Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

3 countries and 4 time zones yet so close


For the info, read
this recent post from Sayesha.

I am sure, I DO NOT have the patience to match up with Sayesha in terms of this longest post in the history of blogger:)

She has done a wonderful job on giving an ode to one of our coolest pals..
Vikram

A very Happy birthday to you friend:)

As Sash (Singaporean angel) says..Virdi (Chennai lad) , ROS (Omaha gal), Viks (Typical banglorean and LA lad) are the 4 elements of Chatur Chaar (CC)

She has done an excellent work at writing the origin of the CC and also for the idea of sending a gift for Vikram.
Details plz refer Sayeshaz;)

However, this is my part of the story. These are few of the moments at Chatur chaar:)

In the beginning, when just me and Sayesha were friends and Vikram and I used to exchange emails seperately.

Suddenly, I was having this convo with Viks and Sayesha parallely when both of them pissed me off by saying something (as always):P

So this is what Sash says:

From: Raysofsun S Mailed-By: gmail.com

To: Sayesha
sayeshaz@gmail.com

Ja mujhe na ab yaad aa tu..
udhar vik ke saath bhi jhagda ho raha hai

From: Sayesha Mailed-By: gmail.com

To: Raysofsun S

Achha tabhi mujhe ignore kiya?? Usko kitne dinon se jaanti hai? Mujhe kitne dinon se jaanti hai?? I'm sure 0.5 days more?

Dost dost na raha... pyaar pyaar na rahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................

From: Sayesha sayeshaz@gmail.com

To: Raysofsun S

Arreeeee... baap re... ab tum dono teaming up against me?? Woh dimaag wala comment?? Arre yaar... I am sure he knows I was kidding.... bahut naatak karta hai yeah Karnataka

From: Raysofsun S Mailed-By: gmail.com

To: Sayesha

He says, we should conference. Tera yahoo id kya hai??

So this is how me , sayesha and vikram met:)

Until now, I had no interaction with Virdi whatsoever. I used to silently read his blogs about "Girls and Freindship", "Girls and Anger" and all girl gyaans. Based on his comments on Sayeshaz every single post by saying "A spit infested with virus on you", he really intimidated me. Until the time he posted a comment on one of my posts.

Then one fine day, we both exchanging emails and well on the first day itself, Virdi called me a "Khadoos ki aatma"

But, then all I knew was..he is helluva of a straighforward guy and totally adorable!

Somehow, we all started talking and exchanging emails. Right now, I was browsing through the 1395 emails that we have exchanged so far!! and dont know how exactly all the four of us got together!

I think thats the essence of friendship. You never can tell when you got close. Right now the chatur chaar is oxygen, air, eath and water. Totally essential for survival in this world that can drive anyone insane:)

Everyday, after I get back home from work, its heartening to see an email that goes like this!


From: Sayesha
Mailed-By: gmail.com
To: Bhavdeep Virdee
Cc: Vikram Kulkarni , Raysofsun S
Date: Dec 15, 2005 6:25 PM


Subject: Salaam Namaste


Salaam Namaste my dear listeners! This is your RJ live from Singapore!Good morning LA, good morning Omaha, good morning sleepy Madras...I'm back today, after a crazy crazy day at work, with four majormeetings! Thak gaye yaar! Lekin aaj Friday hai (at least for Popo andme) wooohooooooooooooooo! :D

I miss you guys today... wish we could all hang out somewhere man...

Sash

And sometimes, emails such as this:

From: Sayesha Mailed-By: gmail.comTo: Bhavdeep Virdee Cc: Vikram Kulkarni , Raysofsun S Date: Dec 15, 2005 6:27 PM

Viks tera toh har cheez ke saath beer ka hi combo hota hai! Apni shaadi ke mandap par baithkar beer piyega aur bolega shaadi aur beer,ultimate combo!

Arre naatak company kahan gayi aaj?? ROS?? O ROS! Kiththe hai baby? :)

And one fine day, a yawning Virdi will shoot an email saying

good morning amreeka... good maarning inga minga singa pore... why are we always pulling each others legs??? cant we just talk some sense sometimes??


From: Raysofsun S
Subject: Re: Koi hai??

I am tired of talking sense, analysing people and discussing science!

And one some of the days when things just dont look bright..an utter TP email chat between Virdi and Viks is enuf to bring a grin on face!

ok if this cheers you up..

an important CIA conversation between Agent Vikram and Agent Virdi :

Here me is Vikram!

