Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I am a kid...so what..I know my basics!

The age 3 is I think an age of discovery for toddlers.
I think, I share a special bond with kids of this age!
My Aryan and my niece here.
They both add a lot of joy in my life!
I have spent an entire week with my niece here and needless to say she rocks!
Few lessons she has taught me:
  • Its OK to be wild at times: Her dad had gone somewhere for a while and she did not get to see many ppl around at that time. When she saw me, she jumped up and down, acted crazy and wierd. It was an amazing site to see a kid being so excited after seeing someone. [Isnt it exciting to just let your hair down for a while?]
  • No matter how hard you work, you can take it easy on friday nights: She sleeps early every night. But somehow, she can sense its friday night and there she demands to watch "Charlie's Chocolate Factory" with the remote in her hand:O [No matter how pathetic your week was. Isnt friday night supposed to mean "An end to routine"]
  • You want, what you want: I happened to bring Tiramisu and needless to say, I can finish it all up on my own. She insisted "Mommie, but I want a lollipop" Mommie says "But, this is nice..just have the cream". "But, I want a lollipop, mommie" Mommie says "Okie, you can have it but first finish your milk" [With the hope that she will forget it as the night proceeds]. After an hour "Mommie, now can I have my lollipop!![No matter how many nicer things come along, there are things that we cannot and should not compromise on. Or sometimes, we wish to have things that we cannot have. Or sometimes, no matter how much time passes, you dont forget things]
  • Some questions have no answers: As soon as I used to go home, she would be on my lap. Mausi, just play with me. We played for a while. "Okie, baby, Mausi is tired. "But I am not tired". Again play for half hour. "I am tired"..the kid again says "But I am not tired" Take her on my shoulders and to her room. The kid now says "I will ask mommie to do it for me. "But, mommie can't do it, mommie has a baby". The kid says "So, why don't you have a baby":O:O [There is no point in explaining answers to someone who would probably never get it. Just smile away]
  • A girl is aware of the concept of "Prince Charmin"even in formative years:

This one is ultimate. Yesterday, she took me to her playhouse. She had two dolls. One girl whom she calls (Cinderella) and the other is (Prince Charming).

So I ask her "So you call her Cinderella, do you know Cinderella story"?

She says "Yes, I do"

Me: Then tell me the story

She: No, you tell me

Me:I dont know the story.

She: My mommie knows it. My daddy knows it. I know it. You don't know it??[With a puzzled look]

I was zapped!

[There are certain things that everyone is SUPPOSED to know]

She still goes ahead and tells me the story handing the Prince Charmin (PC) in my hands and Cinderella lies with her.

She gives instructions that they both should dance now.

She: Ask PC to ask for Cindy's hands

Me: Why are they supposed to hold hands??

She: Coz they are dancing

Me:WOW. And why can't Cindy ask for PC's hands??

She: Coz she is a girl.

Me:Double WOW!OK! And who is PC?

She of course! was not able to answer it. But, out of so many toys she just calls him as PC. [A girl may not always know how her PC will be and why she calls him as PC. But, she knows who cannot be her PC]

Kids give you an aswer that triggers a conncetion somewhere. Age sometimes doesnt matter:)

Comments on "I am a kid...so what..I know my basics!"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Bache log bahut smart hote hain, they grow up and things change. Very nice post, I love the way u connected her actions to more deeper sense...

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (10:07 PM) : 

that is why i loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeee kids.

they r innocent, uncomplicate and far more intelligent than us

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (10:51 PM) : 

this is a very chweeeeeeeeeeeet post...
luvd the way u co-related things :-)
ye very true... kids at times teach us a lot...
i luv their innocence and smartness :-))

My mommie knows it. My daddy knows it. I know it. You don't know it??[With a puzzled look]
popat kar diya tera...
baht smart bachhi hain...
aab bole matt tujh par gayi hian ;-)

chweet post

tk cr
Cheers

 

Blogger virdi said ... (12:44 AM) : 

hehehehe... hum bhi gar bache hote to naam humar hota chunnu munnu... :-)

V..

 

Blogger Deeps said ... (8:09 AM) : 

The way you related the child's reactions to real advices was beautiful. And your niece seems so cute :). Kids, most of the times, are smarter than us adults :).

