Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A long weekend after a long time

Weekend comes and weekend goes!

Every year there are a lot of long weekends we get!

But this weekend was special in its own way..

I did not fly down to any fancy place, neither did I travel miles to seek happiness..coz happiness was at my doorstep:-)

There are certain things that are totally inexplicable but still I am trying to put them into words.

Exactly, a year 26th May that I landed in India one year back. Most happiest day I remember in recent memory. Exactly a year that I have been "that"happy. I felt the presence of my "hometown" here, coz a very dear friend from my home, Kalyan visited me.

In my home town, Kalyan we have this tower in the market place, which is called "Shivaji Chowk". This tower in Omaha, reminded me of that.



This one was at the Riverfront.



Lonely deserted street of Omaha on a usually quiet sunday evening. This was taken while driving, when the raindrops fell on the windshield.


This one was in Old Market. There is something totally mystic about old buildings especially in the evenings!


This was at the Omaha Heartland Park
Observe the ducks that were walking in one straight line. They spent the entire time at the same spot. Wonder how they dont get bored:O


This one is my favourite: "Path of Enlightenment" is what comes to my mind, when I look at it.




I don't know but the pic of this "mynah" cracks me up totally whenever I look at it! Both of us call it "Khadoos mynah" for some reason. My friend was clicking a pic of this bird and after several attempts wherein she was just carelessly flying everywhere, he managed to capture her after all. The moment he said "E thamb (hey wait)"..she paused exactly for few seconds, allowed him to click her, gave him an attitude and flew off":/




A railway track totally empty. Kinda takes me down the memory lane when I travelled by train in India. Never got to see such a vie sans people:)


Green grass and clear water..what else would one want?


And this one is my favourite! There is this dark sky, pale blue water, greens of different hue.


Clearly, the best weekend I ever had! Time well spent with a person from a familiar soil in a foreign country basking in midst of nature!

A Home away from home was the feeling:)

Comments on "A long weekend after a long time"

 

Blogger Apy said ... (12:31 AM) : 

Wow.. nice pics.. n Hiya .. long time no see... :D

 

Blogger aria said ... (5:36 AM) : 

Whatta heart-warming post and absoultely loved the pictures!

 

Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Waah Kalyan-wali waah.
Kya photu hai re.ekdum rapchik.

Shivaji chowk...hahaha...kya analogy hai.Good.This river reminds me of Ulhas nadi,the smell of whose comes to your nose as train reaches ulhasnagar.The rail track reminded me of 7.12 Fast Karjat local.waah kya din the woh.Standing of doorstep of train for full hour of travelling even though seats were empty,that antakshari with college friends which drives fellow travellers crazy,travelling without ticket,platform ka 3 rupee ka nimbu paani....aha..

Mumbai I miss you.

Dhat tere ki.Sorry.Phir se tere comment space pe maine mini Post likh diya.

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:36 PM) : 

There is nothing beautiful as feeling home away from home.

 

Blogger RP said ... (1:47 PM) : 

"Path of Enlightenment"
thatz my fav foto in de list. these snaps make me want 2 take a vacation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

May i save the 'path of enlightment' pic?

Ohh! already saved it. ( reminds me of the 'may i come in?' thing where we enter before the person inside asks us to... tht is so indian, and intelligent of us :D)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Nice pictures ROS...love the ones with the rain and the clouds. Whats up with you...I am dying...with the comps studying!!!

 

Blogger qsg said ... (1:37 PM) : 

Great pictures!

 

Blogger Shreyas said ... (1:46 AM) : 

cool pics... do u remember khidkivarche vade in kalyan.. we used to go from one part of town to another for those....

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (9:57 AM) : 

WOW, I cant believe I havent responded to comments in a week:O

#Wolf,
I was sure of myself but how can you be so sure, my friend had a good time too:P:P Jus kidding! I have a friend who is a photography expert, will let you know:-)

#Apy,
Yeah..other priorities in life:)


#Aria,
Thanks dear:-)

#Abhishek,
WHAT??Ulhas nadi??:O Are this is far better than that!! Ulhas nadi..ewwww:O
Train antakshari..hehehe..can relate to it so much!

#Thanu,
I agree to that to a T:)

#RP,
Go have one vacation. Its refreshing:)

#Satish,
yeah sure go ahead! No copyrights:D

#Freako,
Good luck with ur comps:) I am preapring for a conference over at Minneapolis on thursday:)

#Gemini,
:)

#Shreyas,
Khidki wada...Ouch...dukhtee rag pe haath rakh deeya:(

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (5:30 AM) : 

amazing pics dids.
it's amazing what adaptability does to us.

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Nice pics...I loved the Path of Enlightenment one. :)
And that Khadoos Mynah was awesome...hahaha...what a funny little thing. Haha.

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (9:26 AM) : 

:(( Cant see any pics ... all blocked

infact all sites r now blocked except google n blogspot (dont know if they kept this open for me)

pan mala maahit aahe ki weekend bhari jyast ka hote.. frnd frm Kalyan huh... hmmmmmm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

ahem ahem ..sab pata hai mujhe ..abhi to aage aage dekho kya hota hai :P :D
nice Di ..all u've ever been lookin for ..is jus around ..rock on woman ;)

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (3:13 PM) : 

the ducks one n Path of enlightenment r my favs...

 

So you were saying....