Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blissful first snow

The snow in my apartment balcony.



I opened my eyes this morning to the first flakes of snow.
The feeling was awesome. The green grass was covered with carpet of snow flakes, so fragile and so impressionable and giving a feeling that you have just been kissed.
I am not very fond of snow and the winter, considering the fact that you have to devote special half hour in the morning to get decked up.
Wearing the jacket, muffler, scarf, mittens and 10 mins for the car to start. The same 7 minute drive to school takes me more than 20 minutes and what not.
Plus, we don't see sunshine for a prolonged period of time.
As said by John Ruskin "Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather"
Well, it is always better to be in a happier state of mind, no matter what the weather is rather than hopelessly craving for the sunshine.
Unless you have gloomy days, you will never know what bliss sunshine provides:)
So here, I am relishing the first flake of this arctic weather.
The first rainfall, the first snow & the first ray of sun after a gloomy day provides so much happiness that person like ROS becomes poetic:))

Comments on "Blissful first snow"

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (11:18 AM) : 

yay
iam the first to comment
yeah gal i agree first snow of the year is the best :D
enjoy urself
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Hey jeens baby!

Wow, after a long time you have posted first:)

Hows ya work? I have a long day today and my buddha isnt here yet:)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Wos, is that snow by ur Window? Snow looks so pretty. CA main snow woh kuch ahi hota. Even today it is like 75.

-thanu

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (11:23 AM) : 

awesome...
enjoy yourself today...
smile :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Thanu!

Aww..You are welcome to share the awful weather with us here:( Its going to be like freaking 37 F for the whole week:(

BTW, are you getting to see snow at all, this year?

#Parth!
:)) Laugh chalega kya?;)

 

Blogger aria said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Sigh .. I havent seen snow ever :(
The picture is beautiful ..

Rays .. was stuck with some work but I enjoy reading all your posts .. mainly coz (apart from the fact tht you do write well!) you guys talk about places I have never been .. so I travel with the posts :D
I better don't vanish again coz had so much catching up to do :( For past 2 days I'm on a roller-coaster ride

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Hey Aria!

Thanks honey! I know I am not the best writers but I am anyways not writing for publishing:))

Don't worry, you will get to see snow someday..(I think)..and yeah! we can take you through a web ride to all the places..A virtual tour..Hop along girl!

P.S:- Just checked your updated post..it looks great as usual..Will comment later

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (12:04 PM) : 

i agree there's no bad weather... but somehow i still find sunshine very soothing... :D

im tellin u im agreein but u cud see me disagreein... kya karu yaar..

anyways

what skool you go to ??? i thot u were older...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Hi Rays Of Sun, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on course online photography I somehow ended up on your page. As your Blissful first snow is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about course online photography, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:55 PM) : 

# Z,

Hawwwwwwwww........BTW, what actually is the definition of "older" in your dictionary??

P.S- I go to Grad School..irrespective of your age, you still address the university as "Skool"..21 year olds ya 65 yr olds..all go to skool:)

P.P.S- That's why I call you "kid":))

P.P.P.S- I am 25 (if that is older, according to you)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:56 PM) : 

#Lighting photography!

Man! what a timing for spam! I know my photography sucks bug time, and thanks for the offer. Shall surely consider it:))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Booo to the snow and the sun...rainy weather is the best! Just kidding!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

The photography...lol....that bot needs to die!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Freako!

Hmmm...You share the weather with us:p

Viki!

The sunny day lasts for a day,
LA might have its gloomy day, someday after today:)


Aah! what a pathetic attempt at writing poetry:((

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Nope I never get to see snow ever. Unless I visit family in NY or Detroit. Snow is fun once in a while but, shovelling the drive way every morning ... not that fun.

Love my California, Mid Nov and temp is 75 degrees outside.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

That first sight of white is so breathtaking, it's true. Never lived in a snowy place though. Just used to a day or two of snow once a year. It's true there's beauty in every kind of weather.

Visions...of snow outside, christmas lights, hot chocolate, a nice fireplace, warm rugs, and plenty of good company are coming to mind :-)

PS: Once when it was snowing and I was experiencing it for the first time, I didn't know whether I was supposed to open my umbrella? lol

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (7:44 PM) : 

ROS!

Wow, its exciting to feel snow..
As vik said // I would be safe and warm if I was in LA...

Thats true with weather here in LA,, but, the whether here sucks..it never stays consistent..

Few days ago we had chillin 41..
Now its around 55-60.

U know??...lol!! how wud you know??..even we dint knew, that there wud be thunder storms today..

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (7:47 PM) : 

A cold wave is on its way...going to hit us on Thursday :(

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (9:04 PM) : 

are ROS abhi tak idhar snow nahin hua...its expected tommorrow...i hate damn winters...its going to be mine fourth one here...

first one was all exciting...the second i realised..how depressive it gets...i hate snow ...i hate WINTER...from the bottom of my heart...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:47 AM) : 

Thanu and Vik!

Always make me jealous:((
Enjoy the sunshine, honey!

Hershey,
wow..snow, no driving, sitting in cozy home sipping cocoa..wow ultimate bliss...just like having hot pakodas and chai in rainy days:)
Lolz @ opening umrella:)) that is funny..Girl you need to think og blogging..You are quite interesting!

Rik,
Ruston is what..40 miles from Shreveport..enjoyed the hot and humid weather there..80 F is much much better than below freezing point temps.

Bhole,
Stay warm:)

Nandu!

I see what you are saying. I do agree that i also get SAD at that time:(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Haan, just like pakodas and chai on a rainy day! :-) Thx girl, but nahi yaar I think I am quite boring :-)) Arre, itna kyon blush karati ho :-)

 

So you were saying....