Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A sad day of this year

Today had a relaxing day after a long time.
Actually, my blogs have become more of a personal journal, I guess coz it doesnt' matter if people have something to comment or not.
Its actually my words echoing in space!
I have no capacity to rake hidden reservoirs of previous memories coz I guess the present itself keeps me focussed.
Well, anyways, a sad news kept me awake the whole of last night. Thankfully, I have this friend of mine [The 4 AM kinda friend as refered to by Sayesha]. Just when I looked at my watch, I was wondering whom to call, coz it was almost close the dawn of Sunday. Just then, I got an SMS from him and it made the night easier for me to bear.
Sometimes, I wonder at the power of friendship. Some people are just there when you need them and at times people are never there when you need them.
Moreso, why I believe it is so important for one to have a friend who has seen you grow up!
So today, I decided to let it go for a while. Finished up my assignment last night and did not work on my paper or any studies the whole of sunday. After all, there is no need to pretend that you can work when your mind is wandering in the meadows. Its almost like wearing a California sweatshirt in Nebraska and thinking that you are warm!
You know you got to bear it.
Thats when I thought, let me get back to my life. Have turned my back for a long time. Draining my energy out.
Got into my car and wondered into the city by myself and landed into Barnes & Nobles and somehow as if it was a sign, my eyes fell on a copy of "Bhagvad Gita", just bought that and came home!
So beginning saturday, my life is taking a small turn, beginning with watching "Rang de Basanti" and to start off with "Table Tennis" and "Aerobics Training"
Guess, to take a leap you have to start off with small baby steps!
Anyhow, despite all that efforts to steer back to life, there are people who consciously remind me of having whiled away my time today by doing arbit stuff. Funny, coz I dont need any permission to take away one day out of my life!
Hopefully, I will sustain.

Comments on "A sad day of this year"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 AM) : 

me confused!

The post seems to have positive undertones ..in definite contrast to the title!

Guess u need to turn to religion ..u`ll find this seemingly much-needed solace :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 AM) : 

Heard of ISKCON ..buy their cd`s ..and chant those amazingly soothing Hare Rama Hare Krishna ..it works :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:15 AM) : 

#Nitin,
Dont worry about it! I did not have any title for this post, so just made up one.
Well, I never turned my back on religion. It is always comforting..but I cannot be a fanatic..as in eat, drink and breathe religion to attain solace is not something that I can do!

#Nitin,
Yep, I have been there to ISKCON in Mumbai. And I do chant some mantras that I have always chanted those since a little kid! but at times, nothing works!

#Sayesha,
:)

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (4:45 AM) : 

Sad day? Arrey, happy day! You're spicing up your life with "basanti colour" and sports for tan, mann ki shakti. :D

@Vikram: //I have a huge collection. :P//
You've a huge collection of Bhagvad Geetas??????!!!!! lmao...ek hee nahin hoti?

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (5:55 AM) : 

hey dear....
huggzzzzz

Sometimes, I wonder at the power of friendship. Some people are just there when you need them and at times people are never there when you need them.
thats so truee

hope u get back to ur normal self soon

Cheers

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (8:36 AM) : 

kay he.. greeting akha panyat gela mazha :(

anyways... blogs ha personal asla tar chaan vatato vaachayla.. ugach global charcha nahi avdat

Its actually my words echoing in space
in it's my space :p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Nice to hear ROS..
Yes, baby steps.
Looks like the Bhagvad Gita was meant to be seen and taken by you that day.

 

Blogger R said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Those kinda friends.. are difficult to find.. and only lucky ones manage to have them in their lives.

And, come on! Gita mili na? Bindaas rehne ka.. and keep smiling.. :)

 

Blogger aria said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Ohh..blogs definitely are your personal space .. Even fiction writers hv divulged time n again they have taken characters fm their own personal life..
Your blogs have varied colors .. I hv often heard my own words echoing through your words. I hv discovered lotta stuff abt placez I never visited likewise - through your writings. Tht reminds me - I'm still waiting for you to blog abt tht haunted castle ..
I'm not all tht religious ..odd as it may sound .. I read Osho . .a lot. His writings on Buddha.. meditation techniques etc hv often had certain positive effects on my whole system. The best stress buster is actually my dog .. but it must be tough for you to have pets - they make lot of difference.
Good to know you picked up Bhagavat Gita n you are taking Aerobic classes. I hv heard Rang De Basanti is a good movie - I'm sure you gonna enjoy it!
Have a nice week!

 

Blogger educatedunemployed said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Of course you will sustain and you will do it well.I think its always good to do some thing totally unrelated to what you should be doing..once in a while i.e.Cos when you get back to the task at hand we are fresh more alert and ready to pounce on it as we know about the lost time.
And since when did blogs become for the commenters rather than the commentees..Is that even a word.So blog on..write what you want to.Its your space girl.
Looks like you have been having a hard day or may be even several hard days..
But you have motivated me.I think I am going to go running instead of the gym.I can do with the fresh air too.Thanks.

 

Blogger Shriedhar said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Hey !

whatta coincidence ..

saw these lines 2day in ur post

//Sometimes, I wonder at the power of friendship. Some people are just there when you need them and at times people are never there when you need them.

 

Blogger The Individualist said ... (1:53 AM) : 

I liked "-it is so important for one to have a friend who has seen you grow up!". True. And Rang De Basanti.... ooooh. You have something to look forward to definitely. Am doing a hatrick on it. :P Not often you get enchanting Indian movies. :D

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (3:15 AM) : 

ooooooyeeeeeeeeeee
kitthe hain tu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:45 PM) : 

#Viks,
@LAX---Laxative:O
Itna Gita rakhke use nahi hai..usko real life mein application karna mangta hai:P

#The girl,
Woh ek lamha tha. Jis samay jo laga woh likh deeya:) Ab mein total fit hoon:)

#Ganga,
Thanks G, I am not getting enuf time to read everyone's blog..Will do it once I get done with my duties:)

#Poo,,
Hum aa gaye:)

#Sudeep,
Ya re..I have no time for global charcha yaar...majhech life itkee happening aahe:P

#Hershey,
Absolutely!
P.S:- Shall call u over the weekend:)
#Prad,
Banker from hindi movie--?? Yeh kya tha??

#Rohit,
I beleive everyone has atleast one of such kind of friend:)

#Aria,
Haunted castle..I thought that pic was something you thought you are going to make a post on:O
No..I think it was that bridge!

Nahi re, me not a big animal fan..I have found a new stress buster..playing with my 3 year old neice:)

#EU,
WOW! me a motivator?? Thank a ton honey:)

#Shreedhar,
Coincidence??Did u write about it too?

#Individualist,
Please dont tell me anymore! I am trying not to read anything about it! but am sure it rocks!!

#Poo,
Yaheen hoon,,buss busy hoon:(

#Jigal,
I have never read Bhagwad Gita consioulsy though I have a copy of it..but this one I got is simplified one.so now I will read it fully!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Summer jobs for 15 years old free european travel guides bootlegged virgin mobile ringtones and wallpapers slots Work at home mortgage brokers Chevrolet impala 1974 Pottery barn area rug H1 hummer rim Elligibility for bill gates scholarship

 

So you were saying....