Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 19, 2006

In a land of likes

Freindship with women: Can either be a hit or fail miserably!
I have always maintained that maintaining friendship with a woman is always tough (here I am talking about a girl-girl relationship).

Either you don't have expectations..(you be happy this way) or expect from someone whom you are sure wont let you down. I do have two friends with whom I can expect anything without getting hurt. But they have been friends from childhood so maybe its a matter of time!

The main problem with this being the fact that girls are prone to jealousy and are subject to sulking as well. Which sometimes prevent them from revealing 'their true self'

Although, I have been lucky in many respects as concerns to friendships with gals..but there are some incidents which I would rather forget.

Back in Summer 2004 when I left Lousiana, I was very good friends with a gal-I-would-rather-forget (GIWRF)

After being good friends..(now I need to be careful with my usage of the term 'good) neways atleast thats wht I believe, I was!

Suddenly, a week before leaving the town she shoots off a rude email to me and my roomie saying 'She wont be there for my farewell party and that she would never be friends with us anymore'

The damage was done here itself.

My roomie who continued to live there, tried to figure out the problem and told me that she was a victim of some misunderstanding. I tried to brush off this whole episode and called her after 6 mths. We continued to talk like before. No questions asked.

Later, in 2006..we never got to exchange a single word..coz she doesnt have a cell.

I left couple of messages on her home phone but she never cared to call back. Fine. I happened to talk to her today.

She had to dig out stuff from the grave and told me that I had hurt her previously. Adding that we had different levels of sensitivities because of which she doesnt want to be friends with me anymore. So that she can avoid any further hurt.

Well, irrespective of how much I hate a person..I have never gathered the guts to speak out this statement to anyone. Which can be THE RUDE thing to say to anyone.

We all might have done things in the past that would not have been pleasant. I am not defending myself or anything for the very fact being that, I have no clue what she was talking about.

The problem is that, a lot of damage can be undone if things are talked promptly. I would so much prefer being friends with a girl who would tell me I suck instead of one who cloys with her sweetness intitially.

Secondly, the other problem arises when one girl asks one common friends to stop talking to the 'vivtim' only coz she has problems!

If I think correctly, all of my guy friends have been really understanding. They dont mind my calling them 'dimwits, ullo, idiot, gadha, moneky'. None of them have bought up things 10 years back saying ' U said this to me like a million years ago'. Likewise, there are many guys who have told me ' Dimag ka dahi mat bana. Paka mat' etc..and I sware I have never felt annoyed. I guess I have very few girl-friends to whom I can comfortably say such things!

But nevertheless, am lucky to have those handful of them:)

Waise bhi zindagi mein kabhi haan kabhi na to chalte hi rehta hai. Some like you and some dont:D











Comments on "In a land of likes"

 

Blogger Kusum Rohra said ... (9:11 AM) : 

First comment!!! Yippie, and yeah I agree friendship (girl-girl) is definitely tougher.

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (11:48 AM) : 

It is very hard to have females as friends, they are very sensitive.

 

Blogger vi said ... (2:01 PM) : 

K, hmm lets see...I think (not sure though lol) I agree with you...girls can be moody sometimes LOL...
Take Care,

vi

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (4:12 PM) : 

yeah agreed to whatever u wrote..but one thing remains ur one gadhic cop :))

 

Blogger Sayesha said ... (10:26 PM) : 

Achha post hai babe... spot on about the jealousy and sulking part... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

Hey nice post ... and I also agree to what you wrote ... girls are sometimes pretty sensitive ... but would like to add a point that if a girl is too sensitive and gets hurt on small thing even guys will have a problem to keep up friendship with such a kind ....
BTW you got my name pretty right .... great ..

Sameer .......

 

Blogger aria said ... (6:58 AM) : 

In my case .. all my girl frnds either get married or find a steady boyfrnd n then they just get lost somewhere . .sigh .. n i dont search for them either ..
But I know what you mean by J n other stuff you wrote abt .. I concur..
Read the other post too .. waiting for the California post ..
"California calling 20 miles to go.. " the Enrique number is one of my favs . .

 

Blogger Apy said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Hmmm.... Will agree ... though havent seem many girls pulling each others hair.. lol..

nice post....

 

Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Waise bhi zindagi mein kabhi haan kabhi na to chalte hi rehta hai. Some like you and some dont:D
Very true, as long as you know yourself and are confident about yourself thats all that matters :-)

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (3:48 AM) : 

frnds come n go.. true frnds stay forever with u whtevr may be the case

well i still remember some of the swear words u bestowed me around 10 yrs back.. so be ready for a fight in the court :P

 

Blogger Deepak Menon said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Wow - the rock thing was freaky but I think I have byepassed the thing and am writing this here comment - you are so correct about women - one never knows what they will do or think Ha Ha. I bet you had not bothered to pick up the handkerchief she had dropped and these things are taken very very seriously by them .. and I think I will post a proverb of mine just now about women on my blog - you can read it when you check who on earth is this demoninlove chap Ha ha and to kill the suspense - I am one of the people who are in Gangadhars Family of Bloggers
Good posts you have made on your blog.
Deepak

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (3:07 PM) : 

#Kusum,

Yup..I am sure many females would;)

#Wolf,
//...because Friends Forgive and Forget!//
Very true:)

if one gets along with everyone..life mein koi spark hi nahi rahega:P

#Thanu,
Iske upar ka debate email pe ho gaya;)

#Vi,
WOW..kya aankhein hai yaar:)moody..sometimes??
Many-a-times I say;)

#Ujwal,
Gadhic mhanje kay>>

#Sayesha,
Haan but I believe that one shd not be overpowered by jealousy..otherwise the whole realtionship becomes tumultous:)

#Air,

///on small thing even guys will have a problem to keep up friendship with such a kind .... //

Personal experience se bol rahe ho kya;)?

#Apy,
Hahaa..pulling hair..buss abhi wahee bacha hai karneko:P

#Viks,
Women man..mein kayko resonate kar raha hai be:P
Ya u better call ur lawyer..:D Would like to meet him;)

#Kroopz,
Lang time babe;)
Ya man..thats what matters..coz different ppl have different perceptions about you anyways:)

#Sudeep,
Haan mein tayar hoon..Leke aa..Lawyer re:P

#deepak,
Welcome:)
//the rock thing was freaky //
Which rock thing???

Hehehe even god cannot know what 'women think';)
I just read Ganga's blog:) it was very nice of him to consider me as one and pleased to meet you too..will check ur blog too:)

 

So you were saying....