Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Those times with a roommate

Tommorrow is K's big day. K has been everything for me in US. My friend at LSU, where I first stepped my foot on, here.
Never can I find a person such as her, who has been honest with me on every count. We are as different as can be, but we were the best of roommates and greatest of friends.
We did have our share of misunderstandings. Despite that, we were like a family to each other. She studied in BITS and I never stayed away from home before coming here. Naturally, our wants were different. We grew out of our differences and now our friendship has stood the trying times and Touchwood! still going strong.
I think you got to be really lucky to have good roommates.
I remember the time, when she was taking her qualifying exam and I cooked for both of us, day and night for an entire month's time. After she passed with flying colors, she gave me a Thank You card that said "I could not have made it without you. You know the way to my heart is through my stomach"
These words echo in my mind, every time I lose that strength that keeps me going. Its a great feeling when you know there re friends out there who appreciate the person in you.
Its just a card, although for me its like words written on sands of time. A time which brings back memories of good and bad times spent with your first family away from home on foreign shores.
Funny part is, amongst the both of us, I have always been vocal and she being a tough scorpion would never ever say out things.
We still understand each other and even though, we have not met in two years, still talk like we were never away from each other.
So tommorrow is her yet another big day.
A big day in the life of a PhD student, her Comprehensive Proposal Defense and her birthday on the same day.
How I miss being with her.Incidentally, she was my first and last roommate.
I just talked to her and all she said was "I need your prayers, to take me through my big day tommorrow"
I dont know why I am feeling nervous, why there are knots in my stomach?
Maybe I am imagining myself in that position.
I would have been doing my proposal, had I continued with my PhD over there. I don't regret my decision of moving out of there, but you kinda wonder about that lost year.
Sigh! Mirror mirror on the wall, why do I cry at all?

Comments on "Those times with a roommate"

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (10:23 PM) : 

hmm...
ya it happens but like i read on virdi's blog
"Life hai yaar"
I am miss my roommate and other friends from school too...but then you have to move on..go visit her sometime soon...
and ya wish it goes well for her tomorrow...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

Thank you ROS dear for all those kind words. I really don't deserve it but shall accept it :D.

Thank you for your wishes too :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Wow, Defence and Birthday on the same day. I wish your friend the best ROS. Hope she gets to celebrate her birthday in the best of spirits.

And you are right. Great roommates are such a blessing and perhaps rare. Of all my previous roommate experiences, only one is fondly remembered. Rest all gave me a proper scare! :-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:01 PM) : 

# Parth!
Are nahi..I miss her at this point:) and am sure she will do a fine job:)

#Someone disguised as Kripa!

I know my dear! This is not my Kripa. Coz she very well knows she deserves it:p

And please come up with your own id even though you don't have the audacity to reveal your true self.

#Hershey,

Heheh.Lol @ proper scare!
Thanks girl. Shall send her your wishes as well..All in one package.

 

Blogger virdi said ... (1:07 AM) : 

roona kabhi nahi rona... chahe toot jaye koi khilauna...

V..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:10 AM) : 

ARe Virdi praji!

Hum to abhi ice cream kha rahe hain:)
I know, I know motee ho jaooongee:))

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (1:57 AM) : 

very sweet post

 

Blogger virdi said ... (2:00 AM) : 

the guy who was doing mischief on Priya's blog mailed me... he says he didnt delete her blog... see the mail here

we were able to stop atleast one guy...

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (2:11 AM) : 

Would you be my flat mate next year?

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (2:19 AM) : 

Though adjectives are simple, we cant express some of the infintely meant words like "friend", with out 'em,
Best, Intimate,Trustworthy,
and what not..., certainly 'ey can't eloborate how 'ey can button down a true friend...

Oops!! its all adjectives whirling around...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 AM) : 

:)

My exams are comin up... would u be my roomie???Puhleaseeee..;)

 

Blogger aria said ... (5:47 AM) : 

Well .. somehow this is wht I hv missed in life - I hv had friends(barring just one guy!) only for a brief moment n then we lost touch or interest. I assume, friendship takes a new dimension when we are away frm family .. n I hvnt had many such expereinces. So this is one topic where I stumble ..
Hope all goes well for your friend and I think both of you are lucky to have found something so special in your friendship.

