Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Harry hits again....

{Disclaimer: I am not doing a review on Harry Potter-Goblet of Fire. People would kill me and bury me right here on my blog, if I even mention anything about the movie}
So, today for the first time in yearsssssss, I watched the movie on the very first day, it was released!
I am a big Harry Potter fan and we were all excited to go watch the movie on friday night.
All dressed up, we reached AMC to get tickets for 9:30 PM show. Well, the theatre was running housefull, so we got tickets for 11:30 show. Well, considering the fact that Sneha being a die-hard fan of him, she would wait even if it was 2:00 AM. Anyhow, we went inside to check the crowd and Whoa! we were in for surprise.
I have never seen so many people at one time in Omaha. Now I know why you dont find people on the streets. Coz they are hiding in the theatres.
Can you imagine, people in America forming queues?? sitting on the floors of the theatre and lining up near the gate 2 hours before the show??
Well, this was the exact view.
It reminded me of Mumbai and theatres in Bandra where so many people were crammed in one place:))
It was amazing to see people dressed up as Harry and Hermione..hahaha..
Well, the 2 hours went by in a jiffy observing people and their wierd and nice ways.
First of all, when these amroos come anywhere, irrespective of the outside temperature, they would sip a diet coke with tons of ice in it.
Then next comes food..so junta over there, were pigging on nacho cheese. Now, the best sight was that of an obese woman eating cheese laden stuff along with a diet coke:)))
Then, there were US..bunch of desi chatterbox girls laughing away to glory and quite oblivious to the glare of our amroo junta:p
Exactly, next to us were a "couple" who were exact opposite of us. In fact, the topic of our discussion for 10 % of the time was, whether these "couples" were couples or not.
The girl and guy did not talk to each other for 95% of the time. Considering the general amroo teenagers who are quite boisterous, they looked a class apart:p
Anyhow, thats none of our concern, but nevertheless, we desis to tend to ogle around a lot.
Then, there were bunch of cute children. Man! more than excited, they were almost ready to go to bed. Wonder why parents can't bring those 4-5 year old kids at normal hours!!!
The movie started and went off until 2:15 AM. Harry was greeted with claps and whistles.Yeah, just realized that even in cinema halls here, people can enjoy:)
Well, like I said, this is not a review. Eventhough, I would like to add, that by the end of it..we were flipping our phones to check the time:D
Children were actually in dreamland and some were crying their hearts out.
But, Hermione stole the cake..She is so damn cute in the movie..
Well, all you Harry Potter fans,I am not revealing anything more.
I loved the book though:)
{P.S..There are better looking guys in Magic School, rather than Grad school:p}


Comments on "Harry hits again...."

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:54 AM) : 

#Czar,

Thank you for stopping by..

I wont tell anything about the movie, which yahan ka junta has also not seen.

But, it does not do justice to the book. Sorcerer's stone was the best..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (4:08 AM) : 

Czar,

Destination nahi,train ko yahan rok deeya gaya:p

Average according to me...:)

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (5:47 AM) : 

Now, the best sight was that of an obese woman eating cheese laden stuff along with a diet coke:)))

haha thats a nice 1!

nice outcinema description.

im not a harry potter fan so I cannot say anything else.

(yes.. only people who love harry potter are capable of said 'anything else')

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 AM) : 

First day first show!!

 

Blogger Layfield said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Books always make long movies. The Lord of the Rings:The Return of The King is around 3.5 hrs. It's got only 5% of the book in it.

 

Blogger virdi said ... (2:12 PM) : 

there was this kid next to me, who had his hands on his cheeks everytime harry did one of his great magic tricks.... and the kid clapped for 2 minutes at the end of the movie....

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Z,

Thanks yaar!! koi baat nahi..its not necessary people like harry Potter, only coz its hyped.

Freako!
Did u?? How did you find it?

Prady!
Yeah..I figured that out..there was this guy who was sitting next to me and when she came in an outfit that made everyone go Oomph! he just said "Man! she is sexy"! So well, cute ain't the right word:p

Yeah exactly, it all seems to crammed up just like a closet full of clothes...

Jetru!

Yeah!I see that..

Virdi!
Lolzz..Kids are funny..but its fun to watch them doing such stuff:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Gosh, ROS...I am so excited to see the movie you know! Just yesterday I was thinking of deciding to go catch it in the theater. As it is, I love being in theaters. And then Harry! I have always liked him so much. Infact, once I even thought I'd like to have a son just like him...utterly cute, with those glasses..hahaa. I love Hermione too. Although, not a fiction fan, I am nonetheless quite excited to continue to see this and get transported to the land of Magic :-)

PS: I know, isn't it interesting watching people :-) Although, can't believe Americans were sitting on the floor of the theater. Never seen that. But the first day is always so exciting. I love the anticipation and the charged atmosphere in a group :-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Hiya Hershey!!

Man..bulls-eye:)
I am not a fiction fan either, but Harry and Hermione aree too cute to resist!
I know...those round glasses look only cute on Harry:)
I do hope you are blessed with that son:) but are you willing to take all that tricks:)) Would be fun to see Hershey behind that guy who flies on brooms:)))
Also, have you observed Britisher's have an awesome accent..Hugh Grant and Kate Beckinsale for example!

Yeah!its wonderful to just observe people.face reading is fun:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Thanks ROS....hahaha I was laughing thinking about running after my boy flying on the broom....lol. Gosh, I think I'd need some help ROS...haha. But I could learn some tricks from him :-))

Oh, I love Kate Beckinsale. And that british accent :-)

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (4:54 PM) : 

hey ROS
agree with you on guys being better in the magic school ..
Awwww u went to see it on first day..wish i could do that :(
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Hershey!

Well, might be a very personal question..and beleive me it will be OK, if you dont answer..Are you married??

Hahaha..coz you were actually imagining your son flying on the broom:D

If at all, I think of my sons and daughter's I can only come up with their names:)) that too I am more than sure my better half would disagree to;)

I have no clue how they would look/behave:(

Hey jeens!!

Hmm..I know you are a big HP fan..Never mind..the contents of the movie are going to remain the same;)Its all the hype for first day..thats it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Hahaa...nahi ROS, I don't mind one bit. I am not married. Waiting for Abhishek Bachchan.......lol..

Hmm...interesting point ROS. I guess I haven't really "imagined" a kid as such, but perhaps I have imagined the "concept" of it more :-) Oh, me too....I have thought of names too. Hopefully he will leave the choice up to me
:-))

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:44 PM) : 

wow..even u think Abhishek rocks??
Well, doesnt he look wow in"One Love":)))

I think the choice should lie with you, (woman) coz they are the ones who bear the child and nurse it for 9 months!! Now, its not fair that the guy decides on the name:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

U know I missed watching "One Love" :-( I saw Rakht. Was it in there at the very end? The print was bad, and I know he came in at the very end. (I was waiting and waiting the entire length of the movie :-) And there was this one song with the closing credits? I gotta get a hold of that song.
I will be this close to the screen :-))

I love Abhi in "Chup Chup Ke" from BaB :-) It's such a lovely song too.

 

Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said ... (1:46 PM) : 

The movie is truly amazing. And Emma Watson is gorgeous!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Hey Hershey,

Umm..No re..One love in at the very beginning! yeah! he looked nice in B&B..Are why dont you watch it on Smashits Videos?? U have quite few songs over there..I watched this "Bheege honth tere"then,,hehhehehehee coz I wanted to know what the hype was all about:D

#Kroopz!!

Yeah, but it was scary for weak hearts like me:(

 

So you were saying....