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:14 AM) : 

#Thanu,
Dekh na kya din aa gaye hain..looking for a blog topic even with kids:D

#viks,
Kya baat kar raha hai?? Mere se to teree badi acchee jamtee hai:P

#Kiddo!!
Kiddo loves kids..Too good:D

#Pooo,
Thanks buddy:)
Are woh bhi popat kar detee hai and mera Aryan bhi!!But love behaving that way with em:))

#Virdi,
me darr gayee tere shakal dekhke! Kini nahee hai to kya haal banake rakha hai apna:P

Itna uttejeet mat ho balak;)

Naam hamaara hota popo:))

#Deeps,
Hey! thanks:)Kids are innocent and they dont manipulate things na thats why it sounds so beautiful:)

 

Blogger Kaala Kavva said ... (11:21 AM) : 

there's two things thats utmost sweet about kids.
1.innocence
2.soft skin

2 to theek hai..
1 is a quality too big....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Lol...funny post...love the whole dialogue between you and the kid...it is always the case...kids just ask these questions that do not have any answers. I have a friend whose niece I was playing with. This niece is 3 year old. We were looking at pictures of different animals. By and by we came upon a yellow elephant(why yellow...do not ask me). The elephant had a big trunk..so I looked at the niece and asked her..if my nose was as big as the elephants. And...she very very innocently...looked at my nose in the earnest and then back at the elephant..and then nodded her yes!!!
Damn kids...lol!

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Kids r smarter than elders anytime...

i dont know why but i get along with kids well... esp in trains.. all the baccha party is at my berth

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (3:23 PM) : 

gr8 imagination kavita. hats off!

 

Blogger R said ... (12:11 AM) : 

I love kids! jab taj rote nahi hain. they can be a pain once they start howling. err, crying.

 

Blogger Bijesh said ... (4:56 AM) : 

that was an interesting post.. and that picture of the tiramisu made me drooollll!! I so love tiramisu, it's the best out there.. ahhhhhhhhh!!

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (8:31 PM) : 

Hehe... kids are the biggest smartasses! They're just foolin' us man! :)

 

Blogger Koi Pahailee said ... (11:05 PM) : 

cool.
its amazing how one connects with the kids...

 

Blogger The Individualist said ... (7:57 PM) : 

Beautiful post.
The way most of the comments said kids are more intelligent than adults, makes me wonder if they are saying that with passing years, our intelligence fades away. Wonder if adults are supposed to feel ashamed because kids, apparently, are more intelligent than they are.
Anyway, kids are the most curious of beings in the whole world. And as most people walk senselessly through their daily routines and passing years, they realise that what they have begun to lack and what years have managed to rob them of, is curiosity. The desire to learn. That, THAT, is the main difference. And kids are amazing at that.
And I love them. :D

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:27 AM) : 

#Z kid,
Soft skin:O
Too good:))

#Freako,
HAhahahah..you mustve put on so much of weight:))
Kami kara jara:P

#Sudeep,
They must be considering you as one amongst them;)

#Ujwal,
:) Thanks!!

#Sword fish,
//Jab tak rote nahi
I agree to that!!Kids are like play with them and later give it back if they cry:P

#Roy,
Its world wide web..you dont need permission to stop by:)Hope you have an enjoybale stay at blogspot:)

#Biju
Welcome to my life!
Tell me about Tiramisue! my body keeps wanting for more!!

#Sash
Hahahhaha...so which kid fooled you man:P

Z kid..hahahhahaha

#The Individualist,
//our intelligence fades away.
I donno what others say,,but my intelligence is slowly considering me alien:))
I love them too..They are just amazing!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:23 AM) : 

God!u really have a cute post there.
Simple yet Profound!
One thing's sure: We are grooming ourselves right from the beginning, circumstances change and so does our attitude to life.

Children have a way of saying somethings, Innocent yet mature that you sometimes wonder who is older....!

Rashmi.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my tera bond site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

What a great site camping williamsburg va cellulitis with blisters daily cellulite news Inkjet cartridges facts Insurance insured law property self Dallas texas liposuction surgeon turtle color cure car polish Lindsay lohan teen choice 2005 butt Canadian cities coats arms cooper tire Windows spyware checker tennessee camping big bear rv camping

 

So you were saying....