Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Letter to Santa

Its Christmas time!

Everything around us is bright and splendid.
Everyone seems to be happy and looking forward to a dream year ahead.


This is the Christmas tree that stands alone in my school auditorium today. Lighting up the rather deserted school:D



This is a miniature pine tree in my house, to give me company and maybe coz it represents "Peace"





So my dear brotherPradyotand my "kid"Chapaathave tagged the poetically challanged ROS to write a 55 word poem that rhymes!

So, here is my pathetic attempt to scribble few lines that rhyme!


Its fun time coz its Christmas time
Time to wine and time to dine

Put on your party shoes
As there is no time to lose

Forget your sorrows
Do not bother about tomorrow

New Year is not far away
Lets get together and play

Coz Santa is on his way


Since, Santa is riding his sledge, I thought he would be happy to give me some gifts as well. So this is the letter am going to leave in the imaginary stockings, tonite:)

Dear Santa...

I have had a busy year. I have been lucky too. Formed great friendships that are going to be everlasting. Discovered something new. Few succesful endeaveours and some things left behind. I have hurt few people and have nursed few. I have been a bad girl too. But, to compensate for that, I have been involved in some charities.

Over all, I have been a good girl. So here's my wish for this Christmas.

Give people all that they deserve. I want you to make this world a happy place.

I want some people to get jobs, few people to get married to their soulmates, few people to find their soulmates and some people to Graduate:)

For myself, I want "endurance and patience" . A little bit of success on the way, wouldn't hurt:P

&

I want you to keep my boss in great spirits ALL YEAR:)

I know its a long letter, but its a wish that summarizes 365 days of a year into 4 lines. Thats not asking for much:O

OK! I am getting greedy:O Have edited the "Wish-list" for third time now:)




Merry Christmas Guys:)
So go ahead and ask few wishes too, I will make sure I will slip in your notes in the stockings, as well:)

Comments on "Letter to Santa"

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Me first!

Merry Christmas, sweetheart!! :)

CCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

(Cheers to Chatur Chaar!)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (7:44 PM) : 

#Sash!
Hahhaha..I knew you had to be the first here:)
I have asked something for you as well;)
Yeayy.Hail Chatur Chaar:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

Merry Xmas darling..
as per ur wishes, I only feel like saying "amen!!"

May all of them come true, and may u find ur "kids ke papa" soon as well:P:P

Have a blast darling!

 

Blogger virdi said ... (12:36 AM) : 

oyeeeeeeee... your wish was very good... but ask something for yourself... it looks like you are standing for the Miss America Beauty Pegant... ;-)

ok just kidding... :-) merry christmas... :-)

V...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:42 AM) : 

#Kiddo Darling!
Kuch aur wishes bhi hain;) Tumhare liye and you very well know what that is:D

Lolz @ "kids ke papa"..He is busy changing diapers of my imaginary kids:D

You too:) Keep me posted;)

#Ganga!
"Inspiration" for what??Poetry...hahahhah..no way! Robert Frost would turn in his grave:)

Merry Xmas:)

#Virdi@
ROTFL:)
Ms. America..Hahahhahahah..too good..nobody has nourished my ego so much:))

Are, letter dhyan se padh, tujhe samjhega what I have asked for myself:) I am hoping Santa has the eyes too:)
Merry Christmas, Popo:)

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (1:12 AM) : 

Merry Christmas...

Not Pathetic,
indeed poetic,

Rays of sun,
now rhymes a ton,

Few in line,
yet sooooooooo fineeeeeeeeeee.

yaar cool tha!! likthe rehna...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:30 AM) : 

#Rik!
Nice to see you!
How are hols??Got a chance to get out of Ruston:O
Merry Xmas, dear:)

#Prady!
Benevolent..Hmmm..dont know if they were.
OK! let me dissect it.
See, right now, only thing I "truly"desire is to get a PhD.

By"Asking for patience and endurance,and for my boss to be in a good state of mind", I mean that the journey becomes easier. Off late, I have realized that I am losing my patience and tolerance level too, so thats why the wish. Coz PhD is nothing but striving hard and being persistent. Thats why the wish!
U know most of the times, what you exactly want can be summarized in one or two words, I believe:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 AM) : 

merry christmas ROS. u knw wht .. once u replied to my comment which i wrote to TARU .. lolz .. kind of scoldin me :D .. since then i hav been lookin for ROS.

i had also come here before .. but as they say things happen if they r bound nibal, what would you wear to dinner?r?

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Thats so sweet deear...

Merry Christmas

have a great time

Cheers

 

Blogger aria said ... (5:56 AM) : 

Rays .. Merry Christmas :)
Sweet letter!

 

Blogger Neha Sinha said ... (6:05 AM) : 

merry christmas :)

good poetry and wat a universal wish! wah wah..

so wish for me was....... :P:P

 

Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Merrry Xmas to you too Ray!!

Last night I was trying to spot Santa somewhere.....like all these years, I was planning to run behind him wearing ma DISTURBED T-shirt and freak that poor fella...

I think all Santa's were hiding somewhere :(

Have fun and take care :)

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Your pathetic attempt was really good :)

Give people all that they deserve. I want you to make this world a happy place. Amen

Merry Christmas!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Good post!

 

Blogger Raj said ... (10:18 PM) : 

Merry christmas to you too :D

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (10:38 PM) : 

that 55 word poem is too cute...
I've also been tagged...
dun knw wat to write :-(

few people to get married to their soulmates
ye ye ... i'm one of them...
count me too ;-)
lolzzzz

have a great time
Cheers

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:44 AM) : 

#Anon (Anuj)
Are like I said good I came to know before you told me..No worries..we have sorted it out offline:))

Chalo baby santa, log in as Anuj now:D

#Poo!
Happy working now;) Xmas over:))

#Aria!
Hey belated Merry Xmas:)) I have been busy..What did you do??
Chalo renew your post now:))

#Pandora!
Ohhh..So its you Neha..I thought Czar ki exit ke baad, you forgot me:p
Good to see you back baby, keep rocking:)

#Arzzon!!
Waah waah! I am finding all my previous friends now:)
Kahan chale gaye the??
I stopped readin your blogs since that bye bye post of yours. I commented and it said I am not in the group so it wont accept my comments:(
Good to see you back!!

#Bhole ji!
Welcome ji;
Thanks for liking my peom which was more like a limerick;)

#Freako!
Thanks!

#Raj
Same back to you!

#Poo!
Oye tujhe kabse poetry likhne mein problem ho gayee???
Chal likh daal..koi baat nahi..merea ashirwad hai teree saath:))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 AM) : 

Merry Christmas!!

Hope Santa did oblige u coz the letter was very sweet.. n rhyming too I think :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:35 AM) : 

#Hey Sudeep!
Welcome:)
The Santa said, wishes are under scrutinization:) He wants me to write a sweeter letter to him:)
By the way, do visit:)

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (5:58 AM) : 

ohhh! I missed this post while I was away!!
good good
you completed the tag!!

(jackie ko dekh... kara hee nahi)

 

So you were saying....