Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 03, 2006

Heave of sigh

Finally, everything has been taken care of..(for the time being)
So how has my three months gone by:-
  • On the flip side:-
Lots of negative energy. Few accomplishments and a lot of whining.
Plenty of deadlines and lot of unrecognized effort. You know, how one feels that the credit that he deserves is taken away from him??
At the end of it..I think its all happened for a reason.
  • On the kitchen front

Ms. ROS has lost one pound!!

Thanks to all the bahar ka frozen khana and Maggi that I have managed to gulp down my throat. Swear! have never eaten so much of frozen food during the entire time that I have lived here..I think now I cannot stand Maggi for atleast a couple of months!!! The same happened with my roomies in Shreveport..where Rajma and Chole were made genereously, such that I have never bought a single can of Rajma for almost 2 years now. This time around its "Pulav" I think I have enjoyed my days under the sun with pulao and am done with that!!!

Thanks to a wonderful friend, I am regaining my lost interest in cooking...Will churn up something new sometime soon.

  • Weekend Junket

Screwed up gym schedule. Screwed up social life. Life for me on the weekend has been to blast music and work in the lab..Like the voicemail someone left me few days back "What the hell are you doing in the lab on a saturday"..Hahahah if I think back..nothing really!!

On the sweeter side:

  • Realized that there are too many nice people who wished well for me. Who thought and prayed for me every single day. Especially Thanu! Can never thank her enough. Keep bugging her every single day!!!
  • My chatur chaar, Sudeep and wolf2181, Puneet, for always prepping me up in a way or other!!

Three of the people I know---

  • My cousin for one..delivered a baby boy today. Remember where I had started a poll deciding what name should they give him?? Finally, the boy has been named NEEL..Yeah! just the name I wanted to give my son!!!!! I thank them for not naming him Neal [damn the Neal and Nikki]
  • My building friend, Sheetal, whom I have known since I was born..[she is 2 years older than me] delivered a baby boy!
  • My childhood friend Ashi, delivered a baby girl as well.

Isnt it beautiful?News such as this..makes life so worthwhile! Its especially harder to imagine people whom you have grown up with to bear babies!

Sheetal has been one person who would say "babies are good as long as they play and smile. When they cry, you just wanna give them back to their moms"

Like in the case of my childhood friend..I emailed her hubby and said (edited version and fictional names) "It would be quite a delight to see the wonderful transformation of Ashi from a girl to a mom" To which he replies "You are mistaken...Ashi is still a kid and now I have to take care of two babies"

HAHAHAHAHA. I find such hubbies adorable! Who love a little bit of childishness in their wives!

  • For the next four days, life is going to be less stressful. So here I begin an effort to revamp myself again. Two days of lab-free days!!

As seen from above the good points outweigh the bad points! yeay..I am still good:-) My life ain't that bad:O

Comments on "Heave of sigh"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 AM) : 

oye wo sab to thik hai ..par ek angle untouched reh gaya aapki life ka :P

PS: I can`t bliv u were actually gymming :o

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:25 AM) : 

#Grain Saint,
Jab tera comment mere mailbox mein aaya..I was like who isshh thishhh...
Yeh kya naam baar baar chage karta hai!!
//..par ek angle untouched reh gaya aapki life ka :P//
SOme angles are too obtuse baccha!! accomodate nahi hota!

And yes I do gymming...6.4 pe 20 mins..on treadmill..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 AM) : 

# ROS Di

oh this time I`m donning an anagram for my name ..so!
angle chodo ..ek str8 line draw karo simple :D
hihihi ..on treadmill ..and thats wat u call gymming ..the conventional gym goers had freak out at this :P:P

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:40 AM) : 

#Grain,
Oye!itna kar letee hoon kafi hai...I dont run beyond 2 miles in summer...invisble ho jaoongee:P

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (1:53 AM) : 

oyeee kavi...
aur kitna weight loose karegi...
stop eating frozen food

mast ghee butter laga kar kha kahana :-))

am choo happy to c my name on the sweeter side..
tu ek dam se gayab ho jati hain to tension hoti hain :-)

nice to knw abt so many of ur frnds having babies..
cho cuteeee

have fun... tk cr
Cheers

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (3:23 AM) : 

