Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 20, 2006

My Seven

Omaha is snowed down so forced to being home!
Ah! how different it is to be home on a monday..and probably tuesday also.
Am a little jumpy and a restless cancerian who sometimes wants what she can't get. So right now my lab beckons me:O
Meanwhile, I was tagged by Rustic-Rhapsody long long time back. This is the first time the marvellous writer has tagged me to write my seven.
7 things I wanna do before I die ..
  • Get my PhD - Have spent the youth of my life in the lab and surely this is one goal for which I have given up a lot of things that I would not have otherwise.
  • Spend time with my family..meaning really spend some quality time.
  • Learn ball room dancing
  • To really see India..the bakwaters of Kerala, the Taj Mahal, Darjeeling, Assam
  • To learn a musical instrument
  • Relax..Dont' ask me what it is. But I really think someday I want to just relax! Eat the food that someone else cooks for me, get a head massage:D
  • To get married and have a cute little child..After all thats one thing everyone wants..I am no different:)

7 things I don’t enjoy doing ..

  • Cleaning up the mess that someone else makes
  • Waiting for someone..It is irritating to wait people who are not punctual or who don't respect someone else's time.
  • Talking to someone when I don't feel interested
  • Passing caustic remarks- I dont like doing it and hate if someone does that
  • Cutting vegetables:- As much as I love cooking, I totally dislike cutting veggies.Dont know why!
  • Thinking and making calculated moves before doing something that I really want to do. Kills the spontaineity.
  • Women who wear excessive perfumes as if they have showered with a bucketful of perfume.

7 things I say most often ..

  • Paka mat (Don't bore me)
  • Whatever
  • Oh God
  • Well...
  • How stupid
  • Hang on
  • Hi!

7 books I like:

  • Atlas Shrugged
  • The Alchemist
  • Wuthering Heights
  • Mill on the floss
  • Tuesdays with Morrie
  • Batatyachee chawl (Its a marathi book by PL Deshpande)
  • Different kinds of recipe books

7 english movies I can watch again and again ....

  • Serendipity ( There's some feel good factor about that movie)
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • Sleepless in Seattle
  • Crash
  • Three to Tango
  • Notting Hill
  • You've got mail

7 hindi movies I can watch again and again ....

  • Dil Chahta Hai
  • Jo jeeta wohi sikandar
  • Golmaal
  • Qayamat se Qayamat Tak
  • Angoor
  • Baaton Baaton Mein
  • Dilwale dulhaniya le jaayenge

7 things that attracted me to blogging ..

Well..I would pass this one..Nothing really! just started writing one fine day! Now that I have started, there are few things I like doing. I think blogging is an interesting medium!! I have discovered so many things and came across so many nice people that I would not have otherwise!

  • To maintain a journal of small but significant things
  • To vent off
  • To share my happiness
  • To connect to people who have the slightest interest in my life!
  • For the photography such as Talwar
  • For the travelogue such as Hopscotch
  • For the food such as Onehotstove

Where else can you get everything at the click of a mouse!

7 pieces of music I enjoy .. ..

Really picky about music. Nothing particular but can't listen to everything that plays on the radio. Dislike heavy metal. Its soft rock for me. More than the band, I like some specific songs.

  • Micheal Learns to Rock- Thats my first love, ever since I knew what english music wasSo many songs that I love from this band. Right combination of slow and pop. "I am gonna love you to the end", "Somewhere'
  • Bryan Adams- There was a time when I used to listen to "Cloud # 9" "Summer of 69" "best of me" on the loop!
  • Savage Garden:- I think their "Affirmation"song has one of the most realistic lyrics, "I knew I loved you" has a subtle picturization
  • Shaan:- Too many to list. But totally romantic songs such as "Woh pehli baar jab hum mile" "Gumsum ho kyun" then "Tanha dil and Bhool Ja"
  • Kishore Kumar :- Most versatile singer, anything that he sings touches that nerve somewhere. Happy songs "Yeh shaam mastani" "Mere sapnon ki rani" or sad songs such as "Kahan tak yeh mann ko andhere chalenge" 'Aane wala pal" or romantic tunes such as "Neele neele ambar par" "Pal pal dil ke paas'. He is just different!
  • Sonu Nigam:- Apart from his good looks, he has a great voice! talented and full of life. First time, I saw him performing on the show of "Sa re ga ma" I think he is just cool. Few of his songs that I really like "Mujhe raat din-from the movie Sangharsh, "Meree Kahani", "Tu jahan" "Kal ho na ho"
  • Shreya Ghoshal:- i think her voice has freshness at the time when female singers only meant Lata mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle. Her voice is a welcome change! Really like few of her songs "Jadoo hai nasha hai", "Piyu Bole", "Suna suna (a rare song) from the movie Krishna Cottage, "Naam Ada likhna" (Courtesy:Sayesha for reminding me)
  • Jagjit Singh: Again too many songs to list. Totally like this song from Jogger's Park "Badi naazuk", "Shaam se ankhon mein", 'Apni marzi se kahan apne safar ke hum hain"

7 people I'm tagging ..

Hmm! Not sure who..Rajit and Apy are two new bloggers. Would like to know some about them.

