Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The sixth sense.

An individual is blessed with 5 common senses, as we all know:
Sight
Hearing
Taste
Touch
Smell
Apart from that there is another sense.yeay yeay the sixth sense..usually ignored by common people or rather shunned!
There is a term in Neurology which is called as "Proprioception"which in crude terms means how one can sense the external environment and make decisions based on those stimuli!
It is generally employed to determine how you can keep your body under control and to keep a check on each part of the body.
This is no sermon on science or anything but to get to my topic. I have been tempted to write bout it based on numerous incidences in my life.
I know I lack in common sense but I guess God has found a way to compensate that by providing me with the sixth sense which is stronger than any other sense I use to judge.
Some have called it as "intuition" some have even called it "psychic"
Oh whatever it is called. For me its my 'Judgmenet tool"
I am no god to know everything before hand. But, I am blessed coz I have this ability that has helped me from making decisions that I would otherwise make.
I know, all the other 5 senses of mine have guided me wrong many times.
Sometimes "What you see is not what is the truth'
"What you hear is not always right"
'Tastes can be masked'
"Some touches can be misguiding'
"Smells can be misleading'
But, you have to make a decision somewhere. You dont want to not give it a fair shot.
Your senses are no more capable of making the decision that seems right.
At that time, I resort to my "gut feeling"
I know, if at any point of time when nothing seems to be working, there are thousands of conflicts and numerous doubts.
But, if there is this 'inner voice" that tells me to do something, I usually never ignore that.
Your brain and your heart sometimes, do not act in concert. Atleast mine doesnt.
I somehow feel despite numerous conflicts my intuitions never guide me wrong. They are like my "guiding lights" who reflect the path where I want to walk.
Sometimes, this very ability makes me do the most unexpected and connects me with people who are close to me.
On n number of times, it has happened...when I have dropped of that much needed email to a friend who wanted to hear from me, or make that fone call just when someone needed me'
In real life: These gut feelings help me to extend that hand of friendship to someone and made me talk to that person in the first instance.
You just know. Who is right for you and who isn't.
Sayesha refers to this as "view from atop her ghoda" [view from atop her horse].
Maybe its a guessing game. Guessing about people and the vibes that they give you.
It can be wrong, no doubt about it.
It can make you commmit mistakes.
But, it even helps you assume responsibility for your actions.
It might be regarded as totally nonsensical.
For whatever reason, it helps me predict few things for myself and whats more, I trust myself to make those decisions. Right or wrong I don't know but decisions that are right at that instant.
If something doesn't seem right (or seems little off) it probably was never right to start off with.

Comments on "The sixth sense."

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (1:18 AM) : 

Sayesha and her ghoda are first!! :D

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (1:20 AM) : 

I'm a huge believer of my 6th sense too. Sona nahi hai kya?

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (1:21 AM) : 

And now my serious comment -- very well written post! It makes perfect sense to listen to your intuition (what I describe as looking at things from atop my intuition ghoda and see how things look) when other factors don't help (especially when you dunno what's right and what's wrong cos there's a tussle between the heart and the mind), and then stand up for whatever decision you made, and never look back and regret it.

Sahi post hai :)

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (1:37 AM) : 

intuition ya "instinct" ki baat kar rahi ho? I trust my instincts..usually the first reaction to a situation..dunno..maybe both of us are not on the same page..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 AM) : 

Yeay.....post on 6th sense! :-) I love this topic. I agree sometimes we just know that something isn't right. Or when something is. And we can also be proven wrong. I have been pretty wrong a few times actually, but perhaps I should have listened harder for that inner voice, which maybe I tried to mask at the time, due to other things? Or maybe I didn't know that voice existed becoz I was so taken by those other things. Or maybe, sometimes, things outside do have a capacity to confuse a person? For eg. a person who is an expert lier. How does one get thru that...

Is the 6th sense that one voice when the heart and the mind "agree"?

 

Blogger R said ... (4:15 AM) : 

I'm with you. big time.

I agree with everything you've written! Sharp n crisp!

 

Blogger R said ... (4:16 AM) : 

and I'm with vikram too. just that my sixth sense always lands me in trouble!

:D

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (5:55 AM) : 

Sahi.. :)

May ur 'guiding lights' be with u all the time..

coincidence: was trying to see Sixth Sense last nite on Star Movies.. aai ni baghun nahi dila.. tila prog baghaycha hota :(

btw, pahile kahi line vachlyavar vatala ki aaj Science lecture aahe :p

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (6:41 AM) : 

this is the nth time i'll be reading a post on this topic on the blogword...

grrrrrrrr
strange that everyone feels that they have sixth sense...
great
good for u all :-))

I know I lack in common sense but I guess God has found a way to compensate that by providing me with the sixth sense which is stronger than any other sense I use to judge.
LOL... so finally u got the compensation ;-)
bt still common sense is better...
ur still young try n bargain for it ;-) hahahaha

Cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 AM) : 

nice post !!

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (9:46 AM) : 

arre sunrays yaar..
the deeper to get to know yourself, the deeper you get to know others..
coz we're all the same u no...

So, obviously enough, to have a strong intution is very good..

By the way, I also have a 6th sense or a power you could say..
If I speak something with too much determination, it becomes true...
Something I know is correct and I want it to be true.. it happens!..
This is called Fat-tar ke lakeer!
(fat-tar = stone)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

best regards, nice info Nude mature pussy Lipitor and coq10

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Best regards from NY! Laser tattoo removal westchester

 

So you were saying....