Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 12, 2005

Jog Jog Jogging Along





Have you ever been on a jogging trail?


Have you experienced companionship with people who are fellow joggers?

No, am not talking about the movie "Jogger's Park" here:p.

Close to my home here, there is a jogging trail (Elmwood park), where I used to go jogging everday during summers. I met different people every single day, new faces, new feelings and new experiences. We exchanged smiles, sometimes those smiles made way to conversations and interesting rapport built up with the passage of time. Made few friends, whom I lost soonafter!

But, most of the times, it used to be ME, as I never had a running partner. If, I found someone on the way, great! If not, that didn't stop me from experiencing fresh air everyday.

Every day, you start with a clean slate and every day some person scribbles something new.

They accompany you for a while. Their company is invigorating and they provide joy, while they are there.

Its been 2 months, that I have not been there, due to the cold. I don't see those people anymore. Though, I still drive through those lanes every single day. This is the case every summer!

Wonder if some people come into your life for a season??

If we do meet again, we'll smile indeed; If not, 'tis true this parting was well made---William Sheakspeare



Comments on "Jog Jog Jogging Along"

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (11:02 PM) : 

me first!!! :D

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (11:03 PM) : 

True... there are certain pple I see EVERY DAY on the way to work. They take the same train AND the same bus after that!! Makes you wonder, hai na? :)

 

Blogger Princessse said ... (1:00 AM) : 

I very much believe that life is seasonal...more seasonal than weather itself and so, to me, there are some (most) friendships that have been seasonal... :) ... and then there are those friendships that last a lifetime!

 

Blogger Raj said ... (1:54 AM) : 

I went jogging for three days in a park near my home in Lucknow and then stopped cos i couldnt take saying hello or good morning to all the people there everyday. (All my parents' frnds)

Nobody knws me here in Bglr in my neighborhood and there is a big park with a jogging track but i'm too lazy to get up at 6 plus its always very cold in the morning.
Sucks!!

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (2:27 AM) : 

oh yaar sunrays
everything is so so so... ending!
all relationships!
and things!
everything.

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (4:20 AM) : 

very lazy..me no jog..
:)

 

Blogger aria said ... (8:12 AM) : 

I get up early in the morning to walk my dog .. n theres a jogging park close to my apt building .. it really is kewl - hv made sum strange eye to eye frndship with some ppl. We don't talk but it seems - we do expect each other arnd the same time. :D
|Sorry for disappearing :(|

 

Blogger Priyamvada_K said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Refreshing write-up and picture.

Priya
http://priyamanaval.blogspot.com

 

Blogger RP said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Jogging? Wut is this? Is this English? I am not aware of such a word. :-)

After reading your post, I realize that life is, as princesse had put it, seasonal. I am here today and am not sure if I wud be here again tomorrow.

Today I am regular blogger but wut happens the next season? Not sure.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:33 AM) : 

@Sash!
:D

@Sash
Companions in the journey. Strange camaraderie with strangers!

@Viks!
Hey bhagwan!
Are jogging shaamko bhi to kar sakte hain na…
I was talking about evening jogging!!
Tusee bahut fit ho(Rolls her eyes)

#Princie!
Yeah! Like seasonal mangoes:D
Only tastes good in summer!

#Raj,
//I couldnt take saying hello or good morning to all the people there everyday//

Thats the best part here, you have the option of not running into people, whom you dont want to see:D

Are, evening 7-8 is the best time! Better than mornings for me.COz me not a morning person either!

#Z,
Some last till you live:)

#Ganga.
:) Jogging friends..exactly!

#Kini,
Aah! kya excuse hai:p Mota ho jayega tab samjhega:p

#Aria,
Yeah! eye to eye contact. Thats the best part, when you dont expect thats when a friend walks in right throough the door:)

#Priya,

Welcome to my "life".Its wonderful to have the writing maestro here..Followed your work on Sulekha, but dont go there anymore!!
Thanks for coming and do visit!!

#RP
I can refresh your memory, buddy..Maar chahiye, sab kuch yaad aa jayeega:))

Yep! we can make exits whenever we want:)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (11:37 AM) : 

There are so many people that we meet and we part with. Like we months ago, we didn't know about each other's existence. But now we check each other's blog few times a day for updates, comments, response to comments and all.

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (12:04 PM) : 

the trick is to somehow not lose but maintain existing friendships while getting new ones:-)

u cud soon make one at a local star bucks brewery;-)

So be on ur feet:-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:38 PM) : 

#Thanu!
Aah! I was wondering how come you still haven't commented:O ..I did not get a notification on my gmail!
Thats what I think you meant,I guess! We were strangers to start off with, now we look for each other!
#Gii,
Waah! Welcome back after a longgggg haitus:)
Starbux! very interesting place..a lot can brew over a cup of coffee;)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Exactly what I was saying. Now I looked to see if u replied to my comment and was so happy to see a @thanu. Din kaise ja raha hain?

 

Blogger RP said ... (7:50 AM) : 

ROS,
Yep! we can make exits whenever we want:)
it is not about exits that I am talking about. It is not that I want to get out that my life becomes seasonal. It is bcoz that life is seasonal that I am exiting without any choice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 PM) : 

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

 

So you were saying....