Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dus afsane

I have been tagged by Thanu to list 10 different things I miss.

1. The two stars far far away from me

2. My sister's scolding:

Yep..I would hate it earlier, when Tai used to scream at me for every indisciplined act of mine. Be it leaving books anywhere in the house except for where they belong (that is..in the shelf). Or when she ironed all my clothes for one week and kept them neatly in the cupboard and the bashing that I got after I would stain them with tea or daal. As suggested by this card that she gave me when I was in 6th standard.Which says "Happy Birthday from Lady Hitler whom you better know as your sister"





Now my sister is more of a friend than a sister and now I realize that i miss someone screaming at me. Like they say "Siblings are the best links to your past"

3. My School: Lourdes High School, Kalyan

A place that I owe everything to. Best grades, best friends, best dhamaal. Where the guys teased me "Teacher's pet is that you?yes yes yes"

I miss being a teacher's pet:(








4. Public Transport:

I have travelled by every possible route in Bombay (except for boats).:P

Rickshaw, dukkar gadi, empty trains, tongas,over crowded trains, buses, taxis! Although hectic, it never seemed overwhelming. I hate being dependant on 'your owned vehicle"

5. Aslesha:

My dearest friend with whom I had the opportunity to travel on Scooty:)) One with whom I can simply say any crap without being guilty. One who used to come home every day just to have a "masala chai" made by me. With whom, I used to hang out at "Chaat cafe" in Kalyan. When one day, she wrote me this " Tere ko pata hai kya main chaatcafe gayi hi nahi hoon tere jane ke baad". Its been more than 3 years, the babe has not stepped into that place which was our favourite hangout.

6. Terrace:

I miss living in a building that had a terrace. Wonderful memories associated with that particular part of the building. Playing until late at nights, being scowled at for leaning across, or disturbing the papads that were left to dry, throwing baloons during holi, or spending the better part of teenage years with Priyu discussing our "crushes" which used to get "crushed"

7. Sunday afternoon naps:

The erstwhile "Kumbhakaran" is now a confirmed insomniac.

8. Being easygoing:

True. The once laidback typical "Cancerian" now worries about everything. Like how my friends put it "I look for trouble, where none exist".

9. Nimboo ka juice:

I remember the times in college, when we came home in scorching sun. The 2 Rs..limboo juice was the thirst-quencher.

10. Being truly contented:

There was a time, when I really was contented. When I was happy to be a second rank holder, was more than satisfied to get a first class in university exams. To work hard during the semester and get a comfortable summer vacation. Those indeed were the best days of my life!

I miss a lot of things that cant be expressed here.

I tag:

Vikram:- who is now getting these urges to quit blogging

Bag of Peas: An awesome writer and a new blogger

Vi: Havent tagged her in long

Nitin: Long time havent tagged him

Shreyas: A new blogger as well

Comments on "Dus afsane"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (9:44 PM) : 

nimbu pani is so good... i miss that too.. terrace bi mast tha re India esp when teh power goes out and everyone hangs out there..

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:46 PM) : 

#Thanu,
Hahahah..Missed that one:)) BTW, how did u know I wrote this:O?

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Abhi post kiya:)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:37 AM) : 

I just know re that u had posted...

just saw a missed call frm ya.. chalo later then g'nite

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 AM) : 

the stars are never gone, right ..plus they left us here for u :)

whew! u`ve come a long way Di ..the post is awesome food for thought.

I`ll take the tag soon ..thankee :D

 

Blogger RP said ... (5:06 AM) : 

i liked d last point. being content i realize i miss this too.

 

Blogger t said ... (8:36 AM) : 

almost everyone who done such tags says they miss school a lot; sacchi yaar school and college days are besssssst!!!!

