Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

To my faithful shadow

Yet another friend walking down the aisle:)
How do I feel, may I say??
As of now..mixed feelings, of joy as well as bewilderment.
A confused state of mind.. Maybe its time for me to start remembering their anniversaries, instead of their birthdays:O
Mayura is the fourth one from a group of 7 people who is getting hitched (including me). Of course, one couple who recently got married were from the same group. But, even before that, me and Mayura were friends from 11th grade. So now, we have blisfully completed 10 years of a very peaceful friendship.
She remains special in numerous ways.
For the first reason, coz she is the only "girlfriend" with whom I never had any argument, disagreement or any sort of misunderstanding.
And that itself is a very big reason. In a world, where like poles repel each other, being together in the same field, in the same friends circle calls for a lot of scope for negative emotions as well. This, was never an issue with us.
This apart. This really delicate darling is quite opposite to me (yet again). The only one who calls me "Motu", coz she is way too thinner than EVEN I AM:O
She is really really pretty and who carries a mysterious aura with her. A girl who being in a big and boisterous group, hardly ever spoke. A girl whose "Cosmetics" Journal was more enticing than an actual "cosmetic". An artist who drew a designer "mehendi" in minutes. Someone, who was never hungry, loved ice-creams and who used to stop talking to any guy who "approached" her.
The way we get along is something that is remarkable. She and me live in the same city, travelled in the same bus and trains, belonged to the same friends circle and sat on the same bench, studied together & got in the same college for our M.Pharm, which I quit later on.
Well, funny that we ended up spending the maximum time with each other (minus the time that we slept in our respective houses).
Finally, she said "If I were to get married, the guy has to be like you, so that I do more of the listening job than doing the talking".
I still remember the first day of our "Professional Career". Stepping into our Pharmacy college. Well, we had only heard about ragging until then and did not know how it felt. So this girl, wore a "Violet"color dress and was walking down the hallway and when this senior asked her to come on the stage.
As usual, she got nervous.
When asked what the meaning of her name was? She uttered "Peacock".
Immediately, she was asked to dance in front of a class of 200 students, much to her embarrasment. She went cold and started crying. Hahaha..and when a girl cries, none will dare torture her:p
She escaped, but then she was forever called as "Ms. Catechol"[Catchechol violet is a dye].
Even now, she remains my "catechol"
Considering the fact, that she was reticent in the beginning when we just started getting to know each other, and when our association finally came to an end as "fellow travellers", she would never keep her mouth shut. Laughed whole heartedly and I am very happy that she metamorphosized from a coy girl to a girl who actually fell in love!
A phenomenon that she believed does not happen, and never believed until it actually did happen.
So, well on this day, when she actually is getting married, I am going on a rebound. For someone who isn't too fond of cooking, someone who is actually meant to be cared for, is embarking on a journey, thats exciting. I am going back to the time when we first met, in 1995.
10 years and what has changed? A lot..still nothing has changed, coz everytime we talk we set on the journey again, reliving those college days. As soon as I came back home, I got all the stuff that she ever presented me.
She remains,
  • The one who sent me the "Diyas" that I light every diwali
  • The one who sends me a "hand-made"greeting card, every birthday.Notice, in the picture, those two cards. She is one who can color any surface as long as she has a pen in hand. The card has a "dried peepul leaf", which she saved in a book until the time it became suitable to be painted on:)


  • The only one who ever wrote letters in Marathi to me. Yes! she was not an internet savvy person and considered emails to be "impersonal". Therefore, she actually "wrote letters to me". Just like we had those long conversations in the trains, every single day, that she travelled she wrote something about her day. Kept me aware of everything that was going on in her life. Later, at the end of the month, she posted them together. Letters written in a notepad, in a diary, in notebooks, with a pen, pencil and whatever she found at that time.

  • Finally, she remains my "Faithful Shadow" as she follows me here to OMAHA!Her husband has an offer from an University in Omaha and quite likely he would get the visa and here my faithful companion follows me, to continue the journey, which never had stopped.

My best wishes for my sweetest darling:)

***P.S. These pics are taken from my camera:p. Just thought of posting a few pics***


Comments on "To my faithful shadow"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (10:16 PM) : 

Very sweet post. I can just imagine ur parents next conversation with u over the phone.

ROS, sun betti all ur friends are getting married...

-thanu

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Nice to hear about your friend ROS. Can picture her so well. It is wonderful she is coming to your city! Wow. Best wishes for their marriage, and for your friendship.

 

Blogger Princessse said ... (11:54 PM) : 

so beautifully written! :) Sweet friendship you share, may it live on! :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:30 AM) : 

#Thanu!
Thanks, girl!
ROS, sun betti all ur friends are getting married

Thats not going to happen!

