Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

4 or is it more

I zabardasti made Thanu tag me with High-5.
The thing is, apart from loving tags, I think these days there is just one thought hovering in my mind and I find ir boring to blog about that every waking day of my life!
My work life stress, that is!
Today, my boss is away so letting myself go for a bit!

Neways, so here goes

4 Jobs that I have had :

  • I have always been a bekaar (jobless). Thats a fact! I have never worked in an industry.
  • If scholarships count then I have had three.
  • If being a Teaching Assistant counts
  • If being a Research Assistant counts

Here am done with 4..Lolz!!

Jobs that left me:

Please refer above:P

4 Movies I can recommend to anyone: Big fan of comedy movies and Amol Palekar. All these movies, I must have watched 25 plus times. There was a time, when I would play either of these movies before I left for exams. Sad, they dont make such movies anymore:(

  • Chupke-chupke [Love that scene where Dharmendra speaks in English]
  • Jaane bhi do yaaron [The Mahabharat scene rocks]
  • Golmaal [Utpal Dutt and Amol Palekar..lethal combo]
  • Padosan [Kishore Kumar. Amazing is the word. Love ek chatur naar]

4 Places I've lived or linger in my memory: Havent lived in many places, but--

  • Mumbai
  • Shreveport, Louisiana
  • The terrace above my best friends apartment in Kalyan [Have shared all the pages of my life's chapter just strolling over there on a moonlit night]

4 TV shows I will remember: Aah many. Will make a seperate post out of it. The days of now endangered DD. The days before Ekta Kapoor made all those prime hours painful. The days when hindi serials rocked.

  • Surabhi [Remember the classic Renuka Shahane smile? An awesome Indian travelogue]
  • Dekh Bhai Dekh [Loved it when Chachi said "Somu re..Tere munh mein keede tere munh mein dhool]
  • Sailaab [Yes! Big fan of Renuka Shahane's serials. Ever heard the title track sung by Jagjit Singh??]
  • Chaal navachi vachal wasti [A marathi serial that dealt with the life of a regular life of an individual who lived in chawls. The neighborhood bantering and the problems. Wonderful serial made by Sai Paranjpe]

4.Vacations I will always remember:

  • Miami [My first vacation in US]
  • Summer Vacations during school time. When we would set off to any place and not care of time constraints.
  • Kanyakumari [The most amazing place I have ever seen]
  • East-coast trip [NY, NJ and DC]

4 Foods I love:

  • Big fan of Mumbai food. Indian-chinese, ragda patties, pav bhaji and batata wada.
  • Dosa-sambar-chutney
  • Dishes that have paneer
  • Puran Poli [A Maharashtrian delicacy made out of jaggery and dals. Eat it with dollops of ghee. Amazing]

4.Places I'd rather be: People make the place. So all these places with...people with whom I wanna be with.

  • On streets of Mumbai [Marine drive or Band stand with my junta back home]
  • Venice [Holidaying with Thanu;)]
  • Singapore [Only if Id known Sayesha last Summer]
  • In my house [With my sister, chatting away to glory and drinking chai]

Tagging: Sayesha [I know she aint gonna do it. But, if I dont tag her she gets disappointed also:P]

Jeenu

Pradyot

Bhole

Comments on "4 or is it more"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Me too love anything with paneer... I can not believe that I missed ur enter vali post...

An u made comment popup - this is nice...

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:14 PM) : 

#Thanu,
Ya..I wrote it after I went home y'day and have this post this morning!

 

Blogger Bhole said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Holy Crap :) I thought sirf 4 jobs i have had....that would have been easy :D

Let me warn you....this is gonna take time. Had you not informed me about the tag i wouldn't have found out.

BTW, How are ya? Long time no speak :)

 

Blogger aria said ... (11:55 PM) : 

ROTFL @ The days before Ekta Kapoor made all those prime hours painful.
So true .. miss those times when they aired some real meaningful serials.
Quiet zabardast tag - haven't seen it arnd before! Out of the places mentioned in best vacation - at least I have seen one place - Kanyakumari. Love paneer too .. n tempted to try pooran poli .. dunno if I can find it here ..
Jeenu is gayab again .. hope she is shaken awake frm her slumber by this tag. She only writes tags anyways .. these days .. :) hehe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 AM) : 

Aha! The tag again... this time it is quite simple though... will comply soon.

 

Blogger virdi said ... (3:12 AM) : 

Surabhi was soooo mcuh information about India... I loved it... :-)

V...

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (9:08 AM) : 

hey tabiyat kashi aahe aata?

ashikshit ... i mean sushikshit bekaar :P

Golmaal n Padosan r my fav too :))

Surabhi was awesome... n DBD was even more awesome

Gosh! How did I forget South-Indian dishes in my list...

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (9:32 PM) : 

//Tagging: Sayesha [I know she aint gonna do it. But, if I dont tag her she gets disappointed also:P]

HAHAHAHAHA! You're so adorable, ROS!

Yes yes I will do this tag! :P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 AM) : 

Oh Gosh.........I want to taste Puran Poli...kya yahan indian stores mein milta hai woh. I should ask. It's absolutely yummy.

And I need to re-watch all the films you mentioned. Should be fun! :) And I liked Amol Palekar too.....so innocent looking yaar :).

 

Blogger virdi said ... (9:38 AM) : 

sayesha you tag me... i also want to do this thing... pls pls pls...

V...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

hey rays
now that was an awesome blog
have not been reading blogs ya blogging for a long time but since u tagged me
i will def blog
cheers

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:11 PM) : 

#Bhole,
WHAT..this simple thing is going to take time??
I will call you tommorrow...

#Viks,
Pooran Poli!! OMG..the day I make those..I will consider myself to be genuis!!

#Aria
Everyone has done this tag.I assumed even you did!! feel free to do this!!!!
Puran polis USA mein milta hai..although frozen...Dilli mein kyun nahi milega??

Jeenu has been instructed to do tag duties!!!

#Prad,
Good compliance...

#Virdi,
I would love to watch re runs of Surabhi...


#Suddep,
Yea right...sabse bada anari:))
Zabaan sambhalke was also good!!!

#Sayesha,
WOW..the lady doing the tag duties..too cool...nd yea am adorable:)))

#Hershey,
Haan yaaar you get those frozen ones...aint all that good..but if you eat it with ghee it tastes good!!and you can afford to eat ghee;)
Yeah! Amol Palekar..has the look of a decent guy yaar:)

#Virdi,
Abe tu bhi tag le..mujhe laga..U will daanto me if I tag you..isliye nahi kiya...
Waise hi becharee ROS ko sab daante hain:(


#Anon
Is that Jeenu?
Has to be..
Why arent you logged in?

 

So you were saying....