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:41 AM) : 

#Wolf,
Wow..what a way to prove the world that you have no fear of height:O
BTW, no scolding here..me did the same thing:P

#Viks,
U and pet.huh?ho hi nahi sakta..pet hona to shakal pe likha hota hai:))

#Wolf,
:P Only good girls are teacher's pet:P
One should do their homework, write the names of big bad boys on the board so that teacher can punish them. I used to do all that:))

#Viks,
:P

#Thanu,
Aise hi call kiya tha:)

#Nitin,
the stars are never gone, right ..plus they left us here for u :)
Can't believe you got that one:O
Thanks Bro:)

#RP,
:(

#Trups,
I agree with that one. School-college ke bad life becomes too serious:(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

who else but the bro (atleast) cud get it correct Di ..with love :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (2:50 PM) : 

#Nitin,
Ulllooo:P

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Teacher's pet? Uggghhh...how B-O-R-I-N-G!!! :P Teachers suck *grumbles and swears under breath*.

Only good girls are teacher's pet
*Gasp* You mean I'm not a good girl? :| Hehe...good, good...accha hai. Goodness ka tag zyaada heavy hota hai carry karne mein. :D

The once laidback typical "Cancerian" now worries about everything.
Heh. I guess it's a Cancerian trait which comes with...*ahem*...AGE. I've a cousin and she's just the same age as you. She used to be pretty laiback till about 3-4 years back. Now, worries about every darn thing in this world. Guess she has borrowed this entire world's worries.
See! Age factor. :P

 

Blogger R said ... (8:16 AM) : 

Oh come on! Public Transport sucks. SUCKS.

 

Blogger Shreyas said ... (8:21 AM) : 

hey u better b single when i look out for a girl frd :D(...jus kiddin).. cos the way u write i m totally fallin for u.. its just amazingly close to the heart... very sweetly written... its a pleasure to read wat u write

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (11:07 AM) : 

dukkar gadi
lol

The erstwhile "Kumbhakaran" is now a confirmed insomniac
cant believe the 1st part

nimboo paani is best :))

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

what the hell is a dukkar gadi? thats a new one. Hmmm...we did not have those in Poona..in Poona we had giraffe gadi

 

Blogger jeenu said ... (1:33 PM) : 

hey ros
i miss the afternoon naps too.."sigh" and masala tea that my mom used to serve after i wake up...
good old days huh
nice one gal
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger vi said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Rosie,
As always enjoyed the post...I think because you always write from the heart :)
A walk down memory lane? Naah baba...trying to look forward now-a-days ;)

vi

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (1:39 AM) : 

#The Girl,
I started worrying when I entered 10th std:P
yeay its really the age:P

#Ro,
Haan re tabhi aise hi lagta tha..lekin now when i go to India..I travel by trains..puranee yaadein taja ho jatee hain;)

#Shreyas,
heheheh..and what makes u say..am single;)
Thanks re..:)

#Sudya,
Ho re..kharach..Nimbu pani rocks:)
Kaartya email kar!

#Freako,
Its a 6 seater gadi..Its also called as Tamtam:))

#Jeenu,
I know..naps are things of past now:(

#Vi,
Haan yaar..thats true lekin yeh tag kar de..:)Please:P

 

Blogger R said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Woh sab theek hai. Currently I am waiting to start earning so I can have a personal mode of transport ;)

 

Blogger educatedunemployed said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Oh I miss nimbu paani too..Man u bring back such awesome memories..I find myself drifting to your blog everytime I want a lil piece of home..

 

Blogger Shreyas said ... (2:18 AM) : 

i never asked u to b single.. jus wished that it wr to come true if i am single

 

Blogger Shreyas said ... (4:51 AM) : 

hey kavita i have written about the 10 things i miss too.. chek it out and tell me how to tag other ppl and stuff...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

hey dude, u seem to be from lourdes high school, kalyan... which batch? anyways nice to meet someone from my alma-mater on the net...
reg
nitin changlani changlani_nitin@yahoo.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

What a great site
Power washers southwest Keyword provigil comments affordable dedicated servers co-location powerful hosting hanai kayama model http://www.acyclovir400mg.info 92 pontiac bonneville indiana Free nextel polyphonic ringtone Prozac asthma high blood pressure and natural remedy Sexo anal videos gratis Explicit voyeurs preview redhead cum wmv Sjogrens relation to ca 125 blood test Hardcore deep throat Erotic asian art Naked gay black men

 

So you were saying....