You're still good, bacha! Hum sab hain na! :)

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (5:31 AM) : 

Glad to read tht u r AT PEACE now.. lollzz

I m enjoying my food here.. he he he
*wicked grin*

I bet u will name ur kid Neal/Uday
*more wicked grins*

Congrats to all ur frnds... n best wishes for u to stay positively charged always

happy weekend... monday la bolu

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:46 AM) : 

#Pooo,
Abe bahut ghee khatee hoon..lekin kahan jaata hai
samjhta nahi:)))
Are I know me gayab ho jatee hoon, lekin fir pleasant surprises bhi to detee hai:P

#Sash,
I know..tum nahi to mera kya hoga yaar!!
Tum se hai saara jahan...

#Sudya
Bahut pitega:P
UDAY--No way!!!
I will nickname your son as uday!!
Kyun re weekend pe chutti kya..internet se:))

#Viks
This was just one saturday re!!
Next week se either of days jaana hoga!!

$Ganga,
Yeah..Ill post those pics soon!!
Take care you too:)

 

Blogger R said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Life's sure good :)

I can never be off Pulav!

And hey, pics! Post them soon!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Nice to hear you have some free time :). Make the most! :)

hahaaa...I know how one can get so enthu about one kinda food and then get sick of it and not look at it for a long time, hahaa :). But rice is one thing I can have each and every day and not get tired :).

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (4:01 PM) : 

sahi hai...enjoy kara...
zunka, bhakari program kasa zala?
btw, how do u know vikram? he was senior in engg days..

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:36 AM) : 

such a great mention for me...

and I promise u never bug me...

 

Blogger The Individualist said ... (2:59 AM) : 

It's beautiful to not lose that childish instinct while the years grow on you. Love those people. Maybe that's another reason am in love with myself. :p

 

Blogger t said ... (7:33 AM) : 

*lost expression* oh... umm... hi ros... *sweet innocent smile* me first time on your blog... bhavdeep told me about the "chatur chaar"... umm... just wanted to say hi :)

and yaay on losing one pound! and good luck with kitchen adventures!!

 

Blogger PuNeEt said ... (8:37 AM) : 

lolz at pleasnt surprise...
ab kab de rahi hain ;-)

ooyee gayab matt hua kar...

ghee ka asar bhi hoga...
;-)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:05 AM) : 

#Rohit,
Are..even I don’t have a choice…pulav naheeto lunch ka problem ho jaayega tiffin box mein!!!

#Hershey,
Are, I cant do without rice even!

#Prad!
//In the end you will only remember the accomplishments and not whining and days you over worked//
Absolutely!!
Lekin. Like I said before…its not the end of journey that affects you but the hourney itself!
And Nikita’s are nice!! Question is whether Neel will treat her well:P
And regarding your ratio..That might be the case in Engg schools. In grad school and maybe wherever I go..the ratio is exactly the opposite:P

#Thanu,
:)
Even if u say I bug you, I wont stop doing that..aadat se majboor:P

#The Individualist
//Maybe that's another reason am in love with myself. :p//
To love someone, it is so essential to love yourself..
:)

#Trupster,
Aakhir aap aa hi gaye!!
Welcome welcome!!
Chatur chaar kissa has become talk of the town;)
And hahaha..we are so used to calling Virdi as “Popo” that Bhavdeep..makes me wonder who ishh thishhhh:))
Keep coming girl!!

#Pooo,
Ghee ka asar…
Hmm..I ve given up on that long time back..Sigh!!

#Ganga,
Don’t laugh so loud on Pooo’s jokes….hehehehehhe…he is a a PJ maste:P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

first visit here..nice blog you have..and i surely agree with that bahar ka khana and stuf..you eat one kind of stuff till you absoultely can take it no more....then you switch to something else till you get fed up...then you switch back to the original and the cycle continues:-)

 

Blogger Planck said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Leave your whine
and rise in shine.

 

So you were saying....