Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Gifts gifts gifts

Mark Twain once said 'Age is a matter of mind. If it doesnt mind, it doesn't matter'

So I had a nice birthday. I cut two cakes but I am still 26:))

This one being my favourite chocolate cake!!! My labmates celebrated my birthday in the lab:) Also got a beautiful card that said 'No matter how strange or fun..we (labmates) wish the very best for you'

Thats indeed true. Work place is always a medley of different types of people!



My friends came home at midnight and bought this beautiful cake. I only like chocolate cake with no icing..and I hate white cakes..but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this one indeed had a chocolate cake, beneath!




Amongst the gifts that I received, this one from Wolf totally cracked me up..Trust him to come up with this innovative gift idea:) He bought this Kitchen Apron for me, along with a card that said 'To appreciate the marvellous cook inside you'. It has the photo of a woman in the 60's and this apron was a tribute to women. WOW..Thanks my dear:) But there are some gifts, which usually go unopened for the fear of getting them stained.


My friends presented me with a Crystal Goblet:) 'Goblet of Fire'
Hahhaaa
Guess, I will have to have my juice in this now:) OK..for allof you, bring your wine..I will provide glasses:P


Always wanted to own a 'Mikasa'crystal bowl. And then there are some things which are always best received as gifts.;)



This card sent to me by three friends whom I have never met but people who are amazingly cute and full of life!

This card was MY FIRST gift this year! Presented by Vik, Slain and Shiji!

The three cute cartoons totally represents them. If u can enlarge it, the captions are witty and hilarious! Vik was the one who posted it and was annoyed to know that it came to me on 4th june (which he thought was my birthdate). Nevertheless, wishes are wishes irrespective of when you receive it. Its the goodwill that matters:) Thanks people!!!


And thank you all for your wishes too:)

Finally, my kitchen has all that it needs, sirf khana pakane wala chahiye:P



Comments on "Gifts gifts gifts"

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (10:47 PM) : 

#Karma,
Hahaaa..Even I did not expect so many gifts:)
Chalta hai..U owe me a Tiramisu for Italy's win:P
And u dont need to go out for that..online bhej de:P

 

Blogger educatedunemployed said ... (3:42 AM) : 

Hey, it is so nice to be remembered on birthdays.It is little gestures that makes life so much more worth it.Happy you had a good time.

Tsk tsk, some one sending Tiramusu over..I want black forrest cake..:D

 

Blogger The Girl Who Sold The World said ... (6:53 AM) : 

Whoa...so many gifts! :D Some birthday! And funny apron! Hahahaha.

Oh, and what cake was it? Tiramisu? Eugggh. :P
Muhahahahahaha. Okay, sorry. :P

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (8:59 AM) : 

pics wali post.. gharun vachava lagel

 

Blogger Sudeep said ... (4:03 AM) : 

pics are nice :)

n the choco cake was better... mez too hate the icing

lollz @ sirf khana pakane wala chahiye

 

Blogger Ekta said ... (4:06 AM) : 

hey,
First time on ur post and thot will wish u a belated bday!!
Looks like u had a blast on ur bday..what better way to celebrate ur bday than with loads of cake and frds!

 

Blogger if_tomm_comes said ... (11:51 AM) : 

viks ne mere ko chotu aur motu banaya. and i m the only one with whiskers. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

 

Blogger Ujwal said ... (12:19 PM) : 

are i missed u r birthday....belated wishes girl!!
Sahi u have so many nice gifts :)

 

Blogger Rays Of Sun said ... (12:47 PM) : 

#Karma,
Tomm will decide that:D

#EU

Direct your orders to florida;)

#The Girl,
Funny apron:O U want thappad:P

Only classy ppl like Tiramisu:P

#sudeep,
Okie..aalas na parat:)

#olf,
I hope he wont be 'Khana-pakwakelenewala":))

#Sudya
Yeay i like choc..:))

#Ekta,
Thanks so much. Keep visiting:)

#If tomm,
U are the real cattt..Meowowwwwwww

#Ujwal,
Thanks:)

 

Blogger ritzkini said ... (9:55 AM) : 

oh...
:O
happy birthday..belated...but still...
:)

 

Blogger vi said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Rosie! Belated Happy Birthday!!!!

vi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 AM) : 

best regards, nice info
» »

 

So you were saying....