Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 27, 2006

Making hell out of nothing at all

There was this story amongst million stories that my mom used to narrate while I was really really small.
So there was this story about a rabbit which I used to hear from her. I dont know the whole narration but just write lines that probably is related to my life.
It turns out that a rabbit is a very coy animal by nature. A very shy and easily scared thing. So when a leaf fell on its back, the animal thinks that all hell broke loose.
It starts telling every animal it meets on the way that a thunderstorm is on its way!
It gets overwhelmed and in due course puts all the other animals under great stress.
I think I am like that rabbit now!
Not scared or shy but easily overwhelmed.
We all live in a stressful world but each one is equipped with a defense mechanism. I on the other hand revert into my shell.
And the most funny part is, at the crack of dawn when I think back..it seems worthless to have fret over something!
Like Sayesha's post sometime back where she mentions how she starts thinkin of that voicemail when she is in a Statistics class. Similarly, today when I was sitting in my statistics class, I got atleast 10 missed calls from my university. We get one common number (for privacy purposes), so was unable to tell who must have called.
There was a voicemail too.
I lost all my calm and kept thinking who must've called and why!
Maybe I messed up in lab. Maybe my grant has been reviewed and I have been awarded the fellowship, maybe someone in my university found out about my blog! and all sorts of things that I dont want to narrate here.
I just excused myself from the class to go listen to that voicemail and was relived that it was from a friend who needed a ride home:O
While driving back, I was wondering why exactly do such things bother me??
Some times things dont deserve a second thought! still I drain my energy over those insignificant aspects in life.
Things should probably not be so important that it makes you lose your balance in life!
This rabbit needs to know that a leaf is a leaf. And its weight is not too much for it to handle!

Comments on "Making hell out of nothing at all"

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (10:31 PM) : 

dids relax....anxiety sab ko hoti hai...smtimes even i die to read mails when i know there is one new mail and for sm reason i cant immediately read it.
happens...dont worry..chilllllllll. just slow down a bit:)

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (11:16 PM) : 

Yeah you need a holiday, baby. Singapore mein. Accomodation provided! ;)

 

Blogger Apy said ... (2:07 AM) : 

Dude!!!
You need to chillax... well .. if it makes you feel any better, u should know that you are not the only rabbit. We all have our own anxieties bout different things that happen on a daily basis.. some fr mails.. sm for calls .. and many people get anxious jus thinkin out smthin weird..(jus the thought process).. so only way to get out is HakunaMatata :D
(hehe..cdnt help.. was watchin Lion King again las night.. n it jus crossed my mind)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:11 AM) : 

#Phoenix!
So am normal:))

#Sash,
WOW! dabboo(paisa) bhi mangta hai na:P
Waise waiting for your arrival and Dino too;)

#Apy,
Heheheh..Hakunamatata:D
We are all hares..SOrry that was a PJ..
I get anxious about pretty much anything thats anxiety inducing:P

Waise me a dudette;)

 

Blogger Shreyas said ... (3:34 AM) : 

well i kno this feeling too and the helplessness it comes associated with is just too much... but with so much riding on evryones shoulder in terms of expectations... dont really know if we have an option to relax....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 AM) : 

Hey Meg,
Dheeraj rako yaar. know wat...the more overwhelmed/stressed out u are now, the happier u will be later on..bcos there is something called law of averages. It seem to bind everything including god (I mean SRT here) :)

A

 

Blogger aria said ... (5:53 AM) : 

At least tht missed call thing happens to me too - I missed 2 calls in the morning at 5 when I was walking my dog. I wasnt carrying my cell then.. thinking who would call me at 5am.. I tried that number and it was of a PCO .. ugh . I still havent found out who called and its irritating as hell!
Btw why were you worried abt blog ? I don't think you post anything here tht should in anyway harm you.. I'm sure most universty students - blog ..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

you need to relax a bit...probably not think too much about every small thing and this relates to all aspects of life, be it work, home, family, friends or relationships. You need to know that may be all people do not think the same way as you do too. Hence do not judge anyone just because, you in a similar situation would have been thinking in a particular way.

btw nice post..KEEP IN TOUCH !

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:45 AM) : 

#Shreyas,
Very true...U have voiced out what is going on in mind. More than anyone else's expectations, your own expectation out of yourself..

#Anon,
Hey..can't believe you have nicknamed me Meg:))
I hope the end result is what you said:)Whats SRT??

#Aria,
5 am! I would be super pissed if that happens to me:O of cors if its someone else other than my friends..and India mein u dont have voice mail option rite??
Nahi re..I would so not be comfy if my labbies or university friends find out..love the mystery associated with blogging..
Sorry have been away from your blog for a while now:(

#Anon,
//every small thing and this relates to all aspects of life, be it work//
My WORK is a big aspect of my life. And I cannot not think about it.. Sorry thats just me.Thankfully, my friends, home and family are supporting the cause and not causing too much stress.
And I am aware that not everyone can think like me, coz not everyone is crazy as me:D
And well, if you have read this post correctly..I think the central theme of this post was ME judging myself and not anyone else and I think I have the right to do that:)
//KEEP IN TOUCH //
Well, for that I need to know who you are!

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (2:22 PM) : 

hey Rays girlie
well sometimes when we are on edge small things bother us...i think at one point of time or other we all go thro this phase....and we will come out of it too soon :)
what does not kill you will only make u stronger...
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger RP said ... (4:32 AM) : 

RoS,
I Cud hve continued yer post for pages. So am I but nt always (I hope).

Psst... is ye a virgo?

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (8:35 AM) : 

hota hain...

its like we r behind counting the small n few black dots on a big white paper rather than looking at the huge white area

samajla? nahi na... mala pan nahi

like the last line :)

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (8:36 AM) : 

oye n Gudipadwyachya hardik shubhecha :)
puranpoli khayla ye nakki

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Slow down and take a break ROS..take a break

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Hi Kavitha,
SRT is ur God..You have mentioned about him elsewhere..
Meg is some reference to one of the conversations we had...

Hope u r feeling better now.
A

 

So you were saying....