Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 18, 2005

A pen in my hand-I



It all started when I was signing a bunch of greeting cards for K, during the seminar yesterday:)

I had three cards to send:

  • A card for her engagement, that took place on 5th september!
  • Her birthday card
  • A good-luck card

Well, 5th september is gone long back! What was I doing all this while?

Ever heard of "procrastinating"?

Yep, thats what I was doing.

Finally, I managed to send the cards on time. But, by fedex overnight express, so that it reached her by today!!!

If only, I could have done that long time back, at the time when it was actually needed, maybe much before that. On the day of the event, a good luck card ends up looking like a mere formality.

But, off late, I have realized that I go by "Ab kare so aaj, aaj kare so kal"

Which is so bad!

I hate behaving like this.

We lose out on many moments, days, months and years by postponing things. We wait for things to happen. For the time to come. But, time just flies by and you don't even realize the best time, just went past you.

Especially, when you have not been that way before.

I have known myself as someone who:

  • Did her homework on time
  • Never submitted an assignment late
  • Had all her lab journals completed and ready for submission
  • Someone who was regular
  • Had the greeting cards stamped and posted to reach the destination atleast 2 days before the event
  • Studied her stuff on just the day it was taught
  • Utilized every single day of her study-leave

Agreed, you get busy. This is not an excuse. Change is good, only if it is making you a better person. I dont like this change in me. I hate so much work accumulated in front of me, ready to be taken care of. I want myself to be the way I have always been. I do not want moments to pass me by.

Meticulous.

I am searching for the lost me.With a little effort in that direction, I will find myself.

Comments on "A pen in my hand-I"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

Meee 1st :-)

Hmm...hota hai ROS. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think we all procrastinate from time to time. Well, jo ho gaya so ho gaya. Self-correction is an ongoing process I think...

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (3:56 AM) : 

dont worry yaar
i can easily see something you're very regular with and thats yor blog! keep it up...

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (12:23 PM) : 

hey ROS
recognising that there is a problem u are half there already...so a little things here and there and u will be back o track gal..:D
anyways things like this happen so as harshi says dont be hard on urself
cheer up girlie
jeenu

 

Blogger aria said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Hey its weekend ..have a blast n look forward to the new week .. with a smile .. :)
Take Care

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Knowing is not enough, we must do. Willing is not enough, we must apply - Bruce Lee

I am sure you'll :)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (9:36 PM) : 

Baby, when's your birthday?

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (1:41 AM) : 

Ros!!

how do u do didi??
//myself as someone who: ...... Oops!!i think somthingz missing "Do rik's assignments too"..hehehe kiddin.,

It pains, waking up with some knock-knock in ur mind..and like,,Ooops!! I missed some thing...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:56 AM) : 

Oh Boy!

I was just procrastinating commenting on my own blog:)))))

Hershey,
Yeah, thats what I just ended up doing:(

Z baby,
Waah kya motivation hai...negative motivation always work, nai;)

Jeens
:)

Aria,

yeah..check my next post:p

Sheels,

Thats why I feel i should have been younger. No distractions and now keeping your heads on shoulders in midst if distractions is a trying period:(

Bhole,
Thanks, dear!

Sash,
2nd july.Kyun re?? Any astrology stuff kya;)

Rik,
Oye apna kaam khud kar:p
Knock knock..it happens all the time..:(

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (11:24 AM) : 

Nahin kuch nahin... ek hafte pehle remind kar dena ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

I love the way the skirt shows that fluid movement in that little girl's picture. I keep looking at that :-))

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:53 PM) : 

yeah..I like her too..Looking for a direction in life..is what it depicts to me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 AM) : 

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Antidepressant child buy generic effexor

 

So you were saying....