Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 09, 2005

Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyy


OK! Guys I am prematurely celebrating, I guess!!

Nevermind!

Let me enjoy my happiness eventhough it might be for a very short time!!

Just got a call from my mechanic's wife, that my car is ready to be picked up:)

And TOUCHWOOD (I am a little superstitious about stuff). Can you beat how much was the cost and what the problem was??

I have been working around the car for almost a year now. Futile attempts at getting to the root of the problem, unforetold expenses, frustrations and everything! I am not overemphasizing here. Believe me, its been a test of my patience to the core!!

Anyhow, finally my faith in my car and my mechanic has paid off.

There was something wrong with a "fuse" that kept tripping off and can you beat that the expense is 13$????

As compared to buying a car, 13$ is peanuts.

I was anticipating an amount that was going to cause a big big hole in my pocket. With God's grace and that "Angel", I finally am happy!

I hope that its just that. I still got to confirm and see it with my own eyes and wait before I start partying.

Anyhow, I met this mechanic (Danny) at a crucial time last winter accidentally.

He wound up my entire expense in 106$ when the total expense was around 450$. Since then, I have never ever gone to any other mechanic.

They say, its a blessing to find a trustworthy mechanic and hairdresser.

They might not know what actually works best but they know what would be the best!

He and his wife Linda have been really really nice to me. The main motivation for me to go to him apart from the fact that he doesn't exploit is that his son has Cerebral Palsy. The kid is merely 6 years old and needless to say, the treatment is expensive.


Well, if nothing I could help in some ways by getting few things done from him, if its of any use to him.

Quite a few of my friends have had car problems and he has been of great help to them.

I mean, how many times in lifetime, do you meet people such as these? Who have no selfish motive, who have problems of their own but help people anyways.

On quite a few occassions he has not even charged me for labour and has given me home grown tomatoes and chillies.

So well, like I always say, "Persistence pays". But you do need to have the faith too.

Hope my car runs forever now:). We will have to wait until the next time when the temperature drops real low:O

Comments on "Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyy"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Glad to hear that princess is up and running. Make sure u buys a gift for Linda and family this c'mas. I know u will without me reminding.

Have a great weekend
-thanu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:44 PM) : 

#Thanu!

I knew you would be the first one to comment! Thanks so much..you and Bhole, have tried to help in whatever ways:)
I will surely buy a present for them. Thanks for reminding (You know how bad a procrastinator, I can be;)
Have a great weekend, you too:)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Oye gaddi chal gayi!!! :D

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:26 PM) : 

#Sash!
Yeayyy..Lets get high on "Starbucks":))

#Viks!
Saare post mein ek picture hi dikha na tereko...Hmmmph!
P.S..That pic depicts Me "Yeayyyyyyinggggg'in snow:D

 

Blogger silverine said ... (10:28 PM) : 

They say, its a blessing to find a trustworthy mechanic and hairdresser.

So true, so true!! *nodding my head vigorously*

Especially the Hairdresser part.Well, your mechanic seems such a nice guy :)

 

Blogger virdi said ... (11:04 PM) : 

arre wah wah wah... just 13 bucks??? you should party lady...

its the time to disco shishko... ;-)

V..

 

Blogger virdi said ... (11:05 PM) : 

so when r we going out in your car??? no no I will take my car... can't trust girls with cars... ;-)

V..

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (11:42 PM) : 

wow!
congo sunrays
congo 2 u

u paid only 13 dogs!!
hehe

anyways

very nice to hear about such people like danny.i feel they deserve a token of appreciation.

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (12:02 AM) : 

pic mein dollar bhi hai!

oh man! you're so money minded...

ps. i'm mani-minded. :D

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (1:29 AM) : 

13 $ ??? thats..lemme calculate...close to 600-700 bucks yaar !!! for a fuse !!!?? u gotta be kidding !!
I smell a fantastic biz opportunity !!!
wanna be a partner..i ship it..u collect it..danny fixes it..
33.33 % each..rite down the middle..what say ??
=))

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (9:24 AM) : 

congrats...
thats a cool news

hope it runs nicely now...
just incase u can invest on a bicyle... just as a back up ;-)
lolzzzz

so u have pataod ur mehcanic also
sahin hain...

great going dear
Cheers

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:03 PM) : 

#Silverine,

Glad to see after a long time:)
Hahaha..Glad you agree:D


#Virdi
Disco kaa naam mat le! Read my recent post, its a result of that screwed up clubbing plans last nite:(

#Virdi,
Hahaha..I am a safe driver, BTW. Only thing is, I hate driving:D

#Z kid!
Ya 13 dogs!
Baccha hai re tu:)

#Kini!
Hahhaha.Itnee mehnat:p
Think beyond the calculator, buddy:p

#Ganga!
:)
If you have one, you dont need to look for the other, right?:)

#Pooo,
Hahahah..patoed mechanic..Thats so Mumbiayya!!Kya karen log pat jaate hai...:p
Have a great weekend buddy:)

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Never lose hold the two main ropes of life - hope and faith

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:13 PM) : 

#Bhole!
:)

 

So you were saying....