Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sandese aate hain

The Saturday rocked!

Plenty of things came to my mind. Insights. Plannings.

One of my friends came back from Bombay last night. As usual, just when some of our friends go and return back, we are eagerly waiting for our goodies. No matter even if it is a small rubber band packet. We look at the bags with eagle eyes!!

So, this time again my sis sent me some stuff and the more I think about it..the more silent tears I shed.

She doesn't miss an opportunity to make me feel special. Be it this

1. Magnet: Which I specifically asked my Jeeju to bring for me from Germany.His remembering to bring it for me and my sis sending it to me is certainly special. The reason being; My sis is a die hard fan of Hitler! No not coz of his deeds but coz of his impressive personality. She ended up reading a lot more about Hitler's Germany and we would have heated discussions about that when we were growing up. This was almost 10 years back when I expressed that, if at all someone went to germany, I would ask them to get a magnet for me. I forgot about it 10 years down the line but she did not! When we used to fight, I addressed her as 'Lady Hilter"


2. Letters: Yep! each time she sends something for me through someone, she writes pages and pages of letters. As if words are flowing naturally. She does not express that much on the phone or email as much as she does with a pen in her hand! While, I was in US at the time she was pregnant, it was almost like I was experiencing it coz of the way she narrated each incidence of her pregnancy in her letters. I even have letters that mentions about the first time Aryan kicked her inside her stomach, or the first time she experienced his movement! No wonder I almost feel like I am Aryan's second mother. These letters serve as vent for me to cry just when I think I have no reason to cry!


3. These Clothes:

No amount of shopping beats the joy that I derive out of the awesome Salwar kameezes that my sis picks for me. Trendy and pretty. Those 2-3 dresses that she sends for me makes up for the entire years shopping.I just have to demand and she finds the exact color and exact size for me! And She is the only one who knows what looks good on me.


4. Lastly, this calendar with my city's name on it! That makes me feel at home. Each year she makes sure to send me a marathi calendar. Not that I follow it diligently, but since its important for me to know certain days for some rituals that are not available on english calendars.


No wonder how far I fly, my sis will make sure that I dont fly too high:)

Lastly, watched Rang De Basanti!

Details, hopefully in the next post!

As of now..me happy to have people who care:)

Comments on "Sandese aate hain"

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (4:23 AM) : 

GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!

Abhi aayi... ab post padh loon.

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (4:30 AM) : 

No matter even if it is a small rubber band packet. We look at the bags with eagle eyes!!
HAHAHAHAHA.

My sis is a die hard fan of Hitler! No not coz of his deeds but coz of his impressive personality.
Heyyyy, so am I!!! :D:D:D Hitler was awesome! There've been hardly any leaders like him, throughout history.

Such a sweet post! Sisters are cool...and yours does sound so. ;)

And I also watched RDB! The end is so sad...:(

 

Blogger aria said ... (8:28 AM) : 

Great. Me too waiting for my parents to return home - with goodies picked up by my sister - for me! :D
It always is a great feeling!

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (5:12 PM) : 

@Vikram:
Where are the sweets? Mithai ki shop par jao aur kharid lo. SIMPLE! :P Hahahaha.

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Reminded me of school days...parents and sisters would always send something or the other with my friends. BTW ...mithai ka photo nahi nikala kya :)

And I was expecting KALNIRNAY ;)

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (10:57 PM) : 

:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 AM) : 

Very caring sis.
It does feel great to rec. Anything from India! :-)
Enjoy the presents!

 

Blogger The Individualist said ... (6:41 AM) : 

It's so weird how until we lose something, we don't realise how much it means to us.
Personal blog. Not eligible to be commented upon by someone who doesn't have a clue about you. But I'll say this.
It triggered all those distant forgotten reminiscences that had almost faded away with passing seconds.

 

Blogger virdi said ... (9:25 AM) : 

ROS i also care for you... see when u come for Amreeka... don't forget to bring gifts for me... ok??

V..

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (9:28 AM) : 

The magnet looks cool... now if u keep it with u u can have a magnetic personality :))

patra vala aavadla mala.. aai chi aathvan aali. ti babankade geli ki mi patra lihito tila... ti te sarkha vachun vachun dhasadhas radte.. he he

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Good post again...all your posts that talk about your relationship with your sister are always nice to read.

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (12:13 PM) : 

kavita sahi ahe tuzi sis yaar. Its really touching. I agree even a small gift from India makes me happy for a couple of months atleast.

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (4:12 PM) : 

hey ROS
great post girlie..
seems like u got lot of goodies from des
wanna share..:D
cheers
jeenu

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Where did you find it? Interesting read yahoo reviews skin care products firearm guild accutane legal http://www.internet-access-5.info/Olatheisps.html http://www.ambien-buy-cheap-online.info/Lowbackswimwear.html Replique perfume cheap internet broadband in dayton ohio forex link signal submit wi fi broadband internet Project management courses in arizona Nissan skyline gtr 34 for sale Countach gallery lamborghini why do americans watch historical films Health pharmacy drugs and medications p phendimetrazine 7 day cruises Seo partner tibet Blue and red lamborghini Distance education in sports management My fioricet firoicet keyword Dial up high speed internet Tap water softener filter reverse osmosis analysis

 

So you were saying....