#Gangadhar,
Thanks re! Shall pass on her wishes!
Everyone here, knows my name :Kavita!
You can call me that or K, or ROS, anything but Madam:))

#Hershey,
Unfortunately, I dont like uncomfortable to post pics here,otherwise I would have done that!
Thanks! friends always make the place woth living:)

#Princie,
Thanks girl!
It shall live as long as I live:)

 

Blogger Nandya said ... (1:58 AM) : 

hey girl...long time...ya was a little busy with work..:)...but just read all ur blogs...

Congrats to ur friend on her Marriage.

Ur marriage... Nandya will take care..ahem!!..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:02 AM) : 

#Nandu,
Hic Hic:p

My silent admirer:p

BTW, tu kya meree shaadi mein Pandit banne wala hai:))

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (6:02 AM) : 

whenever u talk of ur frnds
u amke me jealous!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:08 AM) : 

#Viks,

Aaila, post to padha hi nahi??:(
I am still wiating for Virdi's comment:D

#Kiddo,
Oho! sweetie, don be jealous! All this I have realized after coming here and at age of 25:)

 

Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I can totally understand how you feel, well god luck to her :-)
And BTW, you are getting hitched?????

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:28 AM) : 

#Kroopz,

Oops! nahi re.NO WAY:))

 

Blogger aria said ... (11:11 AM) : 

looks like you hv some great friends. Nice post :)
Wishing her a very happy married life.

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (11:26 AM) : 

oye!
yeh marrige sharrige bada ajeeb sa sound karta hai mujhe.. i cannot imagine how happy + sad u feel now..

but good luck to mayura n u..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:30 AM) : 

# Aria,

Yup, I have a bucket full of em;)

#Z kid,

Hahhaha.. I can't imagine that too:D..Sad isliye ki its wierd to see your friends married.trust me, especially if you are close to them:(
Happiness coz they are getting married..Tu nahi samjhega, chod!

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (11:53 AM) : 

:)
lucky to have such friends yaar...warna zindagi is not as much fun..
:)
uffo yaar...tuney kisi ki yaad dila di..do din tak bahut pi-paaon karoonga mein ab..
:(

PS:not your fault..somebody i knew jiska naam tere dost se milta julta hai..
:)

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (11:59 AM) : 

/* I am still wiating for Virdi's comment:D */
he's still in office...not come home yet..said "have some great news..stay awake till i'm back"
the way he said it..sounded "pregnant" to me..
=))
i am not to blame..dunno who's been spending "quality time" with him..
:)

PS:he/she/whatever is up for adoption..can't handle dirty nappies and bawling at the same time!maybe "chick",who wants a baby pronto,can do the honours..
=))

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:04 PM) : 

#Kini
@comment 1:-Yeh kya hai, abhi tere blog pe comment marke ayee:))

Good dose of friendship is as important as oxygen to me:)
Hmm, world is small, don't worry..names are just names, lets keep it at that:)
@:( I think, I did not bring back nice memories associated with the name???

@Comment 2:
Waah..waah waah..Virdi rocks:)
Good news humse bhi share karna, naheeto boore sapne aayenge:p
Aur haan no Virdi can officially clean "Popo":))

Now I know, Sash is "Chick":))

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (1:50 PM) : 

hey ros
very touching post yaar :)
so when are u getting hitched ma'am :D
sorry could not call u for last couple of days..things are crazy here at work to say the least
chalo will def catch hold of u soon to chat
cheers
jeenu

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

ROS, nahi that is not what I meant. I just meant that it is easy to picture her from your description. But ofcourse, I would love actual pictures too...:-).

Hey, nice work ROS...with your digicam. Must be exciting to use it. Mera waala ek friend ke paas hai, since almost a year(!), and I keep postponing/forgetting to take it :-). I think I should get it soon.

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Wishing Mayura a very happy married life.

Remembering B'days and Anniversaries to poorani baat hai. Abhi doston ke bacchon ka b'day yaad rakhne ka time aa gaya hai :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Hahaha Bhole,
Unfortunately sab chhezen yaad rakhna possibel nahi hai na, meree chotese dimag mein;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Hmmmm, Nice post Kavs...Although i know she hated me...i still got nice memories for baal...Hows Rashmi doing...But anyways, nice blog got me all Nostalgic.....
-HAP

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Hey HAP!
Dont you think, we have well passed that stage of hate/anger o whatever feelings we had?? Dont you think we have left some part of us behind?
Glad ypu commented:)

 

So you were saying....