Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 30, 2005

All on one saturday

The post is kinda incoherent, as there is no link between the two parts. All that I can say about them is what happened in 'one single day'...
Part I (First Half of the Day)
Saturday dawned and I managed to catch some 3 hours sleep and rushed to the lab early at 7:00AM. Finally, I managed to write ONE PAGE of that marathon paper that I have been contemplating writing for a long time now! Hushhhhhhhhhhh
Our lab members behave like one dedicated lot on weekends.
So, we were having our usual dose of "Fast Tracks" playing on the computer.
All of us busy in their own work, when this "Aashiq Banaya Aapne" was playing in the background, when the least unexpected persons "My Boss" walks in through the door!!!! Best part is, I was the one swirling to the music with a micropipette in my hand..and Jas..singing out aloud just like Himesh Reshammiya! It was funny to watch his expression.
I mean, its OK..to listen to music n all that but not that loud that everyones peace of mind is disturbed.
He was actually amazed to see us so much engrossed and actually enjoying whatever we were doing:)
Well, sometimes, I think people should be given the right kind of environment in order to flourish and be productive.
Part II: Later Half of the day
Back from the salon and both, me and Jas got ready to attend our "Diwali Bash" at Gaurav's place. We looked our best and were feeling real enthusiastic about the event.
It was 6:15 PM, when I was driving to get there.
Did not know, I was going to get the greatest shocks of my life. To feel how it would be to escape an accident. Sometimes, when I am driving and if there's someone who is sitting next to me in the car, I get so engrossed in the conversation that I kinda drive less cautiously.
This "saamne wala Gadi" was driving at 10 miles less than posted speed lilmit of 35 miles! That just irritates me. I know,. I should be patient and all that...but when you actually see someone driving at snail speed, and when you cant honk, you just change lanes!!
Thats precisely what I did.
Little did I realize that not looking at your 'blind spot' can cost you your life. I was almost about to be hit by an SUV driving at a speed of almost 45 mph. I got a jolt and stayed back in my lane. I know, I would probably not have got killed or anything, but then who knows, anything can happen in fraction of a second. At that given instant, all sorts of thoughts filled my brain spaces..What if, this was my last diwali??. What if I get crippled? What about family?
If nothing, my poor car would have got smashed:(
Thank God, nothing like that happened and I reached Gaurav's house and had the best diwali celebration during my entire stay in US.
Now, I am here lighting 'diyas' at my home.
Anyhow, am trying to finish this piece of writing for almost 12 hours!
Party updates later

Comments on "All on one saturday"

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (1:15 AM) : 

me first :)
lol @ the lab fun...
hey glad to know you reached safely...
such incidents on the road are an eye opener
have a nice and safe diwali...
looking forward to more updates :)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (3:14 AM) : 

Omg ROS! Be careful on the road okay???? Okay?????? Okay????????

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (7:38 AM) : 

hey ROS
Whenever i used to speed my papa always told me "better late than never"
drive carefully dudette :D
waiting for u r "spirit"ful diwali party account :D
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:19 AM) : 

#Parth,

:)Yeah, absolutely..Wish you the sane as well:)

#Prady,
Ya! I agree on that one..Wow! we are not allowed to put on headsets during seminars or classes:(It is offensive!
#Sash,

Yea, my dear I will!!Things like this like Parth said, are always an eye-opener:)
#Jeens,
You papa is so right!! Now, I take that advice as well!

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (9:37 AM) : 

ur a gandi bachi if u drive like that!
bad bad bad!

 

Blogger aria said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Aww .. Too many distractions eh ?
Thats why - I try not to talk to the person whos driving.
I'm a pathetic driver myself.
Do take care n drive carefully!
Happy Diwali.
Waiting for the party update.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:21 AM) : 

# Z

No! I don't drive like that USUALLY. In two years of my driving experience, I have never found myself in such a sitaution!

#Aria,
Happy Diwali to you, as well:) Hope you have a safe Diwali as well:)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Prady,

LOL@"To make me sit through boring seminars and classes is offensive"

I wish they legalize it in US:D

#Vik,
Turning around..yeay..but then, I always stand a chance of hitting the saamne wala:)))

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (1:54 PM) : 

:).....will be careful while driving in omaha...will be on the lookout for YOUR CAR......:)))

me on the edge rightnow....loaded with caffeine and nicotine....

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Nandu,

Its a white Nissan Altima with sun roof and rear spolier.The only reason, why I bought it:)

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (6:30 PM) : 

ROS - Be careful....learn from your mistakes...drive carefully.

You guys work too hard...7.00 AM on a saturday in the lab :)

Bhole

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

Hey ROS..I know, it's so scary isn't it!! Sometimes, even if we are aware, we don't realize it at that particular moment, and lo and behold! Stay safe, take care.

 

So you were saying....