avoid being skewered would be to just try and remember the usual dates....especially if she is your girl friend...and that way you would know when to expect it and hide in the flowerpot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

I have never been able to separate 'those' days, from what I usually am most of the time....:-P. Hahaa

Someone tell me I am wrong.
:-)

 

Blogger silverine said ... (7:52 AM) : 

*applause*

That was wonderfully written. All we gals want is to be left alone with our mood swings. As you rightly said, if you cant hand out the Kleenex, then leave us be.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:35 AM) : 

# Sash!

You should churn out something about it.. I am sure each girl must have her own tale:)

#Freako!

Food for thought, I must say:)

#Prady,

Tough position!
Well, the girl must be expecting you to take her out for movie and when you said you could cancel it..you landed in soup:p

#Harshi

I am telling you, you are wrong:)
You can't be that way whole of month..I will probably die:D

#Hey Silverline
Thanks girl:) That applause me likey:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

hahahaa...:-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Hershey,
:D..What does that roar of laughter signify;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

ROS...bas aise hee :-))

Funny laga, jo tumne bola :-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:46 PM) : 

hehhee..Glad someone find my Phunyyyyyyyyy..BTW, me very happy tode:)

 

So you were saying....