Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sleep beckons

Aah! finally met my deadline.
I know, we all hate that. Some actually enjoy the feeling.
In these past couple of days, I have been through hell. Call it, once bitten twice shy.
Being extra cautious doesn't really help.
Deadlines, induce anxiety and stresses me out, coz irresepective of how well I have planned, I have to sweat it out the night before that.
But, I guess we all need a deadline, otherwise, we would be flowing around like a dupatta in wind!
Aah! bad analogy..Nevermind!
Finally, read it somewhere "I just love deadlines, love the whooshing sound they make, when they go":)))
I have come to terms with the fact that since I get tensed anyways, there are just few things and just the right kind of people who can make it all easier.
For example:
1. A conference call that will crack you up or a call with a friend talking about absolute nonsensical things, which make so much sense at that time!
2. A friend who can drive down in the middle of night for crisis managment. He/She may not know the nature of your work, but clearly a welcome company to soothe your nerves.
3. Imagine having a company in the department, when the whole place is almost like a "bhoot-bangla"
4. A friend who is well versed with computers. I have realized that I probably need to take classes for "MS WORD for Dummies" . Yeah! laugh at me, but I have had a harrowing time, with "image managment". Those stupid "Align with text, top right, group and ungroup" Sheesh! so many options just add to confusion:)) I swear this computer has inflicted so much agony that I dont even feel like using the Yahoo Messenger now:O
5. Music.........I have couple of CDs that I listen to only during crisis. "Mantra Shakti" is one amongst them and also the melody of Santoor..
6. A friend to calm you down and give you that much needed hug:)
7. And finally someone to pray for you..dil se:)
Hurray! me being taken out for dinner tonite.
Forget the outcome. There are few people who still feel that I deserve that:D
Tiramisu here I come:)

Comments on "Sleep beckons"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Its a great feeling. Aajkal I do not get that feeling a lot. Remember in school when the last exam gets over, the sense of relief that comes over is beyond words.

ROS, anytime it is always my pleasure.

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (6:50 PM) : 

Forgot to mention have an extra bite of Tiramisu mere katir.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 AM) : 

Ufff!! Here also deadline wala post... :((

Gr8 tht u finished off with urs..

Dupatta in wind.. ????.. ha ha

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (3:41 AM) : 

wah madam wah
khush to baht hogi tum.. haee ?
chalo khush raho badiya hai
dinner shinner karo yaar!

aami bhaalo
toomi bhaalo
shob bhaalo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 AM) : 

Hey ROS! Am glad you got that done with! Wonderful. How deadlines...come and go! And then, all of a sudden, even sleep is miles away, even though we thought that was the first thing we might do after exams :-).

Hope you have rested well all these days.

Take care ROS. Enjoy, and hope you had a good treat.

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (6:28 AM) : 

U said ur sane and alive...
ur examples indicated something else ;-)
hehehehe

cute stuff dear

yeah... Deadlines...
it reminds me of my ex-office
where I have burned mid night oil to meet those crazy overnight pop up deadlines ;-)

good to see u back
take care

Cheers

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (8:47 AM) : 

hey aunty ! congrats yaar !
:)

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (5:47 PM) : 

oh so u achieved ur deadline! wow!
I have never had that feeling. Not really...what I do is..if I am not able to achieve a deadline...i force an extension and then finish it. So actually i reach a deadline!
And yes actually i am with u for the dupatta analogy! awesome extempor creation! ;)
btw, nice blog!

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Easy on that tiramisu, baby. Remember figga? ;)

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (11:16 PM) : 

whr r u ?????

disappeard ?????

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:36 PM) : 

#Prasad,

Welcome! Thanks:) waiting for the results is an ordeal...

#Viks,

Aaj to mann nahi kar raha hai na:P

#Thanu,

I get the temporary feeling yaar and just when the feeling sets in I write a blog...:)))

@ROS, anytime it is always my pleasure.//
Jara sochke darling..I will ask often:))

#Thanu,
Nahi re..went to Mexican:))

#Moghul
Are czar se moghul..yeh kaise ho gaya:))

MS office for Dummies..Maine to have me choda tha..does such a book exist??:O

//I`m sure thr was someone who was with u all this time ..u-know-who //
WHAT WHAT WHAT...

#Sudeep,

Why are you posting as other??
Blog shut kar deeya kya:))

#Z kid,
Hahahhah..please yaar these days am trying to balance tamil n telugu..bengali nahi mangta:))

#Hershey,
Sleep..hahahahh..I stayed up lateeee yaar..:( Tu bata tu kaisee hai??

I am celebrating from past 2 days:))

#Poooooooooo
@U said ur sane and alive...
ur examples indicated something else //
What did they suggest?? oye..I know I have gone nuts:))

Chalta hai..I am allowed to do that:O

#Kinetic,
Thanks yaar!!
:)

#Ujwal,

Hey Welcome! Good to see you here...
//Not really...what I do is..if I am not able to achieve a deadline...i force an extension and then finish it//

THATS ME! It looks like I am the one who is making that statement:))
Dont worry yaar..I am that way always, but sometimes when you are working for something, you HAVE to abide with that..just to gain something:)

Are that dupatta analogy was something that I could relate to, totally:)

Glad you liked it..Keep coming!!

#Sash,
Hahahahahah..my figga manages accordingly:))

#Poo,
RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!

 

So you were saying....