Bhavdeep: oye hero
whats up/??
me: bol re...
kuch nahi re
Bhavdeep: bus hi bolna tha
now back to work
khi khi khi
selvar mani
Bhavdeep: she had no one but u to talk to Khi Khi Khi Khi Khi Khi
yehich bola main
operation narth
style kampleet sauth
me: style south.. operation complete north... khi khi khi
hehehe
mast hai bey
Bhavdeep: sarkaar yeh ek chokra hai. isko kuch kaam pe lagao. aapka toh bahut jaan pehchaan hai film industry mein.
me: hehe.. mein kisike kaam mein dakhal nahi deta
khi khi khi
Bhavdeep: doosron kekaam mein main dakhal andazi nahi karta
me: yehich bola mein isko
kya bola main!!
yehich bola main

Bhavdeep: olympic mein gold medel nkya bola thaa??

me: wolympic not olympic.. hehe

Bhavdeep: swamiji aap aabhi hare raama hare krishna karo. bahut jaldi mulakaat hone wala hai me: rashid.. isko clean bowled kar do.. direct heart mein maro ya brain mein sarkaar ko itna con­ces­sion dena mangta

Bhavdeep: and tum aabhi dubai jao aur wahan sand ka gaddha khood ke us mein chup jao me: swamiji tumhara position safe hai full volume daalke hare rama hare krishna gao bohot jaldi meeting hone waali hai

Bhavdeep: coming to the point. kidhar maarna isko?? isko bahar leke jao. yehan mat maaro. rashid.. isko clean bowled kar do.. direct heart mein maro ya brain mein. sarkaar ko itna con­ces­sion dena mangta. (THIS IS THE COMPLETE DIALOG)

jobless saaale

me: aapki baaton mein aaya.. mera greastessht mishtake

Bhavdeep: aapki baaton mein aaya.. mera greastessht mish­take"then he hits his hand on his head"


From: Sayesha
To: Raysofsun S
Cc: Bhavdeep Virdee , Vikram Kulkarni
Date: Mar 26, 2006 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: Ullus
Went to my favourite Cambodianrestaurant... yaar non-Indian vegetarian khana bhi itna tasty ho saktahai pata hi nahin tha! :P

Kal I watched Virasat. Wept 100 ml. Then did assignment


From: Raysofsun S

To: Sayesha
Cc: Bhavdeep Virdee , Vikram Kulkarni
Date: Mar 26, 2006 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: Ullus
HAhahhaa I read it as non-vegeterian indian khana itna tasti ho skata hai kya:O
and i was like...whoops!! maine suna hai desi non veg is tasty and yeh ladki kya bol rahee hai!
100 ml?? wht kind of figure is that:P


From: Sayesha
To: Raysofsun S
Cc: Bhavdeep Virdee , Vikram Kulkarni
Date: Mar 26, 2006 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: Ullus
100 ml aansu re... matlab agar saare aansu collect karke measuring cylinder mein daala hota toh lower meniscus 100 ml ko touch karta.Offo! :)

Overall, the four discuss everything about their lives! And whenever I read these emails, its sure to crack me up! Just like now as am typing this!

Bollywood, work, bosses, colleagues, clothes, food, vacations,music.

We know when Sayesha wakes up in S'pore, when she goes to the gym. When Vikram must be in a bar and when ROS should not be disturbed and when we need a hug:)

We are all poles apart as far as personality is concerned.

Sayesha:-the creative, talented and enthusiastic girl who is someone we all can relate to and would think as someone whom we have known for a long time!

Virdi: The senti and funny dude! with the most sexy voice. One guy who has heard me cry on the phone despite being seperated by 7 oceans.

Vikram: The Birthday boy

Few pointers about him:

  • Tall and good looking chap
  • Hilarious to the core
  • Who can say a lot of things but can never hurt anyone intentionally
  • Who not only likes music (esp Pink Floyd) but who also knows trivia that none else would probably know
  • Who according to me can practically survive on beer and vodka
  • Who cannot bear the girly nakhras but one who can totally understand you if you are down
  • And more than this which very few people on blogger would know

ROS: Thats me. Well, like a book that you think you have read but still cannot understand. One whom they love teasing and manaoing.

In all the Chatur chaar club is a health club:

Where you,

  • Laugh together..
  • Cry together
  • Play pranks
  • Exercise your brain cells to come up with one liners to pull each others legs
  • Lift each others spirits

Sometimes, people whom you haven't met and people who are seperated by miles bring joy unlimited!

So with this, we wish Vikram a happy 25th birthday! and am sure he is as happy as we are for all the cards that he got!

For the one, who did not believe in birthdays this is what he feels

GUYS!!,

I just got home and found a FedEx package lying next to my front door. I saw the sender is from Nebraska. I knew you guys were upto something. I feel so embarresed now. I reminded all of you of my birthday and you guys were forced to send something out to me. Sheesh.

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for the wonderful handwritten messages. I'm touched to say the least. Noone has ever done anything like this before. All my friends don't care about my birthday and so do I about their birthdays. You guys made me feel so important. I have never felt like that before.

