Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Of food and frustration:)

Chanelling negative energy into the kitchen!

Try making the hardest dish!

The one that you have failed a million times.

In my case, it was "Bhakri"(or bajre ki roti)

Roast it to vent out!


Try real hard to get the round shape.



Even harder to prevent the dough from breaking down



Help yourself with generous helpings of ghee.

And eat it with "Kadhi"





After that, relax..coz most of the "steam"has been already spent!

:)

Comments on "Of food and frustration:)"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:21 AM) : 

we have the same at home (I mean dad and mom's place..) Hope u r all chilled now.

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (9:42 AM) : 

ROS!!! X-( It's dinner time here and my dinner isn't ready yet and your blog has made me hungry! AAARGH! If I die of hunger, I shall come and haunt you forever and ever. :P
And the word "Bhakri" reminds me of that Coca-Cola ad by Aamir Khan, some two years back. He used to say, "Oo sher hai shab...bohot danger hai...bhakri khata hai, bhakri". Hahahahaha. :D

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:30 AM) : 

#Thanu,
Have the same?? Samjha nahi mujhe..
//Chilled out//
Read e-mail:(

#Ganga,
U dont need to na...Your wife must be taking care of it:P

#The Girl,
See, then it indeed was appatizing. Your mom will thank me:P I have heard that you do a lot of naatak to have your dinner:P:P:P
Ohh...never seen that ad..Youtube pe hai kya??

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I do a lot of natak? :O Kisne bola? Kisne bola? Kisne bola? :O Sarasar jhooth hai! :| Rather, I just make a few people jealous by listing the dishes. :P
And yeah, that ad is there on YouTube. See this link.
Also see this. It has all the fundoo ads that Aamir Khan did for Coke two summers back. :D
ENJOY. :D

 

Blogger R said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Ahem.. maine bhi try kiya tha ek baar. Got a superb scolding from Ma 'meri kitchen is such a mess now! get out!'

Guess I am alright with just Maggi :P

 

Blogger Ginkgo said ... (2:04 PM) : 

but then...the million $ question..
will it be any diff...if u r in a better mood:-)

Now dont u aim that chapati roll at me...:P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

hey ROS
u make better chappati's than i do girlie
power to ya
cheers
jeenu

 

Blogger vi said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Hi Ros,
At least you thought of making something different like bajri roti! Looks fine to me!
BTW, I use to have that design wala plate too :)

vi

 

Blogger vi said ... (8:06 PM) : 

Had a closer look at the pic...don't tell me you make roti in a non-stick pan????

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (8:20 PM) : 

#The Girl,
Hahahhaha loved that ad;)
Bhakri khata hai bhakri=))
Thanks for that info..it rocked:)

Your mommie told me about ur naatak:P

#Rohit,
Hahhahaa..I would think so..my benchtop is also a mess now:))

#Gi,
Yeay it would be..coz if I am in a better mood..I wont make rotis:))[Coz my mood will get ruined if I dont get the right shape n texture)

#Jeens,
Hahhaa..Why u signed as anon??
And this effect on rotis is only for one day:P

#Vi,
Thanu just said, she has the same plate too at home:O
Graet minds think alike;)

And haan re I use non stick..coz I dont have that griddle that we have back in India:(:(:(

 

Blogger Kiran said ... (1:18 AM) : 

Your blog is sparkling now... n gr8 work wid d roti...cool

 

Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said ... (3:33 AM) : 

Bhakri looks like this????

hmm...

Its been 2 years since I had bhakri and zunka from my Engineering college canteen in Karjat(u r Kalyan wali so u must be knowing this place).Just loved it.
Also that Kande pohe,Vada Pav,Bhajji with hari-dhaniya chutney...ooohhh

I feel like going Karjat again.

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (11:06 AM) : 

mala bhuk lagli he pics baghun

ghari jaun aata maggi karun khaychi aahe :((

 

Blogger Layfield said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I'm really sorry, but that looks terrible. I hope it tastes good.

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (11:53 PM) : 

nice idea

 

Blogger Phoenix said ... (11:54 PM) : 

nice idea

 

Blogger Rajit said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Hey ROS, visiting your blog after a long time....hey nice attempt on the 'bhakri', that's something I used to eat quite regularly at home... missing it now!

Stay put on the effort, you'll get it..(speaking from experience, I was able to get a decent shape a couple of times)

cheers
Rajit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 AM) : 

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

So you were saying....