Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The other half of my personality

Have you ever felt that some times, you want to be something and on some other occassions you contradict yourself??

A split personality?? Well, don't worry..I am not schicophrenic:))

As written by Robert Stevenson in "Dr.Jeckyl and Wicked Mr.Hyde" that a person can well be a combination of good and evil.

While, I do not think I harbor ill/evil feelings for anyone. But, the point here that I wish to address is that, on numerous instances when you feel you know yourself, just at some other time, you end up doing things which contradict your knowledge about yourself.

I find myself getting "spilt"on quite few times.

  • As much as I claim, I love being outdoors, when I am sitting at home the whole day today..I love being home!
  • As much as I claim that I love cooking, I can cook horribly when I am not in the mood.
  • As much as I claim that I sleep less, I wish to be on the bed all day long and feel how it feels to not do anything.
  • As much as I love "behaving myself" by not being loud or boisterous, I sometimes, wish to let go off that and giggle and break into laughter.
  • As much as I think I am quite girly in my dressing and behavior, I wish to just behave tomboyish. Beat up few gundas.
  • I love being with people, but sometimes, I just wish people would just let me be.
  • Love being cared for, but wish that there were times, when people just dont care what you do, what you eat, whom are you talking to..
  • Love my independance but want to rely on someone.
  • Love my space but I wish there was an intruder.
  • Knows where I am heading, but find myself lost at times.
  • I do not seek attention,but wish there was someone who gave me that extra attention.
  • A cleanliness freak, but wish to just scatter stuff on the floor at times.
  • Love being myself but wish to be like my mom.

Aah! I know I am sounding as confused as can be..but again this is the other half of my personality:D

I dont know, if its just me. Is there a second half to your personality as well??
When one half of you says something and the other half beleives in something else??

Comments on "The other half of my personality"

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Yep!! am the 1st..

//beat up gundas .. Lol!!

//split personality...I think u need meditation..

Any wayz..Nice post..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:42 PM) : 

E Rik!

What meditation.U think am gone nuts or what??

Viks!
Ok..another word..one says am insane and you say fickle:( I say am confused...
I think am all three:D

Anymore coming??;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 PM) : 

ROS---you r not alone! Nothing is wrong with you. You are "normal". I think we all have layers in our personality. We have so many facets which could be influenced by "other" factors at any given moment. It is not easy to "define" who we are sometimes. Add to that the change we go through over time. ROS, my dear, you are perfectly fine :-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:49 PM) : 

hershey,

After all, isnt it wierd, guys always read you in a plaindromic fashion:D

Hahah..
Anyhow, thanks for the reassurance:)

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (7:56 PM) : 

Nahi baba!!

Was jus kiddin...

I know, thats its jus a trivial post.

Sorry.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:58 PM) : 

Rik!!
Ab tujhe mera post trivial lagta hai..Hawwwwwww
:(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Well...a good question ROS. I believe that each of us have these parts within ourselves that may often have contradictory intentions. Also...if you are Jungian....you would also believe in the existence of personalities within you that have their roots in the collective unconscious...that you do not have any control over.
Using behavioral markers..is the most easiest way to look at these different parts within yourself...there are more enduring deeper ways too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

and yeah...i think its "schizophrenic"..isnt it ??

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (10:57 PM) : 

i sometimes hear a voice in my head...and at the same time i am talking something else..and that voice is asking me, goading me to kill the person in front of me.....preaching me...cmon i can do it...and i suddenle feel scared and alone...as to what am i doing...what if one day the voice takes over ...and i cannot silence it anymore.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

Haan ROS, bilkul :-))

I am with ya :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Lol...Nandya....hmm time to up your medication level!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Freako,

Thanks!! BTW< what type oe markers are these??

P.S-You are actually talking like a counsellor:) Good..You might find many patients here only:)))

#VK,
Yeah..I know..Sometimes, brain researchers can also make manual errors:D

#Nandya,
Oops! are Nandu..I can see the making of Nandu the daku here:) Dekh dont listen to that voce, ist just rambling like me:p

#Hershey,
Yeah!!

#Freako
Lolzz:)

 

Blogger Parth Anand said ... (11:08 PM) : 

hmm..
at times you want to do somethings that are so not you but then dont hold you inhibitions..let them down once a while...

if u feel like making a mess...do it..then the cleanliness side of you..would awaken and help you clean it..
if u feel like shouting and laughing loud...do it once a while..

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (11:30 PM) : 

//As much as I think I am quite girly in my dressing and behavior, I wish to just behave tomboyish. Beat up few gundas.

HAHAHAHAHA! That's so ME! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 AM) : 

:)


Dr.Jekyll : Awwww sooo true....Totally agree to it.

Mr.Hyde : How long did you take to think of this up?? (raised eyebrows)

Cheers!!

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (10:25 AM) : 

hey ROS
i guess we are all bundle of contradictions.:D
well i think u came out in the open and said that
here' to the tomboy , beating up gunda's gal
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:28 AM) : 

#Sheels,

Yes! it makes all the sense in world..coz at subconscious state, you still care??

#Parth,

Wow..thats was well said..So here I go making the mess and cleaning it myself:)

#Sash Baby..

Oh really?? Wow..But, one difference I thought that was quite striking: you have beat few already na??:D

#Jaggu,

Hmmm..How long?? An instant to realize:)
P.S-How did your exam go::D

#Jeens,

Wowo.You know that beating up thing will remain a wishful thinking..no gundas here:(

 

So you were saying....