You guys are the best. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Love you guys. :)

Sayesha - My brain tells me it was your idea. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't wish to take away the credit from Virdibhai or ROS.

Virdi Bhai - Arrey yaar, thank you for your letter in Hindi yaar. It's been close to ten years I read Hindi. Dil ko choo liya re. :)

ROS - What can I say? Born to irritate me? Hahaha. Bring it on babe. Apun always there to get angry at your "girly" comments. All that aside, thanks a lot re. Noone ever made me feel so special in life before. It feels a little weird but I like the feeling. I want to ride on the feeling even after my birthday is over. Hahaha :)

Anyway, you guys are too good re. I'll probably copy - paste this on my blog along with the pictures of all the wonderful, heart warming messages you sent.

Maan, I can't believe I got so freakin' emotional. Need to grab a beer. FAST.

Thanks again guys. You rock.

And so do you, dude!!

Like I always say, sometimes you dont believe in things until they happen to you:)

Comments on "3 countries and 4 time zones yet so close"

 

Blogger virdi said ... (12:42 AM) : 

Virdi called me a "Khadoos ki aatma"

Oh no so I didnt call you khadoos?? You want me to call you that?? Khi Khi Khi Khi

Abe Vikram Happy Birthday

V...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:43 AM) : 

#Viks!

Thanks re!
Was just having one of those days at work and came home and dint feel like doing anything!
In the silence of the night, was churning up past emails and decided to make a post:)
Wonder how much time Sash took to compile that, it took me 2 hrs:))

Chal enjoy your day..I hope some girl gives you a lavender scented perfumed letter:P

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:45 AM) : 

#Virdi,
Aha! here comes another CC;)
Accha hai..Sash ko sms kiya..she dint reply..meeting mein hogi aur fone silent karke baithee hogee..khi khi khi!

Abe tu khadoos..thats proven:) and am cool even thats proven:)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (12:53 AM) : 

Sash ko office mein senti kar diya re... 200 ml more aansu now! :'(

Sheesh, I miss you guys so much... can't wait till we meet!

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (12:54 AM) : 

//Wonder how much time Sash took to compile that, it took me 2 hrs:))

Poochh mat re... jaan nikal gayi emails dig out kar kar ke! :P


//Sash ko sms kiya..she dint reply..meeting mein hogi aur fone silent karke baithee hogee..khi khi khi!

I swear!! Tujhe kaise maaloom?? :O

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:56 AM) : 

#Sash,
No more ansoo now!! lets dessicate the tears...
Me too:(

#Sash,
Chalo now that you have replied, aaram se so saktee hai..

//I swear!! Tujhe kaise maaloom?? :O //
Dost kya aise hi nahi bante:P
Intuition baby:)

 

Blogger R said ... (9:42 AM) : 

You guys rock!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:54 AM) : 

#Rohit,
:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

nice

simbly nice....

Happy burday vikram ...

aur mei soch raha tha .. vikram B ka budday may may hai ... :P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

nice

simbly nice....

Happy burday vikram ...

aur mei soch raha tha .. vikram B ka budday may may hai ... :P

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (2:54 PM) : 

hey ROS
Awesome sentimental blog as usual..keep up the good spirit..iam sure vikram had a great b'day
here is my 2 cents worth belated B'Day wishes to him
hats off to "chatur char":D
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (6:29 PM) : 

#ROS,
Yeh oopar wala banda tujhe game system bechne ki koshish kar raha hai. Iska game baja daalein kya? ;)

 

Blogger Apy said ... (11:28 PM) : 

I started reading your post 1 hr back .. found a link to sayesha's post ..thought may be ur writing with respect to what sayesha wrote .. so went to her post and read that .. long post n amazing one... left my comments there . then went to Viks blog to wish him Happy b day .. Belated :( as i was late so read his complete post and wished him n then realised that o mi gosh.. i started from ROS s post so came back here to complete this... Would say again .. you guys rock .. so here s makin a wish... May u all b best frns foreva

 

Blogger Rajit said ... (7:27 PM) : 

"Chatur char!"..... Door gaon mein jab koi bachcha apne dost se jhagadta hai, to uski maa usko bolti hai, "Beta chatur char se kuch seekh"...... ;-)

Good effort towards your legendry friendship.

Cheers
Rajit

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (3:19 AM) : 

Lovely post ...

chatur char pe ek book nikalne ki kya?
like Famous Five n Secret seven?

but i want a big piece in the moolah for the idea :)

the sarkar convo was hilarious..

Sometimes, people whom you haven't met and people who are seperated by miles bring joy unlimited
true true

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (3:19 AM) : 

n had tagged u in my last post..
karnar ka?

 

Blogger Apy said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Hey came back to tel u bout the tag thingie tht u did to me.. has been successfully completed..
Apy reporting Ma'm :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 AM) : 

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

 

So you were saying....