Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2006

It is as evanescent as this!

Have you experienced something really ecstasic in life? Something that was making you feel that your life is worthwhile. Be it an event, an accomplishment, a friend, a partner or anything that makes you believe that "Alright, these things can happen. Aisa bhi hota hai"!

When you are almost flowing with the tune and refuse to go and check your notes.

Living for the moment and celebrating something called as Life! Something that breathes an air of freshness.

It is almost equivalent to this phenomenon that I call as "Happiness Bubble"

Like in this pic, the child is so happy to see those tiny soap bubbles in the air. As a child, I was fascinated with this tiny and circular bubbles that floated freely in the air! You want to hold it in your hands, feel it in your palms. You want to keep it forever!

So much is the magic of these little bubbles that you believe what you see.

They come in all sizes. Some tiny and ephemeral and some larger and maybe last for a longer duration.

In the end, irresepective of shape and size, they are evanescent. They DISAPPEAR.

Thats when the "Happiness bubble breaks"

It happens in a time even when you are busy relishing the sight it produced few seconds back!

Its afterall a bubble. It has no solid foundation. Most of the times, its a figment of our perception, when we become more ambitious and expect that the bubble lasts just a little longer!


Comments on "It is as evanescent as this!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Very True!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 AM) : 

hota hai ..chalta hai ..duniya hai (dun exactly remember kis movie ka dialogue hai?):D

oye chill Di ..trust me u r not the only one experiencing this short-lived treat of life!

So let it go ..and wait for the next train (which btw is ur seminar na :P)!

 

Blogger Shriedhar said ... (2:50 AM) : 

may be out of context here..

if that child is very happy i'l bring him lots n lots of baloons that resemble bubbles ,sure they will make him more happy :)
n they r not evanescent too :0)

just had this thought ,wen i saw the pic..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

So maybe happiness is not the most important thing after all. Sound good!

 

Blogger virdi said ... (4:33 AM) : 

yes re... I have also felt like that... :-(

V..

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (6:00 AM) : 

OMFG, this is so true!!! My happiness bubble burst just 20 minutes ago...:( Never mind...I'll soon have a new one...it always happens. One bubble bursts, while another one forms...so, it all comes down to us to spot the new bubble...yeh MAINE kaha?! Wow...*applauds her own corny dialogue*.

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (6:03 AM) : 

that baby is chooo happy n chweet

ye even I've felt like this :-)

when we become more ambitious and expect that the bubble lasts just a little longer!
very well said dear :-)

Cheerssssssssss

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (1:54 PM) : 

kya hua ROS...itna sub senti post....
the baby is cute...may be its yuvraj singh 20 yrs back..trying to catch the bubbles then....:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

I can only say it's so true....

To never take such a bubble for granted and being in that moment is perhaps the best thing to do.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:52 PM) : 

#Anon,
:)

#Nitin,
I know am not the only one, but maybe the only one who gets affected by that!

#Ganga.
When things happen you correlate it to something as insignificant as the soap bubble!


#Shreedhar,
That indeeed bought a big smile on my face:) Thanks!! Dream big..too cool..

#Ss,
We all strive for happiness, nevertheless.Isnt it
???

#Popo,
:(

#The Girl,
OK! so now OMFG kya hai????:O

Kisne toda tere bubble ko baccha??
new bubble bhi poorane bubble jaisa hi dikhta hai..hard to differentiate!!

#Poo
yeah..me love that kid as well
We all must have..somehow!!

#Lazy leo,

Welcome!!
That was indeed well said..

Thanks:)

#Ujwal,
Kya hua....too much of a broad question:(
You find Yuvie CUTE??

#Hershey,
I know:(

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (10:16 PM) : 

but, there are a lot of bubbles that never break like the phone calls u receive frm 7.30-8.00 pm, email all day...

hugs
-thanu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:52 PM) : 

#Thanu,
And there are some bubbles that indeed last forever! like the phone calls that I receive on my verizon and those emails too that I receive from you and my chatur chaar!

 

Blogger R said ... (5:22 AM) : 

Last week, I noticed I had quite a lot of money in my bank account. And that's when I said, 'Aisa bhi hota hai.'

:P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Wow....never looked at it that way. What an insightful post.

 

Blogger aria said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Hmm .. I sometimes like to burst the bubble myself .. :)

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I dont find Yuvi cute...i mean he might be from a girls eye...but not from my eyes...FOR SURE!
I compared yuvraj's catching and the baby's catching...
:)))

 

Blogger Keshi said ... (8:06 PM) : 

So ver true..and very well-written!

Just enjoy the bubble while it lasts :)

Keshi.

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (1:38 AM) : 

kahan hain bachi tu :-)

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (2:55 AM) : 

OMFG? Oh My F God :P Hehe...

Kisna toda mera bubble? Kissi ne nahin! I just thought that it was burst while it wasn't. ;) I've a bubble! I've a bubble! YAY!!! *Victory dance*

 

So you were saying....