Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 29, 2006

California..I saw, I came, I conquered:)


After a lot of gudbud, I finally landed in sunny california:) and just like the place...it rocked!!!


I had a lot of trouble putting up the pics...:X(
Hate blogger for that. It would not let me put up any more:((

California: The land in the west. Unmatched. Incomparable. A state in its own. I used to defend my place whenever Thanu and Vikram sang praises about it. But sometimes, you need to experience things in order to believe in them.

Although, it was a short stint..I believe no amount of time would do justice to explore the richness of the place.

A place that is culturally diverse and that lacks a major ethnic group. In fact, on the streets as well as on the roads, one can find either an asian or a hispanic:))

The fast life, the zzoming cars....it scared me..especially known was the fact that San Francisco (SFO) had notorious traffic!

My cousin lives in a place miless away from SFO in one direction and few miles away from nature!

Explored beautiful scenic places. Beaches,sand, waterfall, ocean..Man! how serene!!!








Another area of interest was the Golden Gate Bridge. A bridge that is spread over 8 miles and which took like 4 years to be constructed. They say one needs to be lucky to see the bridge clearly. As you can see in this pic, a thick coat of fog overshadows the bridge's top portion. Well, looks like I was unlucky..coz we went there twice and both the days were foggy!




Then in the middle of the bay, there is this 'prison' which is quite famous and called as 'Alcatraz'. Again you can see that in this pic (in middle) again hard to see coz of the fog!



We took this SFO tour bus which took us around the city. This one is the Fishermans Wharf. Live crabs :O and all sea-food delicacies..not of my interest:P




SFO skyline! Tall buildings, greenary!! now thats something which does not make CA a concrete jungle:)


The Pier 39. That offered live entertainment. This is what the real california is. Buzzing with people who look 'happy' and 'who enjoy life'



More people!!! rocking to the rock band..Viks..missed you here:(


The Pier again!


No visit to california is complete if you do not visit Ghirardelli:)

My age old desire to have Ghirardelli's warm Caramel Sundae:) Ummmmmmm..yummiee...so filling!!!





And my visit would have been incomplete if I hadn't met Thanu. She already blogged about my visit here.

She is one friend with whom I have connected marvellously. The first blog friend I met. She had made Masala dosa and sambar as promised.



She lives in a beautiful apartment and the best part is I could totally relate the 'online'Thanu to the 'real-life'Thanu. I always 'knew'she was organized, careful and planner. It was different this time, coz I 'saw' her that way. Her home is spotless. A friend who was accompanying me said 'Her house is so clean that even if we walk, it would stain it':)

All I know she is extremely warm and an equally adorable wife:) and that indeed was Thanu's Humble Abode:)

Overall, I got to spend some exciting time with family. Made some beautiful memories precious enough to be shared:)

Experienced California, the spirit of California. Celebrated Life!






Comments on "California..I saw, I came, I conquered:)"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (12:28 AM) : 

i also enjoyed u being here...

 

Blogger "the girl who ate everything and didnt even burp" said ... (12:59 AM) : 

:) i hv never been outta india...

abe who was tht friend jiske saath u went to thanu's house?? bol bol ;)

i think i know ;) ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 AM) : 

Nice Pictures ....and good to hear that i reached safely by united airlines;) ... So enjoyed california, great .... I also love this place ...u can say I have to love it as I work here .. ...

air ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 AM) : 

sorry for the typo .... I actually want to say " good to hear that u reached safely by united airlines;)" ...

air ...

 

Blogger R said ... (1:22 AM) : 

Ah. A brilliant way to sum up a trip. Loved reading it. And the pictures! I wanna see more! :D

And Golden Gate Bridge's picture is SO cool!! Brilliant effect!

And Thanu sounds a cleanliness freak like my folks :|

 

Blogger virdi said ... (2:28 AM) : 

abe sexyyy fotos... and cali looks so breezy and windy.....

V...

 

Blogger educatedunemployed said ... (2:43 AM) : 

Beautiful.Love to see you have enjoyed so much.
Tsk tsk, I too have been promised the Masala dosa and banana chips.So looking forward to it.

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (3:39 AM) : 

yaaayy.. a rocking trip going by the description

blogger is not allwoing me to post a single pic today :(

it must have felt gud to meet online buddy who is close to heart..

masala dosa n sambar in cali.. whoa! gr8 going Thanu

 

Blogger Apy said ... (5:34 AM) : 

That sounds like a rocking trip... glad that u had a great time...

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (11:39 AM) : 

@Viks apna california mast hai na.. even wiht out the weed..
@rohit No.. I'm not a cleanliness freak. Ilike things clean, freak makes it sound so negative

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:34 PM) : 

#Thanu,
:)

#Sugar

Hehehe..to TU hai>> Dhakkan..dara deeya mujhe:P
Yahan aa ja..Omaha bhi out of India hai:P

#Air..
//Sorry for the typo//
Hahahaa..this is not a newspaper ki exact spelling chahiye:P Dont worry about that:)
Yeah..there is a difference between 'visiting' and 'living'. I am not sure if I can wade away through SFO traffic:P

#Rohit,
Thanks:) Abe 'freak'kayko bolta hai..I cannot relate to Thanu being that way:P I must see your room Rohit:P

#Virdi,
Haan yaar...becharee mein was moving with a light jacket:))

#EU,
Thanu told me y'day that you love banana chips too..But I bet tere aane tak kuch bhi bachega uske yahan:P I finished half the packet:P

#Sudya,
Blogger sucks frequently:X(
California mein bhi..'dil hai hindustani':)

#Apy,
Yeah man! I did:)

#Viks,
Abe I'explored'the place [Read between lines duffer]:P
Nice poem..tune likhee kya??:)

#Thanu,
Viks must be talking about 'weeds'and shrubs:))
And Rohit to typical 'Teenage baccha'hai:P

#Wolf,
Abe apne ko 'Gold'wala dil nahi..intact blood vessels wala dil mangta hai:P
Sorry that was a 'PJ';)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (5:41 PM) : 

amongst people with hearts of Gold - Me me me

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (2:23 PM) : 

nice pics.. are those bananas real or fake on Thanu's table.. their colour is awesome :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
»

 

So you were saying....