Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 11, 2005

One attempt to get the funky look


So, today we have a Mix-n-Match party at Sneha's place.

We got to dress up as funkily as possible:)

Well, for a girl like me..who has never worn anything out of the way, whose jeans are always pressed, whose earrings always match with her outfit...this one does seem like a marathon task!!!

I don't remember wearing anything funky, so far in my life:(

I don' t have a torn pair of jean nor do I intend on tearing any of my jeans for this purpose:))

Well, so today is the day and this is what I have come up with. I hope I don't end up looking awful:p but then who cares???


A long ghagra types Pink skirt teamed with
A Bandhani kurta
teamed with a
Baatik Dupatta
Accesorized with
Jhumkas
&
Lots of Bangles
I was thinking of wearing "Sports Shoes" beneath that
But then, even I wont be able to look at myself in that avatar:O
Ha!! I can only imagine being dressed this manner:))
Quite fascinated with Rani's "Babli image;)
For a change, Instead of discussing how well we should dress for an event, we were making plans of how we can get that female "Govinda"look:))
After all, not all the time , you want to move around in that "perfect appearance" of gelled and combed hair and everything how it should be:))

Comments on "One attempt to get the funky look"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Me first, pehli baar! :-))

What a fun concept....for a fun friday!! :-) I like ur 'funky' outfit. Have fun ROS!!

Yeaah....Babli toh mujhe bhi yaad aa gayi :-) Sneakers? Hahahaaa..

U r right! Sometimes, it's so great to break away from everything 'matched n proper' and get out of the box and experiment. I like to take some risks too, but not too out of the way. I have the tendency to dress real proper, but I also have this creative side that I like to explore.

Tell us how it goes ok??
:-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Hey Guys!

Am in a hurry..friday meeting to tackle in 5 mins:(((

Oye, I said i wanted to look funy that Ugly..and Rani in Bali's image rocks..so thats what my intention is "To rock the party":))

I have loads of pic to upload anyways:))

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Gosh Typos!!!

I said I wanted to look "Funky" and not "Ugly" Gosh!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (3:06 PM) : 

funky concept...
the people (strangers) you bump into enroute to Sneha's place will have their share of laughs when they see you...

will wait for the pics :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

YES YOU DO...ONE ALWAYS SEEKS TO LOOK PRIM AND PROPER!
No...client today...sabko bhaga dala!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (4:42 PM) : 

#Hershey,

Yeah! me too..but then, I never experiment with my hair anytime..:))

#Czar,
Beleive it or not, I have never dressed for Haloween:(
And like I said, don't want to look SCARY:))

#Oye Parth,

Come on..you think I will be walking to Sneha's place, huh!

Are the ladka party is having some wierd dressing ideas, will have to see what they actually end up wearing:))

#Freako,

What I do?? I din't get your comment:(

One always seeks to look prim n proper, but its nice to surprise people and yourself. You might end uop looking your best, ever:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Lol...!!!

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (7:25 PM) : 

That is a great concept for the party. Hope u had loads of fun.

-thanu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:00 PM) : 

Freako!
When people dont have anything to say, they say "Lol":))

Thanu!!!
The party has not yet started:)
me ready and looking killer..nice Shiv sena color teamed with halka fulka pink color:))

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (8:15 PM) : 

Naah your costume sounds still "too safe" to me.

I'd recommend a ghagra with a graffiti T-shirt, a rajasthani shoe in one foot and a sneaker in the other, watches on both hands, one pair of sunglasses over your hair, and another over your eyes, and oh, two bindis, one over each eyebrow.

Now you look GOOOOD! :D

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (9:29 PM) : 

I laughed out loud reading Sayz's comment. It is all the more funnier when u imagine ROS with 2 bindhi's over each of her eyebrows.

-thanu

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Oye Vimmi Saluja :)

Yea, i agree with Sayesha.....there is nothing funky in your dress.

Reminded me of junior college days...we used to have all sorts of days....Tie & Saree day.....Rose Day....Friendship day...traditional day :)

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Do send me a pic ;)

 

Blogger vi said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Hi Ray,
Seems like a perfectly nice way to dress to me ;)
yeah me too (send the pic that is!)

vi

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:50 AM) : 

Hey No!!

I ended up looking quite funky:) In fact, Sash I did sport two bindis above my brows:)) See, I read your mind:D

I did not wear sneakers nor Rajasthani mojdee, wore a still-a-toe:)) and ended up looking taller than any guy around:))

Thanu,

Imagine, when I actually send you the pics;))

#Bhole,

Now whats Vimi Saluja??
Wait until I get the pics, baby:))

#Dear Vi,

Ok! so you are back from hibernation..Where were you???How have you been?

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (5:57 AM) : 

I want pics toooooooooo!!!!!! :O

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (11:05 AM) : 

i want pics toooooooooo!!!!

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Vimmi Saluja was Rani's name in Bunty and Babli :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Sash, Nandu!!

Pics aane de baby:p

Bhole,
Ummm....Thanks..mera memory thoda weak ho gaya tha:)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:41 PM) : 

Prady,
Read my next blog:D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Diazepam cocaine buy valium online Interaction wellbutrin zoloft Voice over ip telekommunikation dienstleistungen sachsen Clomid 50m cd 2-6 Tapering+off+zoloft

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Rhinoplasty about acyclovir chronic fatigue syndrome Long term usage of klonopin ways to remove acne scars

 

So you were saying....