 

Blogger aria said ... (5:54 AM) : 

Rays .. Just read other blogs n comments.
For fountain of forgiveness I'd said something .. hmm .. I don't know - I have been on the receiving end so many times - did I forgive them? NO I didn't but I couldn't do anything for revenge.. didn't want either .. heh I thought thts the best punishment I could give some1.. do not forgive! (kiddish .. I know)
Btw .. hope your tooth is better.
Take Care

 

Blogger Priya said ... (9:28 AM) : 

@virdi - u are stud man.. u nailed the prankster! :)

..p..

 

Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Good luck to your friend!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:20 AM) : 

#Phoenix!

Thank you!

#Virdi,
Wonderful man!! Me playing the pungi and Sayesha doing the dance (Victory dance) for Priya and you!! Any one in??

P.S:- Read the letter and found his reasons quite absurd.

#Sash!
Anyday..we will have the party every day then:) Kya boltee??

#Rik,

Deep:)


#Rinku!

I second that, girl!! Lucky you too!!

#Jaguu,

Welcome to my "life":)

Hey, you are a new enrant, still have to go through the screening process:)))

P.S.Good luck for your exams!!1

#Prady!!

Bulls-eye:)
If people are too similar to each other, they just repel:)
Yeah! she just started with her defense.

#Aria!

Well, you still got tons of years in front of you and am sure, a day would come when you will not part with that friend. Even I never imagined living with roommates. If I was in India, I would not have got that opportunity and frankly speaking, I never wished for that either:)
How about not doing anything?? Thats the best punishment you can give, aint it?:))

I fixed that cap, re..donno its a temporary thing but its working...

#Priya!!

Wow!! see everything falls back in its place...Party time...

#Kroopz!
Thanks gurlie:)

 

Blogger aria said ... (11:20 AM) : 

"How about not doing anything?? Thats the best punishment you can give, aint it?:))"

Exactly Rays, thats why I said .. I don't forgive n don't do anything for revenge. I guess - When they say - revenge is a dish best served "cold" thts wht they mean - just be cold!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Aria!

I think, all the while we were saing the same thing, in different ways:)

 

Blogger aria said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Hehe thts the fun of communication sometimes .. :D
Waiting for your next post :)

 

Blogger vi said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Oh Rosie
Nice post! All the best to K!
Ros, you seem like an idea roomie!

vi

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (1:10 PM) : 

hey ROS
we cant forget the first roomies.:D well girl u know wat they say whatever happens happens for the best...so hopefully u r friend will clear her defense and u will in due time clear urs too.."do u r best god will do the rest"
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Guys! Yeah she cleared..and it went great:) Cool na...

Vi-Ideal roomie..Over to K:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Great to hear that ROS! Party time!

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (2:04 PM) : 

ROS - Will you be my room-mate? :D

Good luck to your friend. Reminded me of the day i defended my thesis. :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Hey Hershey,

Yeah! I feasted on "Tiramisu". Meanwhile, K is happy with her new gift, given my her fiance..An Ipod Nano:)

Bhole,

Dekhoongee, sochonnogee, kal parsaon kuch kahoongee:))
Why dont you blog about that day?? Would be fun to know:)

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (6:30 PM) : 

ROS - Theek hai main intezaar karonga :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:17 PM) : 

#Sheels Baby!

Awww! I dont want my frenz to leave my "life" with tears in their eyes:(
I write these stuff, when those pearlies flow from my eyes, not to create a flood:(

Pleasheee smile...itne mote mote ansoon, acche nahi lagte..See, dont cry coz you never know whos falling in love with that smile of yours:)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:18 PM) : 

OOps Bhole,missed your comment...

Hehehe..Intezar karega it seems, by that time tere ghar mein already koi "permanent roomate" aa jayegee;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 AM) : 

Ipod Nano......Oooh....she is soo lucky! :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

This is very interesting site...
Virginia divorce law attorneys Ink cartridges for lexmark z605 printer Mazda rx9 comparison product tooth whitening Ice drink machines Dental hygiene tips Opalescence+teeth+whitening poker run Leadership seminar search Hot tub rooms in colorado Fairfield ca veterinary 401k federal law rollover ira week Biotest supplements official website 100 financing with low credit score

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Bathtub caddie Toric contact lenses for dry eyes Dress maternity red Relief for severe back pain Awning portable Blackjack mountain Online highschool math classes Conair ion dryer Acura tsx lease Antivirus web radar detector jammers http://www.onlineprescriptionantidepressantmedication.info Jobs us goverment Shemales fucking men movies side effects of zyrtec

 

So you were saying....