Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 23, 2006

United Airlines Sucks!

As I was about to embark on my trip to sunny california after a gap of one year, United airlines screwed it all!

Exactly 23rd June 2005, that I cam back from my trip to India and since then this was my first flight in a year.

Beaming with excitement, I landed at the airport for my 6:45 PM flight and while I reached, I saw this board saying flight departing at 9:00 PM..:O

I went upstairs and found that tehre were other ppl whose flight was delayed before me and they have been there for more than 3 hrs!

Darn! I might actually not be able to make it tonite, I thought!

Meanwhile, some angel showed us a direction and some flight came in and we were made to board that one!

We got inside comfortably perched and the dude announces "This flight will not leave Omaha due to technical errors which we previously tried to resolve. But we still see a leak"

Soooooooo??

Are we supposed to feel sorry??

Dude, if the flight was already screwed up..why din't you bring one aircraft earlier which would take us to our destination???

We were made to alight the flight.

OK! next flight coming down at 9:30 but you WILL MISS YOUR CONNECTING FLIGHT! and stay over in Denver fo that night!
WTF...

So.......??

You might have to leave tommorrow morning!1

Do I have an option?? No....

So thank your stars and reach home..instead of spending the night in some god forsaken airport!

I am still in a better shape..I am at home, sipping tea and cooking for the night.

There are several others who are still at the airport and dont know how long they have been travelling.

Lady 1:-Travelling from Hendley which is 4 hrs from Omaha (she was 70+ and started from home at 7 AM)

Lady 2;- has this important conference and she needs to be there by noon tommorrow

Man 1:- Has been transiting in Omaha and basically is stuck here.

Other flights are full and so are the hotels coz of this freaking baseball.
Some damn College World Series.

talk about sports and its craze spread over like a virus:X(

To couple the whole issue you got to deal with rude officials. Believe it or not, they were actually behaving as if they are doing a huge favour on us! We have paid 300$ or more for tickets. We DESERVE to go to our destination. By hook-or-by-crook!

How do u manage an airline company if you cannot handle crisis? worse still your employees are not trained enuf to deal with fuming people!

We do not get 10 days of holiday. And you ruin it with all this hassle in our 3 days of happiness and not even being apologetic??

As I type this, I am not even sure if I will get to go to California tommorrow:(


Comments on "United Airlines Sucks!"

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (11:07 PM) : 

ise mat bol.. kal subah before i wake up u'll be here..

aapke intezar mai
-thanu

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (10:28 PM) : 

i know. I have experienced this late flight scenario for so many times. I have been stranded from 3hrs to 12hrs on the airport. Its so boring. You are waiting for this trip ever since you have booked tickets and then suddenly all this late/technical difficulty crap comes and spoils the fun. But u dont worry, be a little patient and you shud be california the next moment . good luck :)
Btw, i wud have stayed at the airport for some more time for some sight seeing, u know ;-) :P

 

Blogger Abhishek Upadhyay said ... (12:58 PM) : 

I never knew these things happen in America.Talk of efficiency and punctuality; and Amerika comes into mind.

Isse achcha toh apna bhartiya railway.For any discrepancy they play the "Aapki asuvidha ke liye hame Khed hai" tape.

Amerikans should take some lessons from Mumbai Local train management...

 

Blogger Koi Pahailee said ... (2:58 PM) : 

so did u get to go finally?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM) : 

I do agree to what u say .. this United airlines is really bad and unreliable.. a similar incident happend to me when I was flying from Bombay to San jose .... I was suppose to change four flights to complete my journey .... I succesfully changed my first three flights and the final connecting flight I was supoosed to catch at denver .... when I reached there I was already so tired and exausted and was expecting my journey to finish in next two hours ... but the same unwanted happen, the united airlines connecting flight was cancelled due to some techincal problem and I had to wait at denver to catch my next flight for litrally six hrs ....

It feels bad at times but at the same time I thanked god that United airlines found the problem in there aircraft before the flight took off :)....This is life we have to take it the way it comes ....

Sameer .....

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (3:55 AM) : 

hope u reached cali safe n sound...

safe n sound was for the stewards n hostesses of the flight :P

have a gr8 trip..

 

Blogger "the girl who ate everything and didnt even burp" said ... (1:42 AM) : 

oyeeeee!! yeh bhi bata waha jaake kya karnewaali hai ;)
waise i know *winks* :D

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (11:38 AM) : 

#Thanu,

I DID have a great trip:)

#Ujwal,
Hahahaa...yeay..sightseeing in Omaha:O I would have prefered being stranded in SFO;)

#Abhishek,
A lot of things happen in Amrica;) although in this case, one guy got the official's name now the poor guys life must be in jeopardy..(thats the only difference):D

#Koi Paheli,

Haan ji..Just came back..will write about it soon:)

#Air (let me call u that):D

I thanked god that United airlines found the problem in there aircraft before the flight took off :)....

Wow..loved what you had to say..but in that moment all I could do is curse them:D

#Ganga,
Family member??WOW..I will check it out..u are upto something interesting surely:D

#Sudya,

Hahahaa..wahee mein sochoon..tere munh se mere liye itne pyaar bhare shabd:P

#Sugar,
//waise i know *winks//
Yeh kya tha re?? I jst checked ur blog..Do I know you;)

 

Blogger Thanu said ... (2:43 PM) : 

no post abt cali trip yet?

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (3:40 AM) : 

aila .. yet nahi ka kadhi :x

 

So you were saying....