Comments on "My Seven"

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (4:52 PM) : 

Me first! :D

Send me "Suna suna"

Hey, you forgot 'Naam ada likhna', one of the BEST of Shreya's work! :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (5:48 PM) : 

#Sash,
Sent it:)
And made that change..Dont know how I could forget that!

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (5:55 PM) : 

I wanna
*Learn ball room dancing
*To learn a musical instrument
And am alwaz punctual and can't stand when ppl are late.

 

Blogger aria said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Wow! Surprise surprise ..
I really thought you have forgotten abt the tag .. but here it is :)
Thanks a lot @ marvellous writer :D
Aah feels so good .. seriously!

Dislike cutting vegetables was so cute! LOL .. I hate cooking anyways n everytime I gather some courage I'm completely put off by the "cutting veggies" part ..
Hehe @ paka mat ..
Michael learns to rock .. wow I'd forgoten abt tht band . .how cud I - reminded me of the college days!

quiet interesting list .. and thnks for completing the tag ..
Always a pleasure to know more abt you .. n yes saw some new things here .. (like ball room dancing!)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:07 AM) : 

#Thanu,
Musical instrument seekh rahee hai na tu..I have to start from buying something first!
And well u never told me but I knew that you hate late comers;)

#Aria!
Hahahaha..its a cancerian memory..Never ditches me!
And the lady neeeds to be appreciated..What i thought was what I wrote:)
You do write well..Aise hi journalist thodee ban gayee hai:)
MLTR rocks!
I have two left feet but ball room dancing is quite romantic:)

 

Blogger Apy said ... (2:17 AM) : 

Well Well Well !!
Some one s tagged me.. I m honoured... wil start workin on it
(Feel like school main teacher ne home work de diya hai :D..jus kiddin )

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (8:02 AM) : 

Snow padla mhanun sutti :)) .. sahi ki

To learn a musical instrument
to complement the singing talent which we discussed.. ha ha

didn't u forget Sheesh?

Shreya n Sonu r my fav too alongwith Kunal Ganjawala
Naam Ada likhna faar bhari gaana aahe... esp the lyrics

 

Blogger R said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Oye! I also feature here! Yoohoooo!

Backwaters of Kerala.. Me too! Let's team up!

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (10:40 PM) : 

nice one sweeti
nice way to pass ur time :-)

DDLJ is my all time favs ;-)
i wanna see crash :-(
time hi nahin mil raha

I luvd those gazals of Jagit Singh listed by u :-)

take care
n enjoy the snow

Cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 AM) : 

Batatyachee chawl... OMG!! That is so awesome book that even non-Marathi readers should read it! Man, one of my fav. read

 

Blogger RP said ... (8:53 AM) : 

RoS,
Get my PhD
WoW! RoS, a PhD?? I luv it. Zimbly Zuperb! It was my wish to do one but was not able to even think of enrolling into one. :-(

Learn ball room dancing
Kool. Very interesting.

To learn a musical instrument
Oh! This looks almost like my wish-list. :-)

And, yeah, yer 7 pieces of music I enjoy is just a replica of mine. :-D

Enzoy maadi.

 

Blogger Rajit said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Good taste of music, I like "Gumsum ho kyu" by Shaan a lot.

I've heard a lot about PuLaDeshpande, sadly I don't understand Marathi!

Thanks for the tag.

 

Blogger Neha Sinha said ... (9:46 PM) : 

:O
i am surprised! hamari choices 80% milti hain :D

me bak...exams over! no more a skul goin kid. "wink wink"!

btw I saw you on orkut \:D/

 

Blogger if_tomm_comes said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Wow we really have a lot in common. Glad to see many others also have the same interests.

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:51 PM) : 

#Apy,

This school teacher is not very strict..take your time:D

#Sudeep,
Singing talent..lol...lori:)))
Kunal Ganjwala tar avdaylach pahije..Wink wink;)

#Rohit
Sure!! In that case, I need not worry about the camera:P

#Poo,
I know;)
Tujhe "Mandir"jaane ko time nahi milta:P
Let me knoe if u want those gazals..hai mere paas:D

#Prad
I know..isnt it amzingly written??

#RP
Hahahha..nahi re...I dont think itna khush hone walee baat hai..read my recent post!!
Ya I came in your sapna and dhapoed yoour list:P
Hey Bhagwan tu bhi start ho gayaa "Maadi"O
Viks has yet another company..

#Rajit,
Ya thats an awesome song!
//I've heard a lot about PuLaDeshpande, sadly I don't understand Marathi!//
:(

#Pandora

Bacchi skool nahi jaayegee!! Cool

//btw I saw you on orkut \:D/
I know..:)

#If tomm....
Hey11 glad to see you here and superglad to know that we really have a lot of commn things:)

 

Blogger Shreyas said ... (5:32 AM) : 

the nets being very funny... happened to get to ur blog thru orkut thru apu nachances profile to urs to ur blog... the list of 7 and that too of so many things was really cool... nice write-up

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (8:53 AM) : 

ka bara? Ganjawala madhye evadha kay bhari aahe ki avdaylach pahije?

 

Blogger educatedunemployed said ... (3:45 PM) : 

Wow, we have so much in common.Fancy a trip around India together?I too really want to see my country.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

